John Abraham Needs Help From The Replacement Refs...........will He Get It ?

Bring It

During the preseason we've seen the replacement refs ACTUALLY call Holding at the line of scrimage when it exists, which is most of the time.

Ever since John Abraham came into the league he has become one of the most HELD DE's in the NFL.....................the bulk of which have gone un-called. In many games it got to be almost epidemic. A complete joke !! Except Falcon fans weren't laughing.

Let's hope these replacement refs continue throwing the flag when it's legit and let Abe do his thing...................causing bedlam in the backfield.

Well the ref's have blown the whistle on us a ton already this preseason. I do hope that Abraham gets those calls because its down right ridiculous how many obvious holds that never get called with him.

Maybe he's so "cool" that he doesn't really make much issue of it with the Ref's or get demonstrativley angry when it happens.

I think he will get calls. These replacement refs can be described as several things, but I don't believe biased is one of them.

When they miss calls, it goes both ways. I have noticed them being concerned with the QB even more. After the QB releases the ball and you are close, its too late. Yellow laundry everywhere.

I dunno.

They were saying earlier on NFL Live or one of those shows that the refs didn't call many holding calls last night in the Dallas-Giants game.

But they were even handed in the non-calls.

BUT they also said that those were the best of the replacement refs, so who know who we will get.

I dunno.

They were saying earlier on NFL Live or one of those shows that the refs didn't call many holding calls last night in the Dallas-Giants game.

But they were even handed in the non-calls.

BUT they also said that those were the best of the replacement refs, so who know who we will get.

According to something I read the league is woefully short of "high quality" referees with the high-level experience to be adequate as replacements for the regular refs, so games that will only be seen regionally will get the sub-par ref crews. I'm pretty sure that would include our game. But in fairness, I've not seen any extraordinarily terrible officiating from the scrubs. No more so than the incredibly lame and just plain biased calls I've seen made by the regular refs on a weekly basis. Hopefully they won't do something monumentally stupid that costs the Falcons the game.

Edited by PokerSteve

True but we still come out on the PLUS side if they call every hold placed upon Abraham.

I'd say a negative because Cassel isn't that good. Our defense won't have too much trouble stopping him regardless of getting some good calls or not. Ryan needs all the help he can get.

Edited by Mr. Right

no the saints get a free pass.. the NFL has spoken... they are allowed to hold, hit kick and chew.. and its all good...

Ever since Katrina the Aint's have played to a completely separate set of rules with officials playing their part of the poor bereaved family.

Beyond pathetic.

Edited by Bring It