Feels Like 08 All Over Again- Anxious And Uncertain

birds_till_death

The year was 2008 and we had just endured the worst season in franchise history. We entered the 08 season with a new qb, new rb, new oc, dc, & hc. We liked our team and saw talent but had no idea what to expect. Enter the Detroit lions, a first professional pass for a td, single game rushing record, and the start to an amazing season above all expectations.

While we haven't changed as much as a team this offseason, I can't help but feel just as excited and uncertain about our new coordinators this year. Truth is, we really don't know how all this will look on the field.

Here's to giving the Chiefs the same behind the shed butt whooping the Lions got, the start to a great 2012 season, and surpassing even the greatest of expectations!!!!!!!

Well said. I'm excited about this season! Ryan's bound to win a few postseason games. However, we have to get there first. I think it was only bad luck that he kept running into unbeaten postseason teams so early.

Continuity in a good offense is a very good thing. I look forward to watching their continued progression. This year is our time!

The year was 2008 and we had just endured the worst season in franchise history. We entered the 08 season with a new qb, new rb, new oc, dc, & hc. We liked our team and saw talent but had no idea what to expect. Enter the Detroit lions, a first professional pass for a td, single game rushing record, and the start to an amazing season above all expectations.

While we haven't changed as much as a team this offseason, I can't help but feel just as excited and uncertain about our new coordinators this year. Truth is, we really don't know how all this will look on the field.

Here's to giving the Chiefs the same behind the shed butt whooping the Lions got, the start to a great 2012 season, and surpassing even the greatest of expectations!!!!!!!

Great post man !

I agree with you. I am more hyped , concerned , and unsure about this season as I was in 08'. Sunday cannot some soon enough.

I went to that game and was freaking out the whole time. What a weight was lifted off the shoulders of Falcons fans after that game. To this day, i'm still convinced that the *ss whooping we put on the lions is the reason they didn't win a game that season.

Also, remember the Chicago game that year? 11seconds left... That is one of my favorite Falcons memories

Good Post!

Didn't the Falcons face KC in 08 as well?