Brian Van Gorder!

pzummo

You need some Prozac or Zoloft. I get it. You're an Auburn fan and they suck, so you are trying to find something to be encouraged about. That's great you guys are only giving up 28 ppg instead of 36. It was a great hire. He's working wonders for your team. Maybe next year you'll actually win a game against a 4 win team.

The guy's obviously having a bad day (one reason why I try not to post on here the day of a loss). No need to keep poking.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean look , I am just as excited about BVG gone and the Nolan hire as anyone can be. That said , are we going to have one of these threads every time Auburn plays a game?

Thank you. What is the point of this? I come here to talk about the Falcons. Not to see one of these kind of threads every week.

The guy's obviously having a bad day (one reason why I try not to post on here the day of a loss). No need to keep poking.

Thank you.

I'm not trying to ******* take up for VanGorder. But I'm ******* sick of seeing everyone bash Auburn. It's not just on here. It's everywhere. Facebook and Twitter. Since when did Auburn become one of the most hated college football teams in the nation that the whole country feels the need to bash the **** outta them? That's my ******* problem!

WTF? Who the **** was bashing Auburn? I actually went there for one year before transferring and do not have any ill feelings for the school. That doesn't change the fact that I'm excited about Nolan and our defense.

UGA is and always has been my college team, but I don't dislike Auburn. I dislike Ala, LSU, Ark, S. Car, and UF. I don't celebrate when Auburn loses. If you see any of the other 5 teams lose, you know I'm drunk and happy. If the day comes where all 5 lose, I'm going streaking!

Thank you. What is the point of this? I come here to talk about the Falcons. Not to see one of these kind of threads every week.

Thank you.

Understood. Falcons play tomorrow and I am psyched. Watching the Auburn game, I couldn't help but to think about Van Gorder and anticipating seeing our defense tomorrow under Nolan. After tomorrow, I won't have a reason to bring up Auburn because I will have seen our new defense.

Hope your day gets better.

WTF? Who the **** was bashing Auburn? I actually went there for one year before transferring and do not have any ill feelings for the school. That doesn't change the fact that I'm excited about Nolan and our defense.

UGA is and always has been my college team, but I don't dislike Auburn. I dislike Ala, LSU, Ark, S. Car, and UF. I don't celebrate when Auburn loses. If you see any of the other 5 teams lose, you know I'm drunk and happy. If the day comes where all 5 lose, I'm going streaking!

I told you. Everyone. Take a trip over to the college forum. Take a trip to Twitter. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Understood. Falcons play tomorrow and I am psyched. Watching the Auburn game, I couldn't help but to think about Van Gorder and anticipating seeing our defense tomorrow under Nolan. After tomorrow, I won't have a reason to bring up Auburn because I will have seen our new defense.

Hope your day gets better.

And just to be clear I have no personal beef with you.

I see that fans still like to see ex-Falcons fail, even if they've meant a lot to the franchise. BVG was the DC to one of the winningest teams in recent history and DCed the team to the only score in its recent playoff game. It's most likely a symptom of rooting for an unsuccessful franchise. Fans of teams like Patriots or Steelers would just hope for the best for the ex-team member (unless they played against that said team for the week).

Successful teams have a saying: once a 'x' always an 'x'. Falcons fans have a different saying: wished you were never a 'Falcon'.

Edited by Mr. Right

I see that fans still like to see ex-Falcons fail, even if they've meant a lot to the franchise. BVG was the DC to one of the winningest teams in recent history and DCed the team to the only score in its recent playoff game. It's most likely a symptom of rooting for an unsuccessful franchise. Fans of teams like Patriots or Steelers would just hope for the best for the ex-team member (unless they played against that said team for the week).
Maybe you should discuss these deep theories of yours with your fellow Eagle fans.

he had nothing to do with us winning, he failed at what he does, and thats coaching the defense. Our defense was not good. He meant nothing to us as we had to win inspite of his atrocious coaching, he was good in college. But to say that he was any good of an NFL DC is a spit in the face of football fans any and everywhere and is a traversy.

he had nothing to do with us winning, he failed at what he does, and thats coaching the defense. Our defense was not good. He meant nothing to us as we had to win inspite of his atrocious coaching, he was good in college. But to say that he was any good of an NFL DC is a spit in the face of football fans any and everywhere and is a traversy.

Sorry, if your D was terrible, and your offense isn't prolific like the Saints, Patriots, or old Colts, you don't end up with 4 winning seasons. Our coordinators, both Mularkey and BVG, were instrumental to our success.

Hating someone like Petrino is understandable, but wanting to see almost every ex-Falcon fail is just a symptom of rooting for a unsuccessful franchise because fans are afraid that person will succeed elsewhere. If the Falcons are successful, it would not matter if that person fails/succeeds at another place. The desire to see Brooking, Lofton, Mularkey, BVG, etc... to fail stems an insecurity of how the franchise has performed in its history.

Edited by Mr. Right

Sorry, if your D was terrible, and your offense isn't prolific like the Saints, Patriots, or old Colts, you don't end up with 4 winning seasons. Our coordinators, both Mularkey and BVG, were instrumental to our success.

Hating someone like Petrino is understandable, but wanting to see almost every ex-Falcon fail is just a symptom of rooting for a unsuccessful franchise because fans are afraid that person will succeed elsewhere. If the Falcons are successful, it would not matter if that person fails/succeeds at another place. The desire to see Brooking, Lofton, Mularkey, BVG, etc... to fail stems an insecurity of how the franchise has performed in its history.

Um I liked both brooking and lofton, and I go for both,

however you are delusional if you don't think brian van garbage wasn't a bottom 25 DC. We are proof that you don't need a high flying offense to overcome the worst defensive coaching in the history of the sport. We ran turner, we cut games in more than half, that way our defense stays fresh and minimized the time this embarrassment to the sport was on the field. We also had weak schedules which helped, but saying BVG won games for us, you are probably posting this without wearing a shirt.

I mean what has this guy done?

He had a bottom 3 ranking on 3rd down defense? a pass defense that couldn't stop a cold? an overrated run defense because people chose to throw on us?

Edited by osiruz

I liked VanGorder as a position coach... fiery, competative, players liked him, and was quite amusing in his appearance. He's not an NFL caliber play caller though, and it's starting to look like he might be over-matched at college level too

Uh...............Miss. St. 28 - Auburn 10

Another BVG masterpiece.

Next week the Auburn Tigers / War Eagles play the mighty ULM Warhawks............whoever the h.ell THEY are. Maybe BVG's boys will hold 'em to 24 pts.

Who is ULM.................Univ. of Lower Manhattan ??? ................LOL

Who in the **** thinks Brian VanGorder is a good ******* coach whether it be the NFL, college or HS ball? What the **** people? Auburn's defense ******* sucks and has ever since Chizik has been there. VanGorder didn't make it ******* worst!

******* **** **** ******* **** **** ****** ****** *** **** donkey ****!

where is free radical to put up stats on bvg I think he will eventually be fine in college again, but his style of soft prevent defense does not work in the nfl, I dont care if he was hired by the steelers, his defense wouldnt work

Only if he employs change. These are different atheletes nowadays. WRs have to be jammed off the line and on a continual basis.