Weird...obama Has Huge Surge In The Polls (For Now) According To Gallup.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.washingto.../post012891.htm

Iraq never got those jets back and I'm not sure they got their Pilots back either. It was a very well known event, so you not knowing abt it tells me you were very young at the time and Your google skills sux. 2nd- Weapons of WMDs were found after the Gulf War and inspectors Hans Blix and others were thwarted from going to different sites for years. Again, this is OLD news and You not finding it means you didn't try.

Well, yes, I was pretty young during the Gulf War, but at any rate the way that is written it comes off more like those pilots defected to Iran to avoid certain death and taking advantage of the chaos of the conflict to get away. Pretty similar to to the Libyan pilots who defected and the Syrian pilots who defected. It wouldn't make much sense for Hussein to send them to Iran to protect them since he didn't care about his people at all and he would have known full well the Iranians would have just taken them since the war they just fought against Iraq left them exhausted of military resources.

Well, yes, I was pretty young during the Gulf War, but at any rate the way that is written it comes off more like those pilots defected to Iran to avoid certain death and taking advantage of the chaos of the conflict to get away. Pretty similar to to the Libyan pilots who defected and the Syrian pilots who defected. It wouldn't make much sense for Hussein to send them to Iran to protect them since he didn't care about his people at all and he would have known full well the Iranians would have just taken them since the war they just fought against Iraq left them exhausted of military resources.

Gibbons. The pilots were ORDERED to flee to Iran. There has Never been doubt to that. Iraq thought Iran would join them, temporarily against the Great Satan. It was a better idea then having them shot down, I suppose.

Gibbons. The pilots were ORDERED to flee to Iran. There has Never been doubt to that. Iraq thought Iran would join them, temporarily against the Great Satan. It was a better idea then having them shot down, I suppose.

I don't see how or why Hussein would ever think that. Iran would have benefited the most from Hussein's regime either being deposed or severely weakened. He may have been depraved, but such is simply pure stupidity and such stupidity would have gotten him out of power long before then.

Edited by Psychic Gibbon

I don't see how or why Hussein would ever think that. Iran would have benefited the most from Hussein's regime either being deposed or severely weakened. He may have been depraved, but such is simply pure stupidity and such stupidity would have gotten him out of power long before then.

Gibbons, the man was a homicidal maniac and an extremist in every way. He got to power, controlled Iraq with a Brutal hand. Nobody would suggest the man was real intelligent. His delusional extremes are well known.

Before we forget about the polls, Silver is the guy who gives Rasmussen a 1.9 percent pro Republican house effect. That's what I'm basing my assessment on . .

Now, trying to forget about the polls . . .

. . . . still trying . . . .

. . . mmmmmgggrrrrhhhhh . . . . trying . ......trying . . .

. . . . trying REALLY hard . . . . .

DANG! CAN'T!!!!!! Because you're right! Based on various economic indicators, historically, this race is Romney's to lose. But there is something to be said for the candidate himself/themselves, as a CANDIDATE. Things have been the way they are for the entire election cycle and Romney has NOT MOVED THE NEEDLE! (See, that's why I can't forget about the polls.) He has had chance after chance and he has essentially bungled every one.

Obama does not have much of a lead, but, based on . . . .well, the polls . . . he has enough of a lead to win this thing unless Romney or events change the proverbial game. Romney has proven that he can't. In fact, thus far Romney has proven quite adept at NOT changing the game when game changing events are presented to him.

Does that make sense? I'm trying to say this as a prognosticator, not as a partisan. This isn't about policy, its about the person (and changing demographics, but that's another really long storty.)

And here is another example of this....

Sheesh.....talk about not being able to get out of your own way. If the Republicans could find someone that was remotely likeable, this race would be all but over.

And here is another example of this....

Sheesh.....talk about not being able to get out of your own way. If the Republicans could find someone that was remotely likeable, this race would be all but over.

Thanks for pulling that out, Gritz . . . I was certainly thinking about that post when I was reading about the 47% comment . . .

I want to see the rest of the speech...

Wow... He assume the 47% wont vote for him?! Did I misinterpret that...

Any generic republican wins this... Why did you choose Romney, I have no clue... He is a democrat posing as a republican based on his previous policies...

Romney brought the GOP election. Everyone knew he's a terrible politician. Everyone. If the party had their way, it would be Rick Santorum.

He's right IMO..... BOOM!

Of course he's right. Republicans need to get a freakin backbone and stop crying and spitting the bit everytime Romney slaps these liberals down. Romney needs to step on their very necks, with their own policys, their own failures, their own words and SHOW americans What a leader needs to do to LEAD.

I want to see the rest of the speech...

Wow... He assume the 47% wont vote for him?! Did I misinterpret that...

Any generic republican wins this... Why did you choose Romney, I have no clue... He is a democrat posing as a republican based on his previous policies...

47% won't vote for him NO MATTER WHAT. He is right. Go get the 53%, which is what I have predicted to be his margin, and Romney wins over 300 electorial votes.

So... all the people who pay no taxes are going to vote for Obama? ... if they werent before maybe now they will :/

Lostone. Most of those 47% don't watch the news in the 1st place. Most of the people, NOT all, are in the predicament that they're in because of Bad choices. Seriously, you can lose a job, have a home forclosed on, etc, and then pull yourself Back UP and out of your hole. Most people do have adversity in life. Now, we have govt. energizing those who are lazy and don't want to work. We are making it EASY to sit your fat arse at home with your EBT card and foodstamps, then file a workers comp, disability claim, and Bam, your in the govts trunk.

What amazes me about this video is that Romney didn't think anyone was watching, so it's more likely he was saying things that he truly believes. And still he is spouting factually inaccurate nonsense. Telling lies on the campaign trail is at least understandable...there's a rationale for it. But spouting nonsensical, factually erroneous silliness in private makes me think he might actually believe this drivel. Which makes this a whole different kind of weirdness.

What amazes me about this video is that Romney didn't think anyone was watching, so it's more likely he was saying things that he truly believes. And still he is spouting factually inaccurate nonsense. Telling lies on the campaign trail is at least understandable...there's a rationale for it. But spouting nonsensical, factually erroneous silliness in private makes me think he might actually believe this drivel. Which makes this a whole different kind of weirdness.

Like the Presidents been doing? How abt using the coffins as a prop last week? How abt his administration dropping the ball and NOT securing our embassy's and consulates, allowing our PEOPLE to be butchered and sodomized? How abt the President going on Letterman and hacking it up with Jaz Z while our country is tilting and our people suffering? How abt Obama's deceitful class warfare and his economic malaise? Oh, yea, Romney is to blame or is it the Chinese for propping up their automobile industry? Nah, its George Bush's fault.....

Like the Presidents been doing? How abt using the coffins as a prop last week? How abt his administration dropping the ball and NOT securing our embassy's and consulates, allowing our PEOPLE to be butchered and sodomized? How abt the President going on Letterman and hacking it up with Jaz Z while our country is tilting and our people suffering? How abt Obama's deceitful class warfare and his economic malaise? Oh, yea, Romney is to blame or is it the Chinese for propping up their automobile industry? Nah, its George Bush's fault.....

23902887.jpg

What was factually erroneous?

What was factually erroneous?

There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47% who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ...

"He starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Just because somebody doesn't pay income tax doesn't mean they are "dependent upon government". It doesn't mean they are entitled to health care and food. Lots of people who don't pay income tax don't receive welfare or medicaid. Some of them don't pay income tax because they're retired.

Facts. They matter.

Also: Does Romney's claim that people who pay no income tax are not taking "personal responsibility and care for their lives" mean that he proposes to INCREASE taxes on them?

Just because somebody doesn't pay income tax doesn't mean they are "dependent upon government". It doesn't mean they are entitled to health care and food. Lots of people who don't pay income tax don't receive welfare or medicaid. Some of them don't pay income tax because they're retired.

Facts. They matter.

Also: Does Romney's claim that people who pay no income tax are not taking "personal responsibility and care for their lives" mean that he proposes to INCREASE taxes on them?

If they aren't paying income taxes, then they aren't paying for most of the things that government provides. So I guess you're right, they aren't reliant on the government, they're reliant on those that do pay taxes.