Brian Van Gorder!

pzummo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I do like to see former Falcons players and coaches succeed when they leave, so I am sorry to hear BVG is struggling. I do thank him for our winning seasons, but his time here was over. His passive strategy that allowed backups QBs to almost come from behind in games we had a huge lead in almost made me insane last year. I never claim any football insight, but any DC who allows any QB to get into a rhythm without even trying a blitz has me scratching my head in bewilderment. He did that a few times here to my utter dismay.

This guy at my job swears me up an down that we are gonna miss BVG!!!

If we do, I hope we have time to squeeze off another shot from our rock-salt loaded double-barrel before he gets to cover!

And let me say, as one who has been on the receiving end of a rock-salt load--- it sting a little.

Edited by Big Rob 64

Auburn's defense was terrible before VanGorder got there. Why are people ignoring that little fact just so they can bash VanGorder?

Yeah, can't peg this all on BVG. AU defense is young; offense is young w/ new coord as well- Will be interested to see how they play later in the season. Very tough games near end if season but at least the young players should have better grasp of schemes. This will be a better indicator if coordinators ---BVG---are reaching the players. Given time, AU has recruited well the past 2 years. they will come around. Never easy in SEC though.

Edited by AEFalcon

I'm not a fan of BVGs by any means, but just about any defense is going to start looking porous at some point when your QB goes 13/22 for 125 yards and has three INTs to boot.

AU also went 2/12 on 3rd downs and had 2 lost fumbles in addition to the 3 picks, meaning 5 turnovers in total.

This AU offense is reminding me of the ineptitude of the 2008 Tigers. Different system, yes, but equally poor execution and QB play.

Edited by BlazerFalcon

Screw EX Falcons, let us have our fun, so tired of people dumping on this fan base having any enjoyment out of anything.

It is enjoyable to see BVG defenses get pounded, I like it when Vick get's injured every freakin time he takes a snap, I'm really happy Brooking has not done squat since he left here (he didn't do much while he was here anyway) I'm glad Lofton got injured and I hope when he comes back us and other teams torch him on 3rd downs.

There are so many people here that just wait and try and pounce on anything that might get some enjoyment from us fans. Screw you all, some f you really seem to get bent out of shape and hurt when we as a fanbase are actually happy about something.

Also Matt Ryan is an elite QB, and no amount of arguing here will change his status as our starting QB.

Edited by Corporal Clegg

I'm not a fan of BVGs by any means, but just about any defense is going to start looking porous at some point when your QB goes 13/22 for 125 yards and has three INTs to boot.

AU also went 2/12 on 3rd downs and had 2 lost fumbles in addition to the 3 picks, meaning 5 turnovers in total.

This AU offense is reminding me of the ineptitude of the 2008 Tigers. Different system, yes, but equally poor execution and QB play.

All 5 turnovers committed by our POS QB.

I don't take it so serious. But I was pissed off because Auburn played like total **** and then I come on here to get away from it and I see this ******, unneeded thread and I just went off!

I don't take it so serious. But I was pissed off because Auburn played like total **** and then I come on here to get away from it and I see this ******, unneeded thread and I just went off!

i get that but blowing off steam in a meesage board makes you look silly, just sayn

All 5 turnovers committed by our POS QB.

Frazier is in a tough spot and needs time to develop. He has ran the spread his whole life and came to Auburn because they were running the spread.

Spread QBs don't have near as much to handle from a mental standpoint as QBs who run multiple, pro-style offenses. Spread QBs are used to making 1-2 reads and getting the ball out of their hands in 1-2 seconds.

Now, however, he is being asked to work his way through 2, 3, and sometimes even 4 progressions.

I'm not blaming the coaching staff, but reading defenses - both pre-snap and during a play - is a skill that takes repetition. Mental conditioning.

He is not currently conditioned, from a mental standpoint, to run this type of offense efficiently. It is still obvious when watching him play that he has a ton of talent, but he does not yet have the game down mentally.

Frazier just needs time to develop, meaning he needs a good amount of support and patience from his teammates and coaches. In the meantime, I'd like to see AU run some more hurry-up so that Frazier is playing more and thinking less.

Once he has some confidence, the mental aspect will come easier to him. 6 games from now, we could see an entirely different QB.

Edited by BlazerFalcon

Frazier is in a tough spot and needs time to develop. He has ran the spread his whole life and came to Auburn because they were running the spread.

Spread QBs don't have near as much to handle from a mental standpoint as QBs who run multiple, pro-style offenses. Spread QBs are used to making 1-2 reads and getting the ball out of their hands in 1-2 seconds.

Now, however, he is being asked to work his way through 2, 3, and sometimes even 4 progressions.

I'm not blaming the coaching staff, but reading defenses - both pre-snap and during a play - is a skill that takes repetition. Mental conditioning.

He is not currently conditioned, from a mental standpoint, to run this type of offense efficiently. It is still obvious when watching him play that he has a ton of talent, but he does not yet have the game down mentally.

Frazier just needs time to develop, meaning he needs a good amount of support and patience from his teammates and coaches. In the meantime, I'd like to see AU run some more hurry-up so that Frazier is playing more and thinking less.

Once he has some confidence, the mental aspect will come easier to him. 6 games from now, we could see an entirely different QB.

But the problem is as soon as Frazier takes the snap he's looking to run. He's not giving the play a chance to develop. He's not looking to pass at all. That's the problem. The other problem is our backup QB Clint Moseley who played a lot last year now has a bum shoulder. Those are the only 2 QBs on the roster that have played in a college game before.

If auburn is the cause of malicious unwarranted attacks against my fellow falcon fans then **** auburn. Hope the bvg having bastages never win another game and or scrimmage.

Yeah because I've never been on the receiving end of unwarranted malicious attacks before. And sorry but I don't remember throwing around person insults. Asking people if they forgot how bad Auburn's defense was last year isn't a personal attack.