Dnc Convention Thread...

I haven't watched a lot. Just Clinton, Biden and now Obama . . . I obviously have a tremendous bias, but it sure seems like the vibe is off the charts different between the two conventions. The Dems really seem to have figured this out this time.

Any independents/conservatives agree?

As an Independent, I agree.

I haven't watched a lot. Just Clinton, Biden and now Obama . . . I obviously have a tremendous bias, but it sure seems like the vibe is off the charts different between the two conventions. The Dems really seem to have figured this out this time.

As an Independent, I agree.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking at the viewership numbers. It looks like for both conventions, there are only about 10 million people watching on the networks (e.g., not the cable news, where most are partisan and unpersuadable).

The media reporting will be more influential than the actual convention itself, so we'll see if there's any kind of bounce. But I'd be shocked if Obama gets more than a 4-point bounce off the convention. The wildcard is the jobs report tomorrow...if it's really good news then he'll get a bigger bump and if it's bad then he'll probably not get anything.

But, all that said, this is a case study in how to run a convention.

Well ADP is stating private companies added 201,000 jobs in August.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/august-jobs-report-may-be-better-than-feared-2012-09-06?link=MW_latest_news

So that would be a decent boost for him.

Well ADP is stating private companies added 201,000 jobs in August.

http://www.marketwat...=MW_latest_news

So that would be a decent boost for him.

We'll see. If that's the case then he'll get a big jump, especially on the heels of this convention.

Edit: Btw, Obama knows what those numbers are, and knew it before he took the stage tonight. Not sure there's anything in his speech to give a hint about that, but I thought that was interesting.

As an Independent I too agree. Very good this time with outright saying who they are. While I may not agree on some basic issues, this was very telling.

Ditto. No need to watch more empty promises. He still has a lot of those left unfulfilled from 08.

I'll start the circle ....

How can you keep your promise when no one will help... Case in point Guantanamo ... Tried to put them back here and almost no state government wanted them in their state minus a few people... Instead of promising, he should have said try, because I think he attempted most of his promises... Oh well.

This dude has Matt Ryan Swag, but you should have watched to become more informed. I watched the RNC speeches of Ryan and Romney, while watching coverage of them.

They don't really give much information, especially from the incumbent party. It's a freaking pep rally and quite frankly, I have better things to do.

Like I said, Obama's party had control of the house and senate his first 2 years then the senate the next 2 years. He has no excuse. Reagan and Clinton both got ish done when the opposing party controlled the house AND the senate. Obama lacks leadership and the ability to compromise.

Like I also said, it's always somebody else's fault that he sux as a president.

Okay so what they should have done was forced states to take the Guantanamo bay prisoners? Honestly a leader is suppose to get people to believe his message, but I honestly do not know how you do that when someone is unwilling to listen... In this case states did not want them... What is the halfway point in compromise of closing the prison and relocating them if the states do not want them?

If I were a governor I wouldn't want them in my state either.

So in other words, he promised something he couldn't deliver on. Big shocker. The same can be said for most of the things he promised in 08. He's exactly like someone running for school class president promising that they would end homework.

I see your view. Makes sense. So he should say "I will try hard to close guantanamo bay, but I will need help doing so".

I also don't understand the assertion of unwilling to compromise. Please explain because I thought he tried from my perspective and nothing seemed to come of it. Explain why you feel the way you do in that regard... Just trying to have conversation.