One Thing Everybody Can Agree On.......maybe........

Peyton

There are lots of different opinions about what the Falcons win yesterday meant, beyond meaning that the Falcons are 1-0.

But one thing I think everyone can agree on is that we are going to learn a lot more about the Falcons this week than we learned about them yesterday.

The Falcons gave up 69% conversions on third down yesterday to a team that converted 36% last year. The guy coming in next Monday is the best there ever was at converting 3rd downs so I hope the Falcons tighten up on that this week.

Stanford Routt is a decent cornerback for the Chiefs but Reeves is the modern day Charles Dimry. Only so much could be learned from beating those guys. Hopefully the Falcons can make it look easy against Champ and Porter next week just like they did yesterday.

The Falcons line protected well yesterday, but the Chiefs best pass rusher was suspended. I am pretty sure young Von Miller is going to show up on Sunday, and I hope the Falcons tackles can handle him.

This is the perfect time of year to have a game like this against a solid AFC foe. The Falcons are going to learn a lot about themselves for this week, for better or worse. Either way it's good to find out these things in week 2.

I cannot wait to see how this offense plays on our home turf. That was an outdoor game on grass. We have always struggled on grass. We always look slower on grass. Julio was actually tackled in the open field.

This game will be interesting on many levels.

1. The difference between how we play on grass vs turf

2. How our defense will adjust to Manning and the Broncos

3. How our OL will hold up against the Broncos passrush (leading the league in sacks)

4. How our DL will get after Manning

5. Will we be able to rush the ball

6. Champ vs Julio, Porter vs Roddy

Third down defense was a theme all offseason that was addressed. So far the team looks vulnerable to play action fakes and slants up the middle. However, I know Nolan will watch film and make adjustments and the defense will be fine. I believe the defense will have growing pains as a whole but hopefully Monday they inflict pain too....

Third down defense was a theme all offseason that was addressed. So far the team looks vulnerable to play action fakes and slants up the middle. However, I know Nolan will watch film and make adjustments and the defense will be fine. I believe the defense will have growing pains as a whole but hopefully Monday they inflict pain too....

The earliest returns are not that encouraging.

I think Falcons win this game by 2 TDs . I don't see us losing this game . In our building

Falcons will know more about themselves in 2nd half of season vs Saints twice

, Philly , NYg , Dallas ..

I'm fairly confident we win this game rather easy . Denver losses last night if Troy P plays foundation sound football instead of trying to run all over field and not be responsible for anything

That Thomas TD turned game around

Falcons - 38

Denver -24

I don't know why exactly, but I just don't think you really believe that lol.