Good Sign For Peria Jerry

atljbo

http://blog.atlantafalcons.com/jayadams/2012/09/04/nolan-happy-with-jerrys-progress/

Asked if there was a player on his defensive line who’s not a starter that he expects to make a big impact, Nolan pointed to Peria Jerry. Nolan said his expectations for Jerry coming into camp were “in limbo,” but he soon found confidence in the young defensive tackle. Nolan tempered his comments about rookie Travian Robertson, saying “if he gets a shot to go in there (Sunday), we’ll see. We don’t want to give him too many chances, but we’ll give him a few, I think.” More of Nolan’s well-played sarcasm.

I like that.... This mean it wasnt any "He was a 1st round guy so we have to play him" ... Naw dude had to earn Nolans respect and he seem to have done that.... The guy was disruptive in each preseason game... It feels good to finally see the guy we drafted... Lets see how he produce during the season.

Peria Jerry needed and continue to need time to show that he can be a premier DT in this league. He's had to overcome that injury he had back in 09, and while I'm not trying to sound like some psychiatrist, the injury no doubt affected his "psyche" and or his confidence in his ability. For right now, he seems to have his confidence to return to him, his play has improved, and he has won the confidence and respect from both the coaches and his teammates. So far, it's all good. The real test(s) are coming, yet he seems pointed in the right direction.

I'm actually very excited to see what jerry does in the regular season. He played at a first round level in the preseason. I know that the injury he had can have lingering effects and I think he's finally fully healthy and ready to go for the first time in his short career. He should be just as disruptive this year as he was in the last four (preseason) games.

I think with BVG, he wrote Jerry off and as a result Jerry didn't respond. With a new, clean slate with Nolan, it was purely Jerry's ability that was going to get him back on top and he capitalized. Not really surprising. Like I've pointed out and Abe noted, the defense with BVG was built for a few players to make the plays. Jerry wasn't one of them after his injury.

article was posted today . All along we were going ahead with Jerry as starter with Peters down . It's been like that since start of camp .

Jerry needs stay healthy especially with Peters out . I don't think we have ton of depth as others think we have at DT knowing Jerry is a injury waiting to happen

Yeah, I saw the article. I sometimes wonder if these beat writers stockpile quotes and crank out articles at later dates.

http://blog.atlantafalcons.com/jayadams/2012/09/04/nolan-happy-with-jerrys-progress/

Nolan said linebacker Akeem Dent has done a “very good job,” and has been very impressed with how Dent has produced despite not seeing much defensive action last year. “All indications to me

are that he’s going to be a good, solid player,” Nolan said. Nolan sees Dent right now as a two-down player, but in time said he could turn into a three-down backer

This just tickled me to death...the hypocrisy.

http://blog.atlantaf...errys-progress/

Nolan said linebacker Akeem Dent has done a “very good job,” and has been very impressed with how Dent has produced despite not seeing much defensive action last year. “All indications to me

are that he’s going to be a good, solid player,” Nolan said. Nolan sees Dent right now as a two-down player, but in time said he could turn into a three-down backer

This just tickled me to death...the hypocrisy.

Dent isnt making 5.5 Million a season either.

I like that.... This mean it wasnt any "He was a 1st round guy so we have to play him" ... Naw dude had to earn Nolans respect and he seem to have done that.... The guy was disruptive in each preseason game... It feels good to finally see the guy we drafted... Lets see how he produce during the season.

Your videos rule and you always have good info and stuff but are you morally opposed to throwing an "s" onto certain words?

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

thanks I do like to hear that no first rounder is safe.

Mike Smith said this the day after we lost to the giants, that there was no sacred cow or something like that. Glad to see we are not keeping on to guys who are 1st rounders just cause, and that they have to prove their job just as hard as the 7th rounder does.

this is really going to help us out with finding good depth.

everyone thought it meant the sacred cow thing was to cut Baker. but it meant those first rounder had to compete just as hard as the 2-7th and undrafted rookies.

I am a little surprised I have not seen anyone mention the whole sacred cow stuff.