2008 Coin Toss

vel

Been thinking about this today while I was trying to get my password fixed, what if we missed on the coin toss back in 08 and got Dorsey? Have any of thought about that when you complain about this team?

Think about if we got stuck with Glenn Dorsey and Chad Henne. All I have to say is one thing:

189820_o.gif

We've had a great 4 year run so far. The best of the top 5 teams picking that year. I think this will be a great year and I just want everybody to remember what could have been before any complaints kick up.

Ok, I wanted Dorsey. More so because I was against paying an unproven rookie QB 70 M$. The year before it didnt turn out too well with Jamracus Russell and Brady Quinn. I thought Dorsey was a safe pick, May be thats why I am not the GM LOL.

i knew brady quinn was gonna suck, he was a choker at ND, i thought Russell would have been better though.

If we would have taken Dorsey we would've had a high draft pick the next year but still wouldn't have been able to get Stafford cos we wouldn't have been able to lose properly! lol we've come a long way some forget that I'm glad we stuck with what we did

If it would have worked out where we could have gotten Stafford I definitely would have been okay with taking Dorsey, because when that dude stays healthy he can throw the football like few others. However, if we would have taken Dorsey they scenario probably would have included Henne, and even if we had a shot at Stafford we wouldn't have done it anyhow and now we would have nothing.

So in conclusion I am quite happy we landed Ryan and I can't wait for all this "can't win the big one bs" to go away this year :)

Guest Negatorris

If we would have taken Dorsey we would've had a high draft pick the next year but still wouldn't have been able to get Stafford cos we wouldn't have been able to lose properly! lol we've come a long way some forget that I'm glad we stuck with what we did

If we had did that and gotten Stafford there would be more trolls on here than usual. With Stafford here, he wouldn't have a 5k season, and Swift would probably go to town on him everyday because he's injury prone. We would be worse off with Stafford. I like him though.

If we had did that and gotten Stafford there would be more trolls on here than usual. With Stafford here, he wouldn't have a 5k season, and Swift would probably go to town on him everyday because he's injury prone. We would be worse off with Stafford. I like him though.

No way we get Stafford. Lions went 0-16.

Interesting what if. But I think Dorsey was a product of media draft hype. Media has become expert of creating draft tension and hype for ratings. Dorsey was ok, but you don't pass a QB with #3 overall.

Not at all, but if we were picking #5 after losing the toss, we would have no choice but to take Dorsey almost.

Not at all, but if we were picking #5 after losing the toss, we would have no choice but to take Dorsey almost.

I wouldn't say we had NO (other) choice. We could've traded down and really stocked up on some picks that year. Remember that we also had 2 2nd round picks in '08 IIRC. We could've done a lot with that kind of stock pile. Between the '08 & '09 draft, we could've gotten players like: Chris Johnson/Brandon Flowers ('08 draft) or BJ Raji/Brian Orakpo/Brian Cushing/Hakeem Nicks ('09 draft). Of course a lot of that depends on if we picked up extra picks in either draft and made subsequent moves. The point I'm really trying to make here is that maybe we don't go Dorsey at 5 and make other shrewd trading moves and still come out successful.