Our Offense-Some Questions That I'm Pondering

Theyhateme : )

First of all, nothing negative here. I was totally impressed, but I'm curious about where our offense is headed based on our ability to pass the ball today. Here's a few intriguing questions I have:

1. Are you okay with the seemingly lack of Turner's inability to hit the hole with authority?

2. Would you be okay with Rodgers starting and how effective would this be?

3. Is this passing game for real?

4. Are we shifting to a pass first offense or did we take what KC gave us on defense?

5. How much of Turner's seemingly inability to run the ball could be attributed to the Oline?

6. Is this more of a pass protecting OLine?

7. How good was Baker?

8. Is this Oline for real?

9. Was the KC defense geared up to stop the run?

10. Does our offensive game plan change based on our opponents defense? If so, could we run the ball if defenses try and stop the pass or or not?

11. With 4 legitimate WRs and decent Oline pass blocking are we always a threat to move the ball via the pass?

First of all, nothing negative here. I was totally impressed, but I'm curious about where our offense is headed based on our ability to pass the ball today. Here's a few intriguing questions I have:

1. Are you okay with the seemingly lack of Turner's inability to hit the hole with authority?

2. Would you be okay with Rodgers starting and how effective would this be?

3. Is this passing game for real?

4. Are we shifting to a pass first offense or did we take what KC gave us on defense?

5. How much of Turner's seemingly inability to run the ball could be attributed to the Oline?

6. Is this more of a pass protecting OLine?

7. How good was Baker?

8. Is this Oline for real?

9. Was the KC defense geared up to stop the run?

10. Does our offensive game plan change based on our opponents defense? If so, could we run the ball if defenses try and stop the pass or or not?

11. With 4 legitimate WRs and decent Oline pass blocking are we always a threat to move the ball via the pass?

Who's the legitimate #4 reciever? blink.png

Can the Falcons win the division without a running game? Yeah, probably.

Can they beat the Niners or the Packers or one of those tough teams from the NFC East in the playoffs?

I don't know. Kind of feel better if the Falcons had at least the threat of a running game.

Yeah...at a minimum, we need the threat of a running game. It may take too many carries for Turner to get going. But I love this pass attack. JJ-100+, Roddy-80+, Gonzo-50+....that's pretty good.

Can they beat the Niners or the Packers or one of those tough teams from the NFC East in the playoffs?

Yes

The Giants were 32nd running the ball last year they had 1472 total yards last year as a team. Turner had 1340.

They beat the Falcons, Packers and Niners on their way to the super bowl. All teams that ran better than they did and with the packers passed better too.

Don't worry the run will come.

Yes

The Giants were 32nd running the ball last year they had 1472 total yards last year as a team. Turner had 1340.

They beat the Falcons, Packers and Niners on their way to the super bowl. All teams that ran better than they did and with the packers passed better too.

The Falcons can't rush the passer like the Giants can in a big game though. Over the course of a season, the Falcons defense might have better stats than the Giants, but those guys are the real deal in the playoffs.

Yes

Based on what I saw today...let the run come second to the pass...LOL...

Yes

I believe they ran well in the playoffs, they did against us.

The Falcons can't rush the passer like the Giants can in a big game though. Over the course of a season, the Falcons defense might have better stats than the Giants, but those guys are the real deal in the playoffs.

That's not your point. You're point was about running the ball. With that said their pass rush didn't looks so great against Dallas nor did their run D for that matter.

Also their D carried them to the SB in 2007 but in 2008 they got knocked out in the first round by the eagles at home as top seed with a top 10 defense and offense. A better team than their SB winning team.

The Cards got to the SB that year with a lousy D and run game but with a world beater QB.

That's not your point. You're point was about running the ball.

But that was my point. Whether or not a different team can win without running the ball is not relevant to whether or not the Falcons can.

I don't think the Falcons defense is going to be good enough to win playoff games without having some semblance of a running game.

But that was my point. Whether or not a different team can win without running the ball is not relevant to whether or not the Falcons can.

I don't think the Falcons defense is going to be good enough to win playoff games without having some semblance of a running game.

Although...I do like the adjustments that the defense made after the half. For a half, they looked like BVGs defense...LOL.

The Chief's defense was not up to the challenge today. But had we not shut it down after the 3rd quarter, we were heading towards video game stats. Easily could have broken 50 points if needed.

Looking around the NFC, that makes me not worry as much. Especially about the Packers. Our defense isn't on the level of San Francisco, but SF's offense can't touch ours. I think we could win a shoot-out against Green Bay. After watching the Saints' defense implode against RGIII, I feel like we could win a track-meet with them too.

Let the defense get a little more consistent in pass defense and I think we're a 1 or 2 seed.

That's not your point. You're point was about running the ball. With that said their pass rush didn't looks so great against Dallas nor did their run D for that matter.

Also their D carried them to the SB in 2007 but in 2008 they got knocked out in the first round by the eagles at home as top seed with a top 10 defense and offense. A better team than their SB winning team.

The Cards got to the SB that year with a lousy D and run game but with a world beater QB.

We don't have a world beater QB though.

That first line doesn't make sense. The Falcons can win without running the ball they did it in games during each of Ryan's seasons. Now that they are a passing effectively they can't win unless they run? Huh?

The 49ers D was good enough to win playoff games last year and they did including one over the best single season offense of all time. Not good enough to squeak out a win against the Giants a team they should have beaten. Same goes for the Pats two weeks later.

You may have missed the D in the second half. They came out hot, forcing turnovers and getting pressure. Sure the pressure got easier once the game was in hand but the ends looked fast and I can't remember the last time Abe looked that good against a playoff caliber team especially in the 3rd qtr. and yes KC is a playoff caliber team.

That first line doesn't make sense. The Falcons can win without running the ball they did it in games during each of Ryan's seasons. Now that they are a passing effectively they can't win unless they run? Huh?

The 49ers D was good enough to win playoff games last year and they did including one over the best single season offense of all time. Not good enough to squeak out a win against the Giants a team they should have beaten. Same goes for the Pats two weeks later.

You may have missed the D in the second half. They came out hot, forcing turnovers and getting pressure. Sure the pressure got easier once the game was in hand but the ends looked fast and I can't remember the last time Abe looked that good against a playoff caliber team especially in the 3rd qtr. and yes KC is a playoff caliber team.

That was a bad offense the Falcons played today. I was very disappointed in what I saw from the defense today, although it was nice to see them play better in the second half.

We need our run game back. . . .balance still wins championships. . . . look at this past NFCCG. . . 49ers and Giants. . . look at the offensive juggernauts Saints and Packers sitting at home watching.

Only three negatives to take away from today:

pass rush

run game

run stopping

We need to stop with this greatest show on turf stuff. . . . . it was the chiefs lol

That was a bad offense the Falcons played today. I was very disappointed in what I saw from the defense today, although it was nice to see them play better in the second half.

Don your flame-retardant suit immediately!

I was happy about our improvements BUT the offense lacked balance. . . . we will NOT succeed if we play on offense all season long like we did today. . . . .mark my words. We need our run game back.