Dnc Convention Thread...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I note there's no real substance other then Mitts bad. Where's the PLAN to fix our WRECKED economy? If this is supposed to energize others I have a feeling its turning them away. The taking of God out of your platform, the video that Your part of the Govt. the changing of the Israeli platform to suit an anti Israel wing of the dem party is NOT going to go over well.

I note there's no real substance other then Mitts bad. Where's the PLAN to fix our WRECKED economy? If this is supposed to energize others I have a feeling its turning them away. The taking of God out of your platform, the video that Your part of the Govt. the changing of the Israeli platform to suit an anti Israel wing of the dem party is NOT going to go over well.

Where is Mitt Romney's plan? Where are his specifics?

Mitts economic plan: Among the economists signing on to the statement are Nobel laureates Gary Becker, Robert Lucas, Robert Mundell, Edward Prescott, and Myron Scholes. Others have received the highest honors available for their academic work, some have advised U.S. policymakers, and all are longtime champions of economic freedom.

Among the positions they endorse:

• Reduce marginal tax rates on business and wage incomes and broaden the tax base to increase investment, jobs, and living standards.
  • End the exploding federal debt by controlling the growth of spending so federal spending does not exceed 20 percent of the economy.
  • Restructure regulation to end "too big to fail," improve credit availability to entrepreneurs and small businesses, and increase regulatory accountability, and ensure that all regulations pass rigorous benefit-cost tests.
  • Improve our Social Security and Medicare programs by reducing their growth to sustainable levels, ensuring their viability over the long term, and protecting those in or near retirement.
  • Reform our healthcare system to harness market forces and thereby reduce costs and increase quality, empowering patients and doctors, rather than the federal bureaucracy.
  • Promote energy policies that increase domestic production, enlarge the use of all western hemisphere resources, encourage the use of new technologies, end wasteful subsidies, and rely more on market forces and less on government planners.

Let's take a few of these:

Among the positions they endorse:

• Reduce marginal tax rates on business and wage incomes and broaden the tax base to increase investment, jobs, and living standards.

This contradicts the goal of reducing the debt and it's not clear how this will boost the economy.

• End the exploding federal debt by controlling the growth of spending so federal spending does not exceed 20 percent of the economy.

Specifically, what will he cut? What programs will see spending reduced to meet this goal?

• Improve our Social Security and Medicare programs by reducing their growth to sustainable levels, ensuring their viability over the long term, and protecting those in or near retirement.

Again, specifically, how will he do this?

• Reform our healthcare system to harness market forces and thereby reduce costs and increase quality, empowering patients and doctors, rather than the federal bureaucracy.

More words, no specifics.

Try again.

How on earth can people not know who the candidates are? Even people without a pot to piss in have access to tv, internet, etc . . . how do you HONESTLY tell me people don't know who the candidates are at this point in time?

There are plenty of people who don't know about the candidates. Otherwise why would the Dems and Reps spend a ton money on a convention?

Unlike Obama telling the terrorists our battle and retreat plans, Romney is no fool.

He knows that any "details" that he gives will instanly be twisted and manipulated by Obamas media, and turned into a SNL skit, like when Palin could see Russia from her front lawn.

You wonder why the Republicans don't detail their plan?

Seriously? No matter what they say it will be a tool used against them by the Obama Regimes propaganda machine. Even if Romney came out with a liberal agenda, they would blast that as being a failed policy. There's no being logical with Liberals. They only know how to smear, spin and attack. I can't blame Romney for keeping his stragegy to himself.

Let's all learn from Nancy Pelosi, and just elect Romney...and THEN find out what his plan is.

Yeah.....that's about right. Liberals should be able to identify with that reasoning. Right?

Unlike Obama telling the terrorists our battle and retreat plans, Romney is no fool.

He knows that any "details" that he gives will instanly be twisted and manipulated by Obamas media, and turned into a SNL skit, like when Palin could see Russia from her front lawn.

You wonder why the Republicans don't detail their plan?

Seriously? No matter what they say it will be a tool used against them by the Obama Regimes propaganda machine. Even if Romney came out with a liberal agenda, they would blast that as being a failed policy. There's no being logical with Liberals. They only know how to smear, spin and attack. I can't blame Romney for keeping his stragegy to himself.

Let's all learn from Nancy Pelosi, and just elect Romney...and THEN find out what his plan is.

Yeah.....that's about right. Liberals should be able to identify with that reasoning. Right?

Not a liberal, I just can't stand Romney or Ryan. LOL @ you. Not voting Obama either, but if I HAD to choose, it would be Obama all day.

Fair enough.

Nobody's going to change your mind about someone you hate....at least I'm not.

Why can't you stand Ryan though? What has he done to deserve that?

There is not a man or woman on this planet that I hate. I love and care for all who live here. My issue with Ryan is that he strikes me as being disingenuous. A fraud to be exact. I listen to him and watch him. Something is way off. Then his plans are complete rubbish, won't work at all. There is nothing for me to like.

I hear ya.

I feel exactly the same way about Obama. Good post! Thanks for the reasonable response. It's appreciated.

Thank you for asking as a gentleman. I'll be a little more open. I am not a Democrat. Independent actually, but only in the general sense as I do belong to a party.

I will likely be voting Gary Johnson although I am not a Libertarian either. We don't have a candidate.

My fiance is truly undecided at this point. Her social tendencies have always lead her to the Democrats but her family is hard core all about ousting Obama and her head has been filled full of nonsense (much of which she doesn't buy). She also sadly has this belief that with an elephant in the office her parents will be much more at ease about things and that I would benefit because my employer is a Republican.

So in short, having to hear less bitc*ing at her family gatherings and possibly more money for myself has her making concessions in that direction. She still keeps lobbing out that she'll probably vote for Rosanne Barr out of spite for the whole situation though LOL! I still believe she'll go for Obama like she did in '08 but she's certainly on the fence.

EDIT: I meant to quote a different post pertaining to are there voters that are really undecided.