Nfl Is Going Downhill.

Creative

Extensive rules for 'player safety'

- Kickoffs from 35

- Any upper body hit draws a flag (think Lofton vs. NO)

- Can't touch QB's

- General pussification of the game

Yet..

- Replacement refs

- No punishment for players who took in part of bounty program

Can't have this going both ways. As I understand, this isn't Goodell's fault, but this is a bad look for the league.

it's all about the $$$

edit: by that I mean, they are taking steps to address player saftey so they can't be as easily sued ... 'look, we are trying todo something about it' then the saints thing ... realize there are players playing now that have killed people, they don't are if you can play.

Edited by Kizu_7

As opposed to:

-the NBA - 3 or 4 Harlem Globetrotter teams and the rest Washington Generals

-MLB - have you noticed that this is being called a pitching era, meaning less offense and Hrs

-NHL - Lowest scoring team in 1985/86 (Detroit, by a wide margin) with 266 would have led the league in 2010-11(despite more games now)

As opposed to:

-MLB - have you noticed that this is being called a pitching era, meaning less offense and Hrs

-NHL - Lowest scoring team in 1985/86 (Detroit, by a wide margin) with 266 would have led the league in 2010-11(despite more games now)

I think he's saying morally going down hill. It's no contest entertainment wise, especially with things like 'old-man' baseball on all the time.

As far as the game being 'pussified' ... I'd like to see those people go out there and take just one hit from Orakpo

Edited by Kizu_7

I think it's great they are attempting to make the game a little safer.. I really don't mind the current kickoff rules.. I can do without the replacement refs though, as they seem a bit.... ********. I don't mind the QB rules either, except when the refs make bad calls over a tiny nudge. The QB usually isn't in a position to protect himself, so a helmet hit or leg hit isn't needed..

It's idiotic to do away with rules that can potentially keep players from getting concussions/injuries.

The NBA is very competitive. Just as much as the NFL. You know the teams in the Super Bowls and Finals. The ones with the elite QB's or very talented ones or an all time like defense. If you don't have one of those then you conference needs to be weak like Seattle. Since the NFC won't be weak for another 10 years, we have no shot.

Edited by The Immortal #1 pick

I can tell you the contenders in the NBA and NFL already:

Houston, Chicago, Green Bay, Baltimore, New England, New Orleans, New York Giants, Dallas, San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh.

OKC type of teams(Basically it's all about the QB development): Carolina, Denver, and Detroit

As it stands, 14 teams 11 contenders, 2 pretenders. The others have an outside shot at the playoffs. With health, luck, and schedule anything is possible for those teams but not likely at all.

Should be in the playoffs but are pretenders: Atlanta and Cincinnati.

The NBA:

Contenders: LAL, OKC, MIA, BOS, SAS.

OKC types(basically all about star development): DEN, UTA, IND, BRK, PHI

Pretenders: ATL, NYK, MEM, LAC, HOU, MIL

As it stands, 16 teams 10 contenders, 6 pretenders. The others have an outside shot at the playoffs.

Edited by The Immortal #1 pick

As opposed to:

I remember being a child and a high scoring MLB game was 3-6. Now 10-15 isnt that big of a deal. WTF?

I think he's saying morally going down hill. It's no contest entertainment wise, especially with things like 'old-man' baseball on all the time.

As far as the game being 'pussified' ... I'd like to see those people go out there and take just one hit from Orakpo

Orakpo ain't jack.

Nitzche..Butkus...Ham and Lambert..Nobis...Scott Case..

And that was when there was no other safety equipment except for a helmet and shoulder pads...and those were nothing like the ones now.

Orakpo ain't jack.

Nitzche..Butkus...Ham and Lambert..Nobis...Scott Case..

And that was when there was no other safety equipment except for a helmet and shoulder pads...and those were nothing like the ones now.

I would love to see Brees hit just once by Nobis........ya'll think he cries to the refs now if TN hit his just once he would have happy feet forever after

sam

Real Football is played by large men in helmets and pads and not by a bunch of little boys who get tripped and fall to the ground crying like a bunch of girls who just started their monthly cycle.

So go home and take you're midol and STFU.

I wonder how many large men suing the NFL today wish they picked up "fake football" instead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUW8wYA49tI

the problem is that there is a clash between extreme sides, who both come off like morons

on one side, you have the new age patsies, who act like its so dangerous and we have to minimize hitting...NO..just put your head in the right spot...1 bad head placement does more damage than 100 hard hits with good head placement, a fact even my high school ASSISTANT coaches could figure out

then, you have fools like James Harrison who act like they need to spear helmets over the middle to play well, you don't..THAT should be a penalty, but they take it too far

The league can survive with all aspects of the game, we've got the old school, the greatest show on turf..and then somewhere in between, such as short passes used as a running game, which is good for smaller skill players

its not complete patsy crap, since there is still contact..but alot of the time the hits they take are taken at an angle, where they can yards as they fall forward and still take on contact...but it won't be as much as a blow as running up the middle, or an over the middle hit..One thing I don't understand is why players think they have to try and outhit a player who they know they never will out hit, especially out in space...just try and make him fall sideways..you can lower his forward yardage after contact by taking him down sideways with you

if you possibly can outhit him you can try if you stay disciplined for sure, but if there isn't a real chance you well, trying only can accomplish you not controlling the tackle, and hurting yourself