Good Game Falcons And My Saints...well...

SaintRay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the game just went to break on FOX, the announcing crew mentioned an incredible stat. The Saints have four three-and-out drives so far today. Last year, for the entire season, the Saints had 23.

It feels like the timing is just a little bit off, which may ultimately have had something to do with the fact that Drew Brees wasn’t around for the offseason program. Brees has completed 10 of 21 passes; Robert Griffin III has connected on 14 of 17.

Falcons played lights out...congrats.

The Saints looked lost today and seemed to lack discipline to me. I trust that will get turned around quickly.

I don't know about lights out, our defense was abused the entire 1st half. Ryan did look sharp though, he exploited the Jones mismatch.

Hopefully our defense plays like they did in the 2nd half the entire game next week.

The Saints occasionally run into defenses that are calling a good game. Rams and Bucs last year. Cardinals and Browns the year before.

When you couple that with the offensive plan that RG3 and Shanahan executed today the result is usally an L for New Orleans. No excuses. Hats off to the Redskins and their fans.

I don't know about lights out, our defense was abused the entire 1st half. Ryan did look sharp though, he exploited the Jones mismatch.

Hopefully our defense plays like they did in the 2nd half the entire game next week.

I always say the mark of a good coaching staff is halftime adjustments, and it seems like that's what the Falcons did. Great great game by the Falcons..........Darn them!!! lol

The Saints occasionally run into defenses that are calling a good game. Rams and Bucs last year. Cardinals and Browns the year before.

When you couple that with the offensive plan that RG3 and Shanahan executed today the result is usally an L for New Orleans. No excuses. Hats off to the Redskins and their fans.

I wish I could say I'm really mad about this loss, but I'm actually not. RGIII was fun to watch, wish he would have made his debut against another team though.

Congrats to the Falcons for an impressive opening day win as well.

The O was impressive. Its more a 60-40 type of impressive. For what we did right we did almost equally wrong on D. The falcons arent the team who can just shoot out every week like GB. They need to fix the D and find atleast a stable D that can force more than 1 punt a game.

The O was impressive. Its more a 60-40 type of impressive. For what we did right we did almost equally wrong on D. The falcons arent the team who can just shoot out every week like GB. They need to fix the D and find atleast a stable D that can force more than 1 punt a game.

Well, the Chiefs do have some firepower. Also, Nolan is still sorting out his D.

Well, the Chiefs do have some firepower. Also, Nolan is still sorting out his D.

The game was really a matter of what QB would screw up first. We had basically 0 running game. MC just got frustrated and made the mistakes. I think it was 3 possessions in a row he went, fumble int, int.

But the D never forced a punt until 4th Q.

The game was really a matter of what QB would screw up first. We had basically 0 running game. MC just got frustrated and made the mistakes. I think it was 3 possessions in a row he went, fumble int, int.

But the D never forced a punt until 4th Q.

Just threw the ball at Abe's ankle, lol.

What happened to Sproles he didn't seem to get into the action till late?

I am asking this from a fantasy perspective.

Basically, the Skins had him hemmed up pretty good today. They spied him mostly and kept him at bay whenever he tried to leak out for the screen.

Edited by meezy0236

Basically, the Skins had him hemmed up pretty good today. They spied him mostly and kept him at bay whenever he tried to leak out for the screen.

I did notice the skins seemed to do a great job of jumping the saints offense.

They seemed to know where the saints were going when they were.

That is where Payton will be missed the most.... making those slight adjustments in the game plan where teams think one thing based on tape but he puts in the wrinkle in.

If you watched the 2nd half you could see Nolan making an impact, 3 turnovers on 3 straight drives. That's defense for you

I did notice the skins seemed to do a great job of jumping the saints offense.

They seemed to know where the saints were going when they were.

That is where Payton will be missed the most.... making those slight adjustments in the game plan where teams think one thing based on tape but he puts in the wrinkle in.

They took away the saints bread and butter. Their screen passes!

todd-haley-animated-gif.gif

If you watched the 2nd half you could see Nolan making an impact, 3 turnovers on 3 straight drives. That's defense for you

gotta be real here dude.. charles ran out of gas. had he kept rolling, it would have been a shoot out till the end.

All the chiefs were doing was Run charles, Run charles, pass to middle of field for first down. With charles racking up negative yards in the second half, it was obvious there was nothing in the chiefs playbook that cassel was capable of pulling off. He is not a good QB