David Garrard Released

gHost83

Just saw that David Garrard was released from Miami a few minutes ago. I say we dump McCown and pick up Garrard. Acquainted with most of the staff and OC already, that was McCown's only edge. If Garrard can be had for a small amount now, will be an instant upgrade and vet influence in the locker room...

What do you guys think?

Link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8337460/miami-dolphins-release-veteran-quarterback-david-garrard

Edited by gHost83

Other than Arizona, who else besides Atlanta would be in the market for him?

No idea... Green Bay? They don't have much depth behind Rodgers, especially since Harrell didn't impress in preseason. But i think someone like Seneca Wallace or even Brian Hoyer might be a better fit there as the backup.

I can't think of anyone besides Arizona who would be looking for a starter, so Garrard should accept a #2 gig if he's smart and give up his dreams of being a starter again in this league. But he will probably sit out for a while, get the knee healthy, and hope someone gets injured and that he gets called upon to start... he could luck out into a situation like last year where the Texans lost Schaub.

That would be a three-headed monster of suck.

I don't think that Garrard is that good either but he is at least better than what they have. I hated the trade that Arizona made for Kolb last season because I knew that the Eagles would get the better of the one-sided deal and they would be screwed over.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds

Just saw that David Garrard was released from Miami a few minutes ago. I say we dump McCown and pick up Garrard. Acquainted with most of the staff and OC already, that was McCown's only edge. If Garrard can be had for a small amount now, will be an instant upgrade and vet influence in the locker room...

What do you guys think?

Link: http://espn.go.com/n...k-david-garrard

Yessss .... yesssss .... then our assimilation will be nearly complete !! BuAHAHAHAHAHA!