Dnc Convention Thread...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched maybe 37 seconds of the RNC, and won't be watching a moment of this one. I know who I'm voting for, I really don't get the week long rah-rah'ing. Do people not know who they're voting for?

The conventions typically have the biggest effect on the election. I watch them mainly to see how undecided voters are introduced to the candidates.

The conventions typically have the biggest effect on the election. I watch them mainly to see how undecided voters are introduced to the candidates.

How on earth can people not know who the candidates are? Even people without a pot to piss in have access to tv, internet, etc . . . how do you HONESTLY tell me people don't know who the candidates are at this point in time?

How on earth can people not know who the candidates are? Even people without a pot to piss in have access to tv, internet, etc . . . how do you HONESTLY tell me people don't know who the candidates are at this point in time?

It's not that they don't have who they are. It's that a small but sizable percent of people haven't made up their minds. They don't follow things through the summer and so this is their first chance to hear the messages. It's an increasingly shrinking percent, but it's still the most influential events of the campaign.

I really liked the opening with Teddy tearing Mitt a new one. The Castro speech I think pretty much locked up FL/Latino vote for the President and Michelle Obama's speech was AWESOME. Very strong first night for the Dems.

Didn't seem Michelle Obama's speech. Figured it would be typical spouse-rah rah stuff, but might have to go back and watch it now.

The video with Ted ripping on Romney was pretty damaging, but did they play it during prime-time? My sense was that it and Patrick didn't air except on the cable shows.

Didn't seem Michelle Obama's speech. Figured it would be typical spouse-rah rah stuff, but might have to go back and watch it now.

The video with Ted ripping on Romney was pretty damaging, but did they play it during prime-time? My sense was that it and Patrick didn't air except on the cable shows.

I can't say if it was on prime time or not. I caught it on MSNBC.

I really liked the opening with Teddy tearing Mitt a new one. The Castro speech I think pretty much locked up FL/Latino vote for the President and Michelle Obama's speech was AWESOME. Very strong first night for the Dems.

Yeah the Kennedy vs Romney video is something I have a feeling you will see a lot of.

I did really chuckle at " give him 2 more weeks he might vote for me because those are the things I am for"

Just watched the speech:

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/09/04/video-watch-first-lady-michelle-obamas-dnc-address/

Holy crap, that was a great speech. Very conceptual. I've heard people say that she kicked Romney's a** without mentioning his name. I think there's some truth in that.

I think that I'm good at recognizing when my own biases creep into my perceptions and when I can remain objective. Objectively, I honestly think her speech was much better than Ann Romney's, which I thought was pretty good. Just. wow.

There's an interesting difference in the speeches between the DNC and the RNC, and it has to do with conceptual clarity and realism. The Ann Romney speech was good but somewhat contrived. Michelle Obama's speech, whether real or fabricated, seemed more genuine and "broad" or conceptual in nature. That was a great speech.