Peter King's Week 1 Picks

Falconsfan567

1 p.m. ET (FOX) Atlanta Falcons (0-0) at Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)

Game of the Weekend, in terms of explosive plays and great end-to-end action. Tamba Hali picked a bad week to be suspended (the ace Chief pass rusher is gone for one game for violating the league's substance-abuse policy), because this will be the coming-out party for the deep-throwing Atlanta offense. Watch for offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, in his maiden voyage aboard the Ryan Express, to challenge the Chiefs deep four or five times, minimum.

Falcons - 33

Chiefs - 26

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz25kQS612h

i am also very scared our run d isnt as good as it shouuld be but only time will tell...

We've shown to be very agressive on defense putting 8-9 men in the box. All it takes is for 3 different times we run past Jamal Charles and not tackle him for them to have 21 points. I hope we're not over agressive.

If they score 26, we may be in for a long season. Going to be a tough game though, interested to see our run d. We didn't look great in the preseason, and I think the Chiefs will try to establish the run with 2 good backs.

I don't know what Atlanta falcons defense you were watching this preseason but our starting defense looked pretty good this preseason and that was with a pretty vanilla game plan. I Urge u to Go back and check the tapes with just the first team and not the backups.

I don't know what Atlanta falcons defense you were watching this preseason but our starting defense looked pretty good this preseason and that was with a pretty vanilla game plan. I Urge u to Go back and check the tapes with just the first team and not the backups.

I think minor concerns are warranted in regards to the run defense without Peters and with Dent settling in. Lofton was a big big part of our run defense last year and Dent won't immediately alleviate that loss but in time I suspect he will.

Matt Cassell scoring 26 on us would be a problem, but a win is a win.

I think thats about what we will score.

Dont sleep on Hillis and Charles.

They were two of the best backs in the league in 2010.

Almost 4000 combined yards between the two of them that year...and this will easily be the best line either has run behind.

We also have some weapons in the passing game that should keep your defense honest all game.

I think 26 is about what we should score.

Guest Negatorris

Almost 4000 combined yards between the two of them that year...and this will easily be the best line either has run behind.

We also have some weapons in the passing game that should keep your defense honest all game.

I respect Hillis and Charles, but a running team just isn't going to score 26 points on the Falcons, even without Lofton. We still have strong run stoppers, and I honestly expect our offense to score fast, early so they will force the Chiefs will need to pass it. Matt Cassel just can't get the job done. If the Chiefs were to beat us by running the ball, they would need a strong defense to win, and not get behind early, and unfortunately for your team the defense seems to be quite banged up. 26 points will not happen, and if it does that will be a disappointment.

hey how many yards last year. I cant remember what happened. also in 2010 we gave up 28 yards to hillis on the ground...

Edited by ryanATL1988

hey how many yards last year. I cant remember what happened.

Combined for 670 yards. However, they were both not playing much. Charles had a torn ACL and only played in 2 games. He only amassed 83 yards. Hillis had a contract hamstring issue all year and only ran for 587 yards in 10 games.

I hear a lot of people picking the Chiefs to win. I don't get it. Cassel is shady, and I just don't see how we could lose this game. Especially with the way we've looked during the preseason.

A lot of people on here thought the same thing last year opening in Chicago and prior to that against a Roethlisberger-less Steelers team.

For me, I hold off any real take on who and what this team is until they play about 3 regular season games.

If they score 26, we may be in for a long season. Going to be a tough game though, interested to see our run d. We didn't look great in the preseason, and I think the Chiefs will try to establish the run with 2 good backs.

Their running game will be a big test for us. If we don't answer the bell on that, this game falls squarely on Ryan's shoulders on the road. I have faith, which is why I put money on they azzes. No disrespect to the Chiefs, and I give credit where it is due with their fans and it being a tough road test, but I simply see us as being the better team. With one of their starting corners out, I expect either Roddy or Julio to have a huge game. My suspicion is they will give some safety help to the backup CB which basically guarantees either Roddy or Julio will see a lot of 1 on 1 coverage.