Olgetree Is An Example Of What Harry Needs To Do.

J-RoC770

3rd WR single coverage beating his man all day, I like Harry but he's inconsistent, I sometimes question his toughness for tough grabs while there's defenders around him. But for the upside his speed and quickness is good, he just needs to stay consistent while Julio, Roddy, Gonzo draw the attention.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem lies more in the offensive line giving Ryan the time to get to Harry as a third read. Did you watch any games when he was the #2 when Julio was out? He was ballin.

Plus we need a coordinator who isn't afraid the call the 3rd receiver as the 1st read on a consistent basis. It's all about Ryan's reads and under Mularkey Harry was just never the primary read.

I think the problem lies more in the offensive line giving Ryan the time to get to Harry as a third read. Did you watch any games when he was the #2 when Julio was out? He was ballin.

Plus we need a coordinator who isn't afraid the call the 3rd receiver as the 1st read on a consistent basis. It's all about Ryan's reads and under Mularkey Harry was just never the primary read.

But at the same time, did you watch the Cowboys line tonight? It was awful and they still made big passing plays. It's scheme, it's QB, it's receiver as well. Ryan has the ability, I think HD has the talent, I hope we found the right scheme.

But at the same time, did you watch the Cowboys line tonight? It was awful and they still made big passing plays. It's scheme, it's QB, it's receiver as well. Ryan has the ability, I think HD has the talent, I hope we found the right scheme.

Romo was avoiding pressure all night with his scrambling ability. Ryan isnt anywhere near Romo in that area.

Harry has been beating his man for years, all he needs is the ball thrown his way. and like the_sheff said Romo was avoiding pressure by scrambling. I love how Dallas let their young line take it's lumps early against one of the best lines in the league. those guys are huge and athletic and it's gonna pay off big as the season goes on. once they get acclimated to the fast pace of the game Romo will slinging the ball all over the place

Matt Ryan will often fire the ball too soon/check down to progress to his 3/4 wr, even

when the O-line picks up the blocking. Has nothing to do with scheme...QB play.

The very reason we are said to be switching to 4 verts...maximize Matt Ryan's ability

to throw quickly. No skills to bye time and can be hurried (phantom rush),

inconsistent ability to look off defenders. 1-2-3 chuck

Harry has been beating his man for years, all he needs is the ball thrown his way. and like the_sheff said Romo was avoiding pressure by scrambling. I love how Dallas let their young line take it's lumps early against one of the best lines in the league. those guys are huge and athletic and it's gonna pay off big as the season goes on. once they get acclimated to the fast pace of the game Romo will slinging the ball all over the place
What do you mean they let them take their lumps? They didnt have a choice.

Mularkey's offense didn't call for that many screenplays nor slant plays for that matter, especially for Harry. So yeah, let's hope we found the right scheme finally.

Romo was avoiding pressure all night with his scrambling ability. Ryan isnt anywhere near Romo in that area.

Yup. Romo was extending plays with his legs. Ryan simply isn't as athletic as Romo. Ryan would have gotten sacked a bunch of times. To think the Cowboys had a pretty much threw an OL together.

The OLine played great. Romo wasn't AVOIDING pressure all night. Yes he made 2-3 plays where he rolled out and made a throw he also threw some bad balls with phantom pressure. The first half cowboys oline was getting whipped Romo got sacked twice and threw an Int. and looked like garbage.

It wasnt until the 2 minute drive before halftime that the cowboys looked like they had a chance. The Cowboys changed to an up tempo passing game in the 2nd half and exploited NYG slot defense. That's more about scheme then QB play.

Ogletree been in the league about 4-5 years and scored his first career TD last night. Austin was covered and Dez never showed up. Giants had not game planned for Olgetree he's like 4-5 on the depth chart. Romo wanted him as 3rd option for this game.

Love this stuff, numbers do not show everything, but they do not lie either...

Romo 2011 stat's =

Gp - 16      Rush Att - 22   Yds - 46   sacks - 36

Ryans 2011 stat's =

Gp - 16      Rush Att - 37   Yds - 84 sacks - 26

Hmm...seems all the people ranting on Ryan's athletic ability is missing something....dry.png

Well, I must be missing something, too, because I've never heard anyone on here rant about Ryan's athletic ability EVER.Ryan's ability should no way nor should it ever be compared to Romo's. They are two different QBs.

The OLine played great. Romo wasn't AVOIDING pressure all night. Yes he made 2-3 plays where he rolled out and made a throw he also threw some bad balls with phantom pressure. The first half cowboys oline was getting whipped Romo got sacked twice and threw an Int. and looked like garbage.

It wasnt until the 2 minute drive before halftime that the cowboys looked like they had a chance. The Cowboys changed to an up tempo passing game in the 2nd half and exploited NYG slot defense. That's more about scheme then QB play.

Ogletree been in the league about 4-5 years and scored his first career TD last night. Austin was covered and Dez never showed up. Giants had not game planned for Olgetree he's like 4-5 on the depth chart. Romo wanted him as 3rd option for this game.

You are straight hating man lol. After throwing that awful pick to Boley, Romo played as well as a QB can play.

Love this stuff, numbers do not show everything, but they do not lie either...

Romo 2011 stat's =

Gp - 16 Rush Att - 22 Yds - 46 sacks - 36

Ryans 2011 stat's =

Gp - 16 Rush Att - 37 Yds - 84 sacks - 26

Hmm...seems all the people ranting on Ryan's athletic ability is missing something....dry.png

Ryan gets rid of the ball as soon as someone comes free. If he even sniffs a sack he gets happy feet and either checks down or throws it away. QBs like Romo and Big Ben dont do that. They hold onto the ball longer because they have the ability to move and avoid the sack, giving their receivers more time to get open. Because they try to make every play, they end up taking sacks they shouldnt have but they also make big plays Ryan never would.

Thats something you have to watch the game to know. You dont pick that up with stats.

Edited by the_sheff

Every football game all the time doesn't have to be about Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan wasn't playing last night. Can't it be possible to simply appreciate a great performance by another team's QB and not have to try and compare that QB to Matt Ryan every time a QB plays well?

You are straight hating man lol. After throwing that awful pick to Boley, Romo played as well as a QB can play.

Not hating, but you just made my point. When was the int thrown, what happened after he threw the Int.

NYG got the ball on the 2 and couldn't score. Next drive cowboys went up tempo and score before halftime. The line looked good. Romo made a roll out pass and a Fran Tarkinton impression which was a GOOD play by Romo.

The 8 yard run he had was a breakdown of a play. It was a quick slant but Witten threw a block so Romo stumbled 6 yards and slid face first 2 more yards. There are no other plays where Romo made plays with his legs, or extends the play.

Every football game all the time doesn't have to be about Matt Ryan.  Matt Ryan wasn't playing last night.  Can't it be possible to simply appreciate a great performance by another team's QB and not have to try and compare that QB to Matt Ryan every time a QB plays well?

Peyton, you do know you're talking to a bunch of brick walls when it comes to people with obvious agendas, right?

Not hating, but you just made my point. When was the int thrown, what happened after he threw the Int.

NYG got the ball on the 2 and couldn't score. Next drive cowboys went up tempo and score before halftime. The line looked good. Romo made a roll out pass and a Fran Tarkinton impression which was a GOOD play by Romo.

The 8 yard run he had was a breakdown of a play. It was a quick slant but Witten threw a block so Romo stumbled 6 yards and slid face first 2 more yards. There are no other plays where Romo made plays with his legs, or extends the play.

You need to watch the game again.

Peyton, you do know you're talking to a bunch of brick walls when it comes to people with obvious agendas, right?

It's just so EFFING STUPID!

Tony Romo played an absolutely brilliant football game last night. It's not deniable in any way, shape or fashion.

It also has nothing to do with the Falcons and Matt Ryan.

Dez- never showed up ? lol 4 catches 85 yards .. not showing up ?

Romo was on point last night . Cowboys were running slants to death

Romo was making plays out of pocket and when it broke down . That was a great play call on the double move by Ogletree. The other TD in end zone was Romo buy extra time when pressure off tackle

Cowboys will be a legit team and problem for NFC teams if there 2 corners play like that

and DeMarco Murray running all over the place .

The Cowboys are a legit team if they show up that way every week. But hey, we know they won't lol.