Alabama Recruit Deon Johnson Arrested

Nick Flair

Not that it makes it better but it will be statutory -- underage girl. Kid just flushed his future away.

Crimson, is the situation one in which the two people involved were in a relationship and if so does anyone know how old the female was at the time of the incident? I'm really hoping that this is not another incidence of over zealous parents and hyper aggressive local DA's killing a kids future over doing something the female actively wanted to participate in as well.

Wasn't there a situation like this in Georgia several years ago in which they put the male football player in prison for several years over a consensual relationship?

Crimson, is the situation one in which the two people involved were in a relationship and if so does anyone know how old the female was at the time of the incident? I'm really hoping that this is not another incidence of over zealous parents and hyper aggressive local DA's killing a kids future over doing something the female actively wanted to participate in as well.

Wasn't there a situation like this in Georgia several years ago in which they put the male football player in prison for several years over a consensual relationship?

She's underage. The law is pretty clear that's a crime. The one that hurt his future was the boy himself if this is true. I'm shocked you wrote that; as crazy as the news gets I still believe most adults are conscious of statutory rape.

Reports from Spanish Fort indicate the girl is 15, which is one year below the age of majority in Alabama. They had apparently had been in a relationship since last December. The girl's parents filed the charges.

It is a crime and I don't want this kid at Alabama -- but, there is a HUGE difference between raping someone and being involved in a consensual relationship with a girl one year below the age of majority. By its definition, you can be assured that statutory rape goes on at most every high school in America on a weekly basis.