Bucs To Be Blacked Out For 14 Out Of The Last 16 Games

Trouble

101213_money_stacks_reuters_328.jpg

To me, it seems like if a team isn't interesting enough to go to the games, the NFL would try to give them some more publicity to draw in more customers. What better way than to show the games on tv? It's almost a 100 percent likelihood that someone is not all of the sudden to become a bucs fan if they have no way of seeing them in action.

If someone becomes a casual fan, they are going to spend alot of money in the long run. Punishing the current fans by telling them if they dont go to the games, then they arent allowed to watch football seems dangerous.

If I were to go into a store, and they said.. Hey buy our store brand stuff, or else you cant buy anything at all..I'd tell them to kiss an ***

To me, it seems like if a team isn't interesting enough to go to the games, the NFL would try to give them some more publicity to draw in more customers. What better way than to show the games on tv? It's almost a 100 percent likelihood that someone is not all of the sudden to become a bucs fan if they have no way of seeing them in action.

If someone becomes a casual fan, they are going to spend alot of money in the long run. Punishing the current fans by telling them if they dont go to the games, then they arent allowed to watch football seems dangerous.

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember when the black-out rule first started. In those days a team's main revenue PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL was their ticket and concessions sales.

What they were getting in TV revenue is nothing compared to what they're raking in now. I know, I know the cost of running a team has also become extremely expensive, but their margin is obscene. They could certainly afford to lower the sell-out to 50% and still be profitable, but that's the thing not too many businessmen are happy with making less money.

At some point, I would imagine a pay-per-view system that would allow you to watch a blacked-out local game. With the new home theater systems, some people would rather watch at home.