You Want Greed? Chicago's Teacher Union Turn Down 16% Payraise - Worst Schools In The Country.

Guest Deisel

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm saying is these Union thugs turn down a payraise while the country flounders and they strike which negatively effects the kids even more. Chicago is floundering with crime and debt. The wisconsin scenario would pay dividends here. Rahm is a traitor to the community he lords over. He is a piece of sh.. as a person.

What I'm saying is these Union thugs turn down a payraise while the country flounders and they strike which negatively effects the kids even more. Chicago is floundering with crime and debt. The wisconsin scenario would pay dividends here. Rahm is a traitor to the community he lords over. He is a piece of sh.. as a person.

But your on his side on this issue. C'mon, just say it.

But your on his side on this issue. C'mon, just say it.

No, I'm not. I think its outrageous that these teachers would even ask for a raise and its outrageous that RAHM offered them a raise. He's a coward and a traitor.

Guess what. This will start happening all over if they keep cutting education. I'm not for tenure by any means but a union might be the only thing holding any public education system together here soon. I'm not sure what Chicago's education cuts have been but if it's anything like Georgia's then ppl have probably lost close to 25-30% of their pay. Add in the dangerous environment they have to teach in and it's not going to get better. I wouldn't teach there for 200k either. So pick which ever actual arguement you want to stand for and stop the random grab box you use. Because you just b!+€#ed about them asking for a raise, him offering a raise, them

Turning down the raise and the effect of cops having to step it up because of unsupervised kids. Stop going Andy Rooney and choose. Here's an idea. Put yourself in all those parties mentioned and think about it BEFORE you post.

Edited by JaGz

Guess what. This will start happening all over if they keep cutting education. I'm not for tenure by any means but a union might be the only thing holding any public education system together here soon. I'm not sure what Chicago's education cuts have been but if it's anything like Georgia's then ppl have probably lost close to 25-30% of their pay. Add in the dangerous environment they have to teach in and it's not going to get better. I wouldn't teach there for 200k either. So pick which ever actual arguement you want to stand for and stop the random grab box you use. Because you just b!+€#ed about them asking for a raise, him offering a raise, them

Turning down the raise and the effect of cops having to step it up because of unsupervised kids. Stop going Andy Rooney and choose. Here's an idea. Put yourself in all those parties mentioned and think about it BEFORE you post.

Less then 50% of those Union school kids get their diplomas each year. They are miserable failures as a total. 90% of the Non union school kids get their diploma's.

Less then 50% of those Union school kids get their diplomas each year. They are miserable failures as a total. 90% of the Non union school kids get their diploma's.

Really? Can I get the link to the story. Because most things I've read have union and non unionized schools as pretty equal. Charter/private schools do better of course because they get to pick which students are let into the school and which are kicked out when they don't do right. Where as public schools simply have no choice.

Really? Can I get the link to the story. Because most things I've read have union and non unionized schools as pretty equal. Charter/private schools do better of course because they get to pick which students are let into the school and which are kicked out when they don't do right. Where as public schools simply have no choice.

It's not an apples to apples comparison. The city of Chicago does have horrible schools, but it's because anyone with any money whatsoever that lives in the city puts their kids in private school. So the public school system is poorly funded with property taxes and has nothing but poor students with parents that are more concerned about keeping them alive than they are about getting an A in science.

It's not an apples to apples comparison. The city of Chicago does have horrible schools, but it's because anyone with any money whatsoever that lives in the city puts their kids in private school. So the public school system is poorly funded with property taxes and has nothing but poor students with parents that are more concerned about keeping them alive than they are about getting an A in science.

Unsure if you quoted the wrong person or not, but I'm completely aware of that. I had added that fact (proverty lvl) in my post above in comparison to union and non union schools but removed it. That's why I was making the public to charter/private comparison and stating that public get who can't afford the other choices.

Unsure if you quoted the wrong person or not, but I'm completely aware of that. I had added that fact (proverty lvl) in my post above in comparison to union and non union schools but removed it. That's why I was making the public to charter/private comparison and stating that public get who can't afford the other choices.

I meant to quote Deisel. I was agreeing with you. My bad!

My counter-proposal to the teachers would be to close the schools and refund as much money to the tax payers as possible.

Yea that would work good. Seeing what the crime rate is now with them on strike. Let alone the actual real parents there trying to get their kid educated and work to pay bills. I'm sure they wouldnt mind the double cost they would have to pay for a baby sitter or private school for their kids apposed to the public option.