Coach Smith On Ryan- Might Be The Best Game He's Played

falconidae

For those of you still carping about the deep ball or whatever from Ryan's game, smitty really liked it. I agree, understand the KC D was beat up, still:

Ryan hadn't won a road opener until now.

He now has a winning record outdoors.

He had 4 TDs, no TOs. check out some of the other efforts by QBs this week.

75% completion, 9.6 YPA, only reason he wasn't far north of 300 yards was the short fields he was gifted with.

He kept the pressure on Cassel, Cassel blinked first.

He carved that defense up- put the ball exactly where he wanted it. He's not a gunsligner, taking unnecessary chances, he's a surgeon carving up a defense.

Now he has to do that again on Monday night.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is can Ryan perform like this in playoffs vs a good team . That's the only question that remains to be seen . That was a great performance by Ryan and offense outside rushing attack . The Chiefs were banged up but that shouldn't take away how impressive we were

It's going to come down can Ryan play like this in post season . If he can then Falcons can win some playoffs . If he has played like 3 other prior we will be in same boat

blah blah blah

Playoff's aren't till after the season. Please come back then. Right now Ryan looks like the most Polished QB in the league.

Did you see that HORRIBLE int by Rodgers? He totally choked.

Ryan played like an elite QB. Yes, he's had some better games stat wise against bad defenses, but he didn't look in total control like he did in this game. He found the open man consistently and made it look easy. He was confident and knew he couldn't stopped and it showed in his play and body language. Seeing him hand Tony G the ball to dunk it and Ryan's celebration after was my favorite thing of the day. He is about to take off.

The question is can Ryan perform like this in playoffs vs a good team . That's the only question that remains to be seen . That was a great performance by Ryan and offense outside rushing attack . The Chiefs were banged up but that shouldn't take away how impressive we were

It's going to come down can Ryan play like this in post season . If he can then Falcons can win some playoffs . If he has played like 3 other prior we will be in same boat

So, Ryan has one of his best days as a pro and all you can do is complain about playoffs? Yeah, Ryan has to play well in the playoffs, but , if he plays like he did yesterday, he'll be in the playoffs for the 4th time in 5 years.

Hopefully they get to the postseason. It's not always in your hands, unless you win your division. The saints meltdown was a good sign.

I expect good things from this squad this year.

So, Ryan has one of his best days as a pro and all you can do is complain about playoffs? Yeah, Ryan has to play well in the playoffs, but , if he plays like he did yesterday, he'll be in the playoffs for the 4th time in 5 years.

If swift wants to complain about the playoffs then he should just leave until them.

Swift's new script will be to complain about Ryan's performance in the playoffs, which will give him an entire season of complaining until then.

He will never stop cause he has mental issues.

The two moments that loved from yesterdays game was Ryan spiking the ball after his TD run, he let his competitive spirit show and it was definitely a moment that fired up the team and the dunk by Tony, he wasn't going to do it at first but he did after being prodded by the offense. I'm not a big believe in "swag" but I do think being competitive/show boating a little and not letting off the gas is a big factor in getting over the top in the NFL. Tossing the ball the ref after scoring is fine in certain games but in a game that's getting heated like it did yesterday show boating can be demoralizing to the opposing team.

Yes , not worried about Ryan in regular season . I'm worried about what he brings to table in post season . I already know what I'm going to get from Ryan in regular season 250 yards 2 TDs play smart football , make good decisions . The questions with Ryan is how will he perform in post season under pressure and components of team that break down . Oline did great job yesterday

we will see how Ryan performs if Oline breaks down a lil and has to make plays

Let's not take away Ryan performance yesterday he was great

but let's not act like we haven't seen Ryan pass for 299 yards 3 TDs

It's the way the team did it that's different. They could have gone for 400 and 5 TDs if they wanted to.

Thank you swift. That's all I ask from you. Fair praise with fair criticism. We all are waiting to see this performance happen in the playoffs.

He can if he has protection from the Oline like he did today. At least thats what Auther Blanks believes and I will take his word for it.

Edited by BadMoonRising

Yes , not worried about Ryan in regular season . I'm worried about what he brings to table in post season . I already know what I'm going to get from Ryan in regular season 250 yards 2 TDs play smart football , make good decisions . The questions with Ryan is how will he perform in post season under pressure and components of team that break down . Oline did great job yesterday

we will see how Ryan performs if Oline breaks down a lil and has to make plays

Let's not take away Ryan performance yesterday he was great

but let's not act like we haven't seen Ryan pass for 299 yards 3 TDs

So, you're minimizing what Ryan did, Smitty says it's best game ever.

Going with Smitty on this one.

You're just sad- in the thread about Ryan's numbers, you said he'd never get to 5000 yards because he only had 8 300 yards games in 62 starts, now it's " lets not act like we haven't seen Ryan pass for 299 and 3"

Arthur Blank " .. “He understands this, that to become an “elite'' quarterback in the league, you've got to win playoff ..."

There really shouldn't be any back and forth from any side of Ryan argument until then

You won't see me complain or make a thread about a poor performance by Ryan in regular season

it's just that regular season

Let's see Ryan play like this in post season and give Falcons chance to win playoffs

I think that's what all Falcon fans want

Yeah sure... you and AB are tight... Now your claiming you and AB are on the same page about Ryan. Hey, settle down on your excitement about Ryans performance dude. It'll be a long season for you bro. I'm with the other guys here, it may be best for you to hibernate until late in the season to see if the falcons make the playoffs.

Wow Swift, thats all you got? Certainly you can muster more hate than that. It must be awful on Sundays for you. I mean if you're a real falcon fan in the truest sense. You basically are relegated to hoping the falcons win while Ryan plays a lousy game... Can you say awkward?

What is the point in being a fan if all you can say after a dominating performance is "Doesn't matter 'til I see it in the post-season."

I mean, honestly, maybe I'm being a bit simplistic here, but I enjoy each game as it comes. This was a great kick-off weekend. Good friends, good food and beer, great performance by my team (away and outdoors no less), poor performances to joke about by a few rivals. I'm fired up for the season, excited about the games I get to see in person.

Do I want to see the type of performance I saw yesterday in the play-offs? Obviously, yes. We all do.

Am I so fixated on it that it's all I can talk about when January is months away? H*ll no.

where do you draw that conclusion from what I post ?

For the Falcons to win Ryab has to play well . He is a important piece to our team

Simple. Your luke warm ryan impression tempered with the fact that you refuse to get behind him until he wins a playoff game. Plus a track record of posts that are far too numerous to track which all have a negative bias about ryan. I don't think my skepticism is unfair or over the top considering your famous mindset regarding our QB do you?

It's quiet simple . I'd rather Ryan play his best game ever in playoffs

wouldn't you ?

Rodgers wasn't great yesterday but you think Packer fans are worried about Rodgers

No they seen him light it up in playoffs

Of course I want to see him play well in the playoffs.

After all the nonsense you've posted here lately about how Ryan can't play well outdoors, doesn't have any arm strength, can't carry a team without a run game, isn't a team leader, after all that ish; when Ryan has a game where he showed you he can do every single thing that you say he can't do. all you can do is minimize his game and complain about the playoffs?

Arthur Blank " .. “He understands this, that to become an “elite'' quarterback in the league, you've got to win playoff ..."

There really shouldn't be any back and forth from any side of Ryan argument until then

You won't see me complain or make a thread about a poor performance by Ryan in regular season

it's just that regular season

Let's see Ryan play like this in post season and give Falcons chance to win playoffs

I think that's what all Falcon fans want

No you will just create threads and complain about playoff losses all during the regular season. No one here needs to hear another word from you about anything. We already know what your going to say before you say it. Broken record agenda troll.

Ryan proves you wrong just switch it up so you can complain about something else. Rinse Repeat.

Your never happy and you will never shut up, your an obsessed mental case