Scary To Me That We Have Zero Speed At Rb

Andre5000

None. Every team seems like they have 2 fast runningbacks. And We have THREE slow RBs. Uggggg. I'm still PO'd we didn't draft Dwyer in the 6th. It was a rish well worth taking. He looks good for the Steelers. I wish we coulda signed Magahee or somebody with at least a little speed for the backfield. Turner looks done. Like really done. It's painfully obvious.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Antoine Smith and Rodgers are not blazers but they do not fall in the same category as Turner and Snelling. Rodgers speed showed in his Kickoff return. Again, he is not fast but he is a quick burst type back...It would make this offense even more dangerous if we had a healthy Jerious Norwood that can take these screens to the house...

I wouldn't be suprised if we draft someone who has elite speed that can be our third down/speed back and Rodgers our featured back in a couple of years...

Antoine Smith and Rodgers are not blazers but they do not fall in the same category as Turner and Snelling. Rodgers speed showed in his Kickoff return. Again, he is not fast but he is a quick burst type back...It would make this offense even more dangerous if we had a healthy Jerious Norwood that can take these screens to the house...

I wouldn't be suprised if we draft someone who has elite speed that can be our third down/speed back and Rodgers our featured back in a couple of years...

Smith is a 'blazer,' but otherwise he's pretty useless on the football field. I'm sure he's a wonderful human being, though.

Really? Quizz didn't show any speed on the kickoff? Smith isn't fast? Yeah it would be nice to use Smith, but we didn't have to. I can name several teams that don't have a lot of speed at RB.

Quizz looked slow on that kick-off, he got caught from behind by a defender who had a bad angle and started out 15 yards away from him and running in the wrong direction. Quizz is quick, but he is not fast by any means.

I thought it was just me.......Michael turner is super slow -its like hes speed walking instead of runiing -tip toe tip toe. He seems to get slower every yr. Seriously tho antoine Smith needs more carries -probably wont happen though.....

I think the tip toe bit was looking for the hole that was suspose to be there but was not.

Turner does not seem as quick to change his direction as he was in 08 and 09 when there is no hole --he seems willing to poke his head into where the hole should be even if it's not there

Quizz looked slow on that kick-off, he got caught from behind by a defender who had a bad angle and started out 15 yards away from him and running in the wrong direction. Quizz is quick, but he is not fast by any means.

4.5 is plenty fast. No he's not 4.3 fast, but as far as the kick off he got tired lol. Think of Ray Rice, MJD speed for Quizz. Not fast, but fast enough to take it to the house. He definitely is quicker than fast.

I thought Turner had a decent day considering how we're using him.

He was gaining positive yardage for the most part and I think he even was able to 'break one' for 8-10 yards for a 1st down.

Turner doesn't have to be a home run every time. He just needs to be effective when he's in there.

This ^^^

Our offense looked pretty fine to me. One day a win will be reason to cheer around here , one day.

I agree fully on this. Quizz has a burst, but after a few yards its over with. I thought he was gone and then noticed he slowed up and the distance between him and the cover man shrunk and then disappeared, and we settled for a FG.

Really? Quizz didn't show any speed on the kickoff? Smith isn't fast? Yeah it would be nice to use Smith, but we didn't have to. I can name several teams that don't have a lot of speed at RB.
quizz isn't fast, he is more quicker then speed.. proof being as u saw how he leveled off and let arenas another slow returner catch him...

4.5 is plenty fast. No he's not 4.3 fast, but as far as the kick off he got tired lol. Think of Ray Rice, MJD speed for Quizz. Not fast, but fast enough to take it to the house. He definitely is quicker than fast.

I think he is 4.5 fast in track shorts. Looked slower than that. I agree he got tired, but everyone else chasing him should have been tired too. I like Quizz, but don't think he is a long term solution for kick-offs.

ever watch MMA, same reason the muscled up guys "gas" fast and the leaner guys last. Quizz' short muscular legs burn more Oxygen and swell with blood faster, than the long thinner legs of say a, DB's . watching that id say Quizz could take it to the house from the 40 or so, much farther than that, he'll get run down.

Honestly, if we really decided that we do not have enough, or ANY speed at RB we can go get it. There are guys out there with pure speed that may not be sharp enough at the other aspects of being a RB in our system. Specifically, each of our RB can pick up pass protection, which means that you do not see any of those guys as liabilities when they play on any down. Rodgers has quickness, if not top-end speed, but is good catching the ball out of the backfield, as is Snelling. I think we are fine with our RB's, but if they decided they need more explosion, a Norwood-like player is not too hard to find. You would just sacrifice some of the details and entangibles that may be taken for granted with our current crop if you give this new player any time.