Espn Madden Sim Has Chiefs Beating Us In 4Th Qtr Comeback---Don't See It Happening

Kansas City 24, atl.gif Atlanta 21

Chiefs use late rally to knock off Falcons

EA Sports

BOX SCORE

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final

Atlanta 7 7 7 0 21

KansasCity 7 0 3 14 24

Player of the Game: Javier Arenas

Plenty of pundits are picking the Chiefs as their surprise choice to win the AFC West, and they don't disappoint in Week 1, scoring 14 fourth quarter points to beat the Falcons, 24-21. The Falcons led 21-10 heading into the final quarter of play, but then the Chiefs finally woke up thanks to a 59-yard punt return for a touchdown by Javier Arenas, followed by a 22-yard score by Jamaal Charles to seal the deal. Michael Turner ran for 145 yards, including a 64-yard touchdown in the loss.

GAME LEADERS

Passing TEAM C/ATT YDS TD INT M.

Ryan ATL 15/24 235 2 0 M.

Cassel KC 10/24 172 1 1

Rushing TEAM CAR YDS TD LG M.

Turner ATL 21 145 1 65 J.

Charles KC 15 61 1 26

Receiving TEAM CAT YDS TD LG J.

Jones ATL 8 86 1 24 D.

Bowe KC 7 118 1 66

I stopped reading at "Michael Turner ran for a 64 yard touchdown" He'd need a breathing machine after 45

Was he on a breathing machine with the 81 yarder last year? Considering there are only two RB's who had a carry that was at least 81 yards its hilarious how fat slow Michael Turner is one of them.

Honestly, I think that we have a good chance to win with a few members of the Chiefs' defense gone (Brandon Carr, Tamba Hali) and with some of their members hurt and coming off from injury. Not to mention the fact that the Chiefs' passing attack has its fair share of stumbles, but I will say that their running game scares me.

I think that this whole game (for us) will ultimately come down to whether Mike Nolan's defense will hold up better than it did in preseason and whether or not Turner is able be the wrecking ball runner that we know him to be.

I don't know why ESPN has started doing this (I know its not new). Does anybody really think that this holds any weight? You might as well flip a coin and tell me who is going to win.

Agreed! They are all just trying to fill air time. I think I've seen all their picks on every division winner. Playoff and wild card teams, who will advance and who will play in the superbowl and win it. Before Sunday kickoff, some moron will probably pick Pro Bowl starters and alternates. Enough! Let the games begin!

Guest Negatorris

Was he on a breathing machine with the 81 yarder last year? Considering there are only two RB's who had a carry that was at least 81 yards its hilarious how fat slow Michael Turner is one of them.

It was against the Bucs who had given up long before that game. Smitty would have rushed for 150 on em that day, lol.

It was against the Bucs who had given up long before that game. Smitty would have rushed for 150 on em that day, lol.

Did the bucs " who had given up long before that game " give up a 81 yard TD to Williams or Stewart the week before? How bout Felix Jones' 38 long against the Bucs two weeks prior to that? I guess the Bucs cared 2 and 3 weeks before the season ended and just didn't care at all against Turner right?

Guest Negatorris

Did the bucs " who had given up long before that game " give up a 81 yard TD to Williams or Stewart the week before? How bout Felix Jones' 38 long against the Bucs two weeks prior to that? I guess the Bucs cared 2 and 3 weeks before the season ended and just didn't care at all against Turner right?

Exactly.

Now if Turner would have done that against the Texans a few weeks before, then it would have been impressive.

I was at that game. The Buccaneers defense really was not trying at all. I could've chased Turner down from behind on that long run he had, and I have a bum knee.

I'm not saying that Turner can't break long runs -- he had a LOT of runs last year of 20+ -- but if he tears off a 60+ run on you, something has gone horribly wrong with your secondary.

Edited by virginiafalcon

Exactly.

Now if Turner would have done that against the Texans a few weeks before, then it would have been impressive.

Right because the Texans allowed 16 different teams to have an 81 yard TD run on them. I forgot how pourus their defense was. My apologies.rolleyes.gif

I was at that game. The Buccaneers defense really was not trying at all. I could've chased Turner down from behind on that long run he had, and I have a bum knee.

You couldn't chase down Turner if he had a 1 yard head start.

I don't know why ESPN has started doing this (I know its not new). Does anybody really think that this holds any weight? You might as well flip a coin and tell me who is going to win.

Just another grandiose, yet meaningless Shiny Hood Ornament to tittilate the unwashed masses. Worthless as a method to determine the outcome of the game.