The End Of An Era

This is about 20 weeks to early. cool.png

These guys all deserve respect from everyone.

I think this thread is a bit premature.

Chipper Jones is taking a great farewell tour. Gonzalez says he thinks

it is his swan song and the other two will have to get told at some point.

The thread is all about respect and it is calling us to an awareness to enjoy

watching them while we have them. I plan to do so.

Abraham 14th season.

Bryant 12th season.

Peterson 15th season

Hope 12th season

Samual 11th season

Gonzo 17th season

Mud Duck 15th season

Turner 10th season

Funny how some of the nay sayers were ranting about the

2nd round draftt pick trade for Gonzo.

With the average NFL career being less than 4 years, we got that

out of Tony, and that is to say the very least.

Anybody that knows the NFL wanted Gonzo to sign with their team.

We are very fortunate indeed.

We need a Lombardi. It is not a matter of want anymore.

It is kind of poetic that our first game is at Arrowhead with this being Gonzo's last. I will enjoy all of these players this year cos careers don't last forever. Especially Gonzo though we gotta get our Lombardi this year it'd be heartbreaking to see a HOFer end a career in defeat with Atlanta.

• 2 months later...

Well just want to revisit this thread:

TonyG - has stated the likelihood he comes back afer this season is a 5% probability. I would say it's more like 1%. Either he will hang it up if we flame out in the second season, or he will ride off in the sunset if we bring home the Lombardi

Mud Duck - has shown some recent fustration related to our short yardage and run game woes. 86% of the message board wanted to run him off years ago. Lasted through four regimes. Still performing at a decent level IMO. PFF has him with a positive overall score. Likely in the sunset of his career

Turner - NFLN says he is questionable for the ARI game with a groin injury. What groin injury? Is this Smitty's way of respectfully benching him in favor of Quizz? If so, hopefully the Oline will block better for Quizz. Whoever totes the rock should be able to make some strides against the ARI defense which is shaky against the run

Anyway, I believe this season is the end of an era for three great Falcons. Thanks for the work and hopefully all of you guys will get a ring in February. Good luck!

FFS1970

Turner - NFLN says he is questionable for the ARI game with a groin injury. What groin injury? Is this Smitty's way of respectfully benching him in favor of Quizz? If so, hopefully the Oline will block better for Quizz. Whoever totes the rock should be able to make some strides against the ARI defense which is shaky against the run

Dayumm, that is the first I heard of that .......

Guest Negatorris

Turner's always listed as LP with a groin. His fat@zz is still going to be toting the rock today.

Unfortunately.

Quizz has had FOURTEEN carries since the BYE. 89 total rushing yards, which equates to a 6.3 average.

Compared to Michael Turner? Burger has had FIFTY-SEVEN carries since the BYE. A WHOPPING THREE AVERAGE YARDS PER CARRY!

Wtf, Smitty and Koetter?

Unfortunately.

Quizz has had FOURTEEN carries since the BYE. 89 total rushing yards, which equates to a 6.3 average.

Compared to Michael Turner? Burger has had FIFTY-SEVEN carries since the BYE. A WHOPPING THREE AVERAGE YARDS PER CARRY!

Wtf, Smitty and Koetter?

Yea, be interesting to see how they use him today

• 3 months later...

Well before we kick off Sunday I just want to say thank you to:

The Burner, Mud Duck and TonyG.

It could be an end to an era for all of them.

Just really want to say thanks to all three of you.

I will never forget your contributions to the Atlanta Football Falcons.

FFS1970.

Good bye my friends. Thank you for your contributions to the Atlanta Football Falcons. I will never forget. Trust me.