Davis To 53, Manley Cut

alphaville

http://www.atlantafa...ansactions.html

09/08/2012 Signed WR Drew Davis to the active roster; Waived OG Phillipkeith Manley

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/article-1/Falcons-Move-WR-Davis-to-Active-Roster/7481482a-f1ee-4da3-8b90-4c73c86290ce

The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have signed wide receiver Drew Davisto the active roster and waived offensive lineman Phillipkeith Manleyicon-article-link.gif.

Davis, 6‐1, 205 pounds was signed by the Falcons as a college free agent on July 26, 2011. He spent the 2011 season as a member of the Falcons practice squad. The Denver, CO native caught 42 passes for 470 yards with three touchdowns in 2010 and helped lead Oregon to the BCS National Championship Game.

Manley, 6‐5, 309 pounds, was signed by the Falcons as a college free agent on April 30, 2012.

Edited by alphaville

TD is playing with people's emotions. Manley probably thought he made it on a nfl roster but now he gets cut. I wanted Davis to be on the team in the first place but I feel bad for Manley.

If Toone hadn't been injured and Owens as well, I don't think this would have happened. TD isn't just sitting in his office thinking "you know what would be funny, Smitty?"

Mixed emotions about this move. I hope Manley is placed on the PS. However, Davis did show some signs of becomimg a decent WR when I saw him during preseason. Manley, though, I felt could be one of the building blocks to the OL for the future along with Holmes and Konz. The Falcons should keep this man (Manley) on their PS. Clabo and Blalock will not last forever and for the OL to have continuity you need to keep lineman such as Manely so that continuity continues. Enough said.

This is strictly a special teams move. Davis can be a good gunner, but that's about it... The guy doesn't get separation against 3rd stringers. Manley was doing his thing vs second stringers... Thing is that Manley will be fine on the PS. Can develop into a good LG or RG. The guy was showing out at LG though, and those guys don't grow on trees...

To give FO credit they generally do right by the players. I don't rember any history of them not. They usually are the first team to announce cuts so the players have a better chance of being re-signed. It could be trickel effect of Owens injury not healed so re-sign Franks; so we cut Toone who was slightly injuried as well; so now we may need another WR so Davis was brought in. I hope Manley is signed to PS as he has potential.

Not sure where all this Manley love(pun intended) is coming from. Most people here didnt even know who he was 1 week ago before final cuts. Now he is being talked about as future anchor of the O-line. SMH

pretty sure one of our better linemen currently went undrafted so why not have high hopes. It never hurts to look at the future either.

This is strictly a special teams move. Davis can be a good gunner, but that's about it... The guy doesn't get separation against 3rd stringers.Manley was doing his thing vs second stringers... Thing is that Manley will be fine on the PS. Can develop into a good LG or RG. The guy was showing out at LG though, and those guys don't grow on trees...

Huh? Davis was pretty much the only one getting good separation for his catches outside of the starters