Can Someone Please Explain To Me What Ray Edward Brings To This Team?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please explain to me What Ray Edward brings to this team? I see zero impact and he's getting man handled on every play. I want to stay positive. Doesn't it make sense to active Sidbury more and let him play, learn and develop.

He brings fried chicken to all the D linemen on Fridays. Smitty is allowed 2 pcs., thus Edwards place in the lineup.

run defense..... I cant lie... I am really really disappointed in him....I thought he would bring a good bullrush (pressure) and around 7 sacks.... Coach Nolan let it be known that he is a 2 down player..... So i see us releasing him as soon as his bonus money is paid... I really wonder how is contract is structured

We will see... With our LT position looking ok and next year is a good pass rushing class.... I see us grabbing a DE.

I will give Edwards his small props... I did see 2 preesures and a missed sack Spoon cleaned up.... Edwards beat the guy and had the sack but he didnt wrap up good and spoon came in and cleaned it up.

He's not that stellar on run defense either. I saw him get taken out of a couple of big Charles runs in the first half today by a tackle and a tight end.

Free agent bust until he shows otherwise.

He stinks like a farting dog mating with a dead skunk.

Can someone please explain to me What Ray Edward brings to this team? I see zero impact and he's getting man handled on every play. I want to stay positive. Doesn't it make sense to active Sidbury more and let him play, learn and develop.

I saw one play today where he blew up his guy but missed the back in the backfield. At least I believe it was him, I didn't rewind it and they didn't replay.

Close your eyes. What do you see? That is exactly what Ray Edwards brings. I will like to give a shot out to KOG, and Slamee01 for sticking with me the whole time about Edwards being a bad pick up. I was bashed relentlessly for my opinion on Edwards. He still has time to prove himself, but I won't be holding my breath.

Edwards in a Falcons uniform = JA98 in a Falcons uniform?

We still should have converted Anderson back to TE and see what we could have gotten. Too bad the Falcons aren't smart enough to do that because TE is his natural position. You don't need a JPP like burst to play the TE position. Give him a fresh start, no pressure, who knows, could have been a solid #2.

Edited by Mr. Right

He's not going anywhere because he's PAID. Dimitroff isn't going to let a man he gave a contract to sit.

I wanna see how his contract is structure..

http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2011/08/falcons-de-ray-edwards-had-offseason.html

Edwards has 29.5 career quarterback sacks, including 16.5 over the two seasons, and was signed to a five-year, $27.5 million contract, with $11 million in guarantees, to be a pass-rushing presence opposite John Abraham.

According to a league source, Edwards' contract with the Falcons breaks down like this:

2011 Signing bonus: $4 million

2012 Option bonus: $3 million

Base Salaries

2011: $2 million (fully guaranteed)

2012: $3 million ($2 million fully guaranteed)

2013: $5.5 million

2014: $5 million

2015: $5 million

Something is telling me after his first 2 years (this is his second year) .... His guaranteed money is similar to Dunta's (guaranteed if he's on the roster on the 3rd or 5th day of the league year)

We still should have converted Anderson back to TE and see what we could have gotten. Too bad the Falcons aren't smart enough to do that because TE is his natural position. You don't need a JPP like burst to play the TE position.

Too bad we couldn't bring Jared Allen in with Ray Edwards. He and the Minnesota line is responible for his inflated numbers.

Too bad we couldn't bring Jared Allen in with Ray Edwards. He and the Minnesota line is responible for his inflated numbers.

Yep, anybody could have saw that especially with the Williams bros in the middle too. We could have just signed Peppers, Johnson, or Williams if we really wanted a pass rusher, not a run stopper on the d-line.

Edited by Mr. Right