What I Learned From The Game Tonight...

Rave

romo and ogletree looked fabtabulous....iddd hold off a few games before declaring romo clutchy. the giants were playing 10th string dbs out there. trinad was being manhandled

also romo had two, nearly three delay of game penalties...very unclutchy.

hes definitely a playmaker and a great leader.

over all, the cowboys looked good minus the dumb errors.

cruz obviously spent more time this offseason working on dance moves instead of catching balls.

romo and ogletree looked fabtabulous....iddd hold off a few games before declaring romo clutchy. the giants were playing 10th string dbs out there. trinad was being manhandled

also romo had two, nearly three delay of game penalties...very unclutchy.

hes definitely a playmaker and a great leader.

over all, the cowboys looked good minus the dumb errors.

cruz obviously spent more time this offseason working on dance moves instead of catching balls.

I was cringing knowing that Romo had to make a play on 3rd and long. He did, and we ran out the clock. Thats clutch. It was the 4th quarter with under 2 minutes to go and that play decided whether or not the Giants would have a shot to tie. Id say that was very much a clutch play.

Im not crowning Ogletree, but he definitely carried over his preseason into the first game. If he makes defenses keep an eye on him then Dez and Miles will have more room to do what they do. Of course with defenses unable to bring the safety up to help in run support Murray has more room to make plays too.

Edited by Rave

they looked pretty good

he77 they did tonight what no other team has been able to do

win on the road in mid week to start the yr vs The Super Bowl Champion

but

i would cation getting to excited

Cowboys have looked at this game like the Super Bowl since week 17 2011

if they would have lost, man their season may have been over in week 1 lol

Romo did look pretty good tho

and vaunted Giants D Ends were no where to be found

What I gathered from the game tonight:

The Giants need to figure out how to get two starting cornerbacks into the first week of the season.

The NFC East needs to get together and figure out how every team can have at least one disgusting pass rusher and yet no one put together a real offensive line.

Cruz is going to be the poster boy for the Giants not building on the Super Bowl as the year progresses.

Everything else is so much week 1 over-interpretation.

What I gathered from the game tonight:

The Giants need to figure out how to get two starting cornerbacks into the first week of the season.

The NFC East needs to get together and figure out how every team can have at least one disgusting pass rusher and yet no one put together a real offensive line.

Cruz is going to be the poster boy for the Giants not building on the Super Bowl as the year progresses.

Everything else is so much week 1 over-interpretation.

Agree on point #1...Giants DBs are beyond bad right now. Ogletree became a name because of that.

On point #2...eagles were ok there..until Peters ruptured his Achilles. Bell doesn't look like much yet. Not sure if he's just getting used to Howard Mudd's system or what...but he just looks plain bad right now.

What's interesting to me is Vick got hurt twice in ten plays this preseason...yet Foles, who played a ton, was never sacked.

What I Learned From The Game Tonight... "Rave"

That you got a chubby in your pants after the game? ph34r.png

Nah, not that excited, but close, lol.

Its nice to have physical corners that allow our pass rushers to get home. Hatcher and Ware (twice) got sacks last night. For a Cowboys fan thats HUGE. We havent been able to touch Manning in the past. So if our defense can build off of that we are in good shape.

As far as the Giants CBs go...Ogletree is a #3 hes not going to do what he did last night every night. The thing about last night though is DCs will now have to game plan for him. You can concentrate on Dez, Miles, and Witten anymore. Not to mention after Murray went off for 131 yards he'll have to be game planned for. Which is going to give us a lot more options.

Edited by Rave

Nah, not that excited, but close, lol.

Its nice to have physical corners that allow our pass rushers to get home. Hatcher and Ware (twice) got sacks last night. For a Cowboys fan thats HUGE. We havent been able to touch Manning in the past. So if our defense can build off of that we are in good shape.

As far as the Giants CBs go...Ogletree is a #3 hes not going to do what he did last night every night. The thing about last night though is DCs will now have to game plan for him. You can concentrate on Dez, Miles, and Witten anymore. Not to mention after Murray went off for 131 yards he'll have to be game planned for. Which is going to give us a lot more options.

Murray is scurry. If he can survive the season, he'll probably be a top three back, easy. Watching him run, I can see why he's had issues with injuries. He's got blazing speed but hits defenders dead on like a mac truck. He broke the giant's mlb into pieces

Murray is scurry. If he can survive the season, he'll probably be a top three back, easy. Watching him run, I can see why he's had issues with injuries. He's got blazing speed but hits defenders dead on like a mac truck. He broke the giant's mlb into pieces

I was watching the game with a friend and on Murray's first carry I said "thats why I like Murray, he finishes runs". I love that hes going to try to bulldoze you for those last 2-3 yards.

Funny thing is, he only missed 4 games in his college career. A few guys around here want to make him seem a lot more fragile than he is. Last year in the Giants game (week 14) Murray broke his foot, again at the END of a season. So, I say about week 8 you start giving Felix more carries. Seems like Murray wears down at the END of seasons. So, you take the weight off of him from about midseason on and he should be good to go.

I was watching the game with a friend and on Murray's first carry I said "thats why I like Murray, he finishes runs". I love that hes going to try to bulldoze you for those last 2-3 yards.

Funny thing is, he only missed 4 games in his college career. A few guys around here want to make him seem a lot more fragile than he is. Last year in the Giants game (week 14) Murray broke his foot, again at the END of a season. So, I say about week 8 you start giving Felix more carries. Seems like Murray wears down at the END of seasons. So, you take the weight off of him from about midseason on and he should be good to go.

no you start now and dont let him get to the point of tired and wore down.

I dont like the way he finishes run though. You can get a yard or two more just by glazing off the hit

I learned nothing from this game. I already knew we had no secondary to speak of. laugh.png

I didnt know that Corey Webster wasnt any good...Tree burnt him on one of his 2 TDs. So, there goes that excuse.

Also, what does not having a secondary have to do with Murray going for 131 yards? Or your Oline allowing 3 sacks? Or Dallas overcoming 86 yards in penalties?

Edited by Rave

I didnt know that Corey Webster wasnt any good...Tree burnt him on one of his 2 TDs. So, there goes that excuse.

Also, what does not having a secondary have to do with Murray going for 131 yards? Or your Oline allowing 3 sacks? Or Dallas overcoming 86 yards in penalties?

What does that have to do with what I said? I don't recall implying our secondary had anything to do with that. The defense is not that good. I knew that already. I clearly said before the game our front 4 has to masks our many defensive deficiencies. and they couldn't last night.

What does that have to do with what I said? I don't recall implying our secondary had anything to do with that. The defense is not that good. I knew that already. I clearly said before the game our front 4 has to masks our many defensive deficiencies. and they couldn't last night.

They wont be able to. If there is anything I know about defense its that the front and back ends HAVE to work together. If your secondary is allowing guys to run free (like the Cowboys did in week 17 last year) then you will have no pass rush and QBs will shred you. Now that Dallas has a more physical secondary our pass rushers were able to get at Eli, something we couldnt do before. Without pressure on the QB your secondary is toast...and vice versa.