What I Think The Saints Are The Front Runners To Win It All

Aquietguy

Many would say not because of all the bounty gate nonsense that we faced this off season. I call it bull gate. But then that's me. I just don't see much affect at all if any. But here are my reasons:

1) Much improved d-line play.

No doubt about it they are much better than what we have seen under Payton. Maybe even ever. If can continue this, woe to opposing QB's

2) Over all improved D.

Mostly at LB. even though we had all the injuries, our LB corp is better. Also been impressed by the play of Patrict Roberson. He is young and still have things to learn but coverage skills are much better. He made some great plays cover Jonhson vs the Texan's. I really love his break on the ball.

3) Physical toughness.

Since Payton, the Saints have gotten tougher every year. That looks to continue. Clearly we were not tough in 06 as evident by the NFCCG that year. A good example of this is our 06 and 2010 games vs the Ravens. In 06 we were no match for them. In 2010 we when toe to toe with them although they had a slight edge.

4) Bounty Gate.

All the experts seem to think the penities handed down will have more impact than reality. The truth is that it will be very minimal. If anything it will have more positive impact than negative. We have already taken an us against the world mentality. All bounty gate did was to strengthen the bond of strong team.

Many would say not because of all the bounty gate nonsense that we faced this off season. I call it bull gate. But then that's me. I just don't see much affect at all if any. But here are my reasons:

No doubt about it they are much better than what we have seen under Payton. Maybe even ever. If can continue this, woe to opposing QB's

2) Over all improved D.

Mostly at LB. even though we had all the injuries, our LB corp is better. Also been impressed by the play of Patrict Roberson. He is young and still have things to learn but coverage skills are much better. He made some great plays cover Jonhson vs the Texan's. I really love his break on the ball.

3) Physical toughness.

Since Payton, the Saints have gotten tougher every year. That looks to continue. Clearly we were not tough in 06 as evident by the NFCCG that year. A good example of this is our 06 and 2010 games vs the Ravens. In 06 we were no match for them. In 2010 we when toe to toe with them although they had a slight edge.

4) Bounty Gate.

All the experts seem to think the penities handed down will have more impact than reality. The truth is that it will be very minimal. If anything it will have more positive impact than negative. We have already taken an us against the world mentality. All bounty gate did was to strengthen the bond of strong team.

Get ready for the hate fest for this thread my friend!

2) Over all improved D.

3) Physical toughness.

4) Bounty Gate.

errr bountygate is a positive? against the world mentality?

This is real life fella, not a Rocky flick.

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Edited by SuperSK

anybody in team athletics can tell you that any motivation that adds to chemistry and single mindedness of purpose can be a factor. In the NFL, any small thing that can give just a little extra effort can mean the difference between winning and losing

don't discount it

Saints are a very good team but I don't think they are the favorites...

Don't know who is tbh we haven't finished week 1 no one has gotten away from the pack yet.

Again, this is my opinion. But if our D is anywhere near top 10(and the potential is there) who can hang with us?

after week 3 lets revisit this

I'd wait until around week 7 or 8.. The Bucs had me thinking they were a shoe in to do something special last season, after they beat the Falcons and Saints. They proved me wrong and made me look like an azz all at the same time.

Edited by pox 08

I'd wait until around week 7 or 8.. The Bucs had me thinking they were a shoe in to do something special last season, after they beat the Falcons and Saints. They proved me wrong and made me look like an azz all at the same time.

i agree. week 4ISH you can see a trend starting. Week 7 or 8, you know where that trend went

The way I like to explain it is, the Saints with the "most prolific O of all time" just needs to keep opposing team's "pedestrian Os" from looking like the Saints O. A little more D and the Saints will blow out every opponent they meet. Looks like we may have that luxury now, so I feel what you're saying quietguy.

If New Orleans can get home field in playoffs I'd say yeah they're a sure bet to win the SB they're practically un-beatable at home. I look at it like this it's their division to lose so whoever built, and prepared themselves this offseason to beat New Orleans is going to win the division if it's not them.

2) Over all improved D.

3) Physical toughness.

4) Bounty Gate.

You can feel that way Aqg, but we don't have to buy it. Truth is no one really knows how the saints are going to react to what happened to them in the off season and how that will translate to the field in the regular season...

todd-haley-animated-gif.gif