Brian Van Gorder!

pzummo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But the problem is as soon as Frazier takes the snap he's looking to run. He's not giving the play a chance to develop. He's not looking to pass at all. That's the problem. The other problem is our backup QB Clint Moseley who played a lot last year now has a bum shoulder. Those are the only 2 QBs on the roster that have played in a college game before.

Right - he's looking to run if his primary and secondary aren't immediately open because he is accustomed to getting the ball out of his hands quickly, with little thought whatsoever.

He is mentally conditioned for a spread offense and not a pro-style offense. That is the problem.

Again, it takes time to "unlearn" everything you've done your whole life and replace it with something entirely new. I understand it's frustrating to watch, but that kind of shlt takes time.

The Auburn staff and players need to stand strong behind Frazier because he is the best they got until they bring in a stud pro-style QB. Their best bet is to build this kid up as much as they can and hope his phenomenal talent can ultimately be unleashed once he irons out all (or most) of the mental kinks.

Right - he's looking to run if his primary and secondary aren't immediately open because he is accustomed to getting the ball out of his hands quickly, with little thought whatsoever.

He is mentally conditioned for a spread offense and not a pro-style offense. That is the problem.

Again, it takes time to "unlearn" everything you've done your whole life and replace it with something entirely new. I understand it's frustrating to watch, but that kind of shlt takes time.

The Auburn staff and players need to stand strong behind Frazier because he is the best they got until they bring in a stud pro-style QB. Their best bet is to build this kid up as much as they can and hope his phenomenal talent can ultimately be unleashed once he irons out all (or most) of the mental kinks.

But guys have been open and Frazier hasn't given them a chance to get the ball. Frazier takes the snap and without even looking down the field he looks to run.

Frazier looked good against Clemson. As good as I could have hoped. But as Miss State he looked totally lost.

And yes it is frustrating as **** because Auburn isn't suppose to have to deal with this crap. It wouldn't be so frustrating if our D was good but our D can't help the offense out any. It's pitiful to watch and now after seeing ULM beat Arkansas I fear Auburn might lose to ULM.

But guys have been open and Frazier hasn't given them a chance to get the ball. Frazier takes the snap and without even looking down the field he looks to run.

Frazier looked good against Clemson. As good as I could have hoped. But as Miss State he looked totally lost.

And yes it is frustrating as **** because Auburn isn't suppose to have to deal with this crap. It wouldn't be so frustrating if our D was good but our D can't help the offense out any. It's pitiful to watch and now after seeing ULM beat Arkansas I fear Auburn might lose to ULM.

Okay. I'm clearly talking to a wall.

The thing that should be more frustrating than the offense is the defense, in my opinion. Gene Chizik is a defensive-minded coach, yet he has continually put subpar defenses out on the field game-in, game-out and year-in, year-out since he's been there.

To me, that makes no sense. Auburn recruits well enough to have a defense that is amongst the best in the country, but, for some reason, they continually under-perform on that side of the football.

Even when they won the title in 2010 their defense wasn't very good.

Okay. I'm clearly talking to a wall.

The thing that should be more frustrating than the offense is the defense, in my opinion. Gene Chizik is a defensive-minded coach, yet he has continually put subpar defenses out on the field game-in, game-out and year-in, year-out since he's been there.

To me, that makes no sense. Auburn recruits well enough to have a defense that is amongst the best in the country, but, for some reason, they continually under-perform on that side of the football.

Even when they won the title in 2010 their defense wasn't very good.

I understand what you're saying about Frazier. But you're not understand what I'm saying. I'm saying many time Frazier isn't even looking for his primary receiver before he tries to run. He just tries to run as soon as the ball is snapped. That's how he is on most plays. But late in the 4th quarter once he stopped looking to run on every play he actually made some nice plays down the field in the passing game. But it was too little too late.

What makes it worst is Frazier looked pretty good against Clemson and today he looked like total garbage for most of the game.

And I guess you didn't read my last sentence where I said it wouldn't be so frustrating watching the offense play if the D was good. But the D's not good. I am more disappointed with the defense than I am with offense. Even in Auburn's worst years our D was still one of the best in the nation but for some unknown reason ever since Chizik's been there the defense has been total crap. 4 years of crap.

I read what you said, fcukface.

I'm simply saying that, in my opinion, AU's D is more frustrating than their O given 1) the change of offensive system and 2) Frazier's inexperience in the aforementioned system.

The O has an excuse; the D does not.

And with respect to Frazier, yeah, I'm reading what you're saying but what you're saying is not true. I watched Frazier the past two weeks and he doesn't simply "hike and run" everytime like you're implying. He looks at his first and sometimes second read, then will look to tuck and run...like a lot of young, inexperienced QBs.

Young QBs get fidgety and anxious when their initial read isn't there. Jeff Driskel at UF is the same way, as are countless other QBs in the country that have had limited playing time.

And again, part of Frazier's mental woes are due to not only his inexperience starting at the college level, but also his inexperience within a pro-style offense.

It's a double whammy of mind fcuking for Frazier whereas other QBs are usually just struggling with their inexperience.

Edited by BlazerFalcon

I read what you said, fcukface.

I'm simply saying that, in my opinion, AU's D is more frustrating than their O given 1) the change of offensive system and 2) Frazier's inexperience in the aforementioned system.

The O has an excuse; the D does not.

And with respect to Frazier, yeah, I'm reading what you're saying but what you're saying is not true. I watched Frazier the past two weeks and he doesn't simply "hike and run" everytime like you're implying. He looks at his first and sometimes second read, then will look to tuck and run...like a lot of young, inexperienced QBs.

Young QBs get fidgety and anxious when their initial read isn't there. Jeff Driskel at UF is the same way, as are countless other QBs in the country that have had limited playing time.

And again, part of Frazier's mental woes are due to not only his inexperience starting at the college level, but also his inexperience within a pro-style offense.

It's a double whammy of mind fcuking for Frazier whereas other QBs are usually just struggling with their inexperience.

Very mature of you with the name calling.

BVG is a bad coordinator at any level, although I will say that their defense isn't why they won a title a few years back; Cam was the only reason they won the BCS... I keep up with Miss State and that Auburn defense isn't pretty...

Yep. Without Cam in 2010 Auburn loses 5 games at least that year. Defense has been awful the last 4 years under Chizik. It didn't just get worst because VanGorder is there now.