Why Do We Need A 5Wr Set?

All Day

ke

Having 5 WRs doesn't mean you'll run 5 WR sets. Your starters need to take breathers. Also, if someone is hurt then you will have only three. There's also ST play for which you usually have WRs involved.

I agree, I think we could add another WR as early as next week. Someone always gets hurt and you need backups. Maybe there is a vet they are considering and want to make sure he is not guaranteed money for the season by signing him after Sunday.

Please can we at least keep Turner off the field in 5 Wide looks? I'm tired of seeing him run that same flat route to the sideline, essentially taking himself out the play and running a 4 WR route play with no back to chip.

Maybe Koetter can teach him a couple of routes. Love to see a 4 wide with Turner in the backfield, and at the last second, switch to a 5 wide. Also like to see the reverse- have them open in a 5 wide, then collapse it into a standard set.

didn't Quiz catch a TD last year split out wide? Never the less just bc you carry 5 WRs doesnt mean you run 5 WR sets, gotta have back ups and you can always split your TEs or RBs out wide.

Actually that play that Jacquizz caught the TD on was a play, where he was lined up in the backfield and while the offense faked a run to one side of the field, Jacquizz busted out the back door and got up the sideline before the MLB knew what was happening and Matt hit Rodgers with a beautiful over the shoulder throw, just in time before the safety could get over the top and make a play on the ball.

MLB is responsible for RB. if they are in man coverage he has to follow RB to side line vacating the middle of the field. leaving the Seam for the inside receiver and TE. If its zone it will probabl be quarters or cover 3 which leaves that under route open.

You'd like to think that. But at some point, common sense kicks in. I am a fan that sits on the couch and saw every single time Turner ran a route in 5 Wide sets was a flat route to the sideline, you can bet the NFL saw it. Why would I send anybody to guard him? He never got thrown the ball running that route. Seriously, 0 times. I'm not even exaggerating. Also, if we ever ran a seam with Tony or HD, I never saw it. The only time we resembled one was the Saints game where HD went off. But of course, we never saw it again.

You'd like to think that. But at some point, common sense kicks in. I am a fan that sits on the couch and saw every single time Turner ran a route in 5 Wide sets was a flat route to the sideline, you can bet the NFL saw it. Why would I send anybody to guard him? He never got thrown the ball running that route. Seriously, 0 times. I'm not even exaggerating. Also, if we ever ran a seam with Tony or HD, I never saw it. The only time we resembled one was the Saints game where HD went off. But of course, we never saw it again.

Fkng Mularkey ..........angry.png

Gonzo and Jaquizz would fill in as the 4th and 5th options. So no.

Why Tony G? Seriously. I like Tony, but he isn't much of a threat in space anymore. I'd put Cone in. Tony doesn't stress a defense like he used to. Tony is only included because of who he is, not what he's capable of. Let's just keep it real. I'm not saying completely remove him from the set, but utilizing a more speedy WR in his place every now and then is just like suggesting using Quizz in place of Turner.

Why Tony G? Seriously. I like Tony, but he isn't much of a threat in space anymore. I'd put Cone in. Tony doesn't stress a defense like he used to. Tony is only included because of who he is, not what he's capable of. Let's just keep it real. I'm not saying completely remove him from the set, but utilizing a more speedy WR in his place every now and then is just like suggesting using Quizz in place of Turner.

Gonzo was never about speed like many TE's. I know people don't place much importance on route running but he gets open quite a lot. Watch him specifically next time. He makes quite a few vets look stupid. As a big guy he can also make the tough catches in the middle. There's a ton of 4.3 WR's who can not get separation. He has the most dependable hands on the team and was a popular target in the red zone. What's the point in having a couple of b or c level WR's who don't possess the speed or the ability to get open? The RB and TE at least open up the delayed route/dump off pass that truly is the secret behind teams like the Saints.