Pat Y On Reynolds To Start At Rg.

xSICKxWITHxITx

Depth chart: Reynolds to start at RG

By Pat Yasinskas | Sep 4, 2012 5:53 PM

For what it’s worth, and that may not be much, Garrett Reynolds is listed as the starting right guard on the depth chart the Atlanta Falcons just sent out.

Let’s keep in mind that the depth chart is unofficial and we won’t know for sure until Sunday whether Reynolds or rookie Peter Konz will get the start. Coach Mike Smith has said he’s not naming a starter at right guard (or several other positions) because he doesn’t want to give an opponent a competitive advantage. Just curious, does anybody think the Kansas City Chiefs really care if they see Reynolds or Konz?

Anyway, at least according to the unofficial depth chart, Reynolds is the starter. The depth chart also lists Brent Grimes and Dunta Robinson as the starting cornerbacks with Asante Samuel as a backup. There’s been a lot of speculation about whether Robinson or Samuel will be the starter opposite Grimes. But, even if this depth chart turns out to be accurate, you can count on Robinson sliding inside to play against slot receivers when Samuel comes onto the field for the nickel package.

Also, the other big question out of Atlanta after the Falcons cut Dominique Franks is at punt returner. According to the depth chart, receiver Harry Douglas will be the punt returner.

Depth chart: Reynolds to start at RG

By Pat Yasinskas | Sep 4, 2012 5:53 PM

Coach Mike Smith has said he's not naming a starter at right guard (or several other positions) because he doesn't want to give an opponent a competitive advantage. Just curious, does anybody think the Kansas City Chiefs really care if they see Reynolds or Konz?

So I'm not alone regarding this issue. I guess Pat didn't play Sports either since he finds Smith's decision a little strange also.

So I'm not alone regarding this issue. I guess Pat didn't play Sports either since he finds Smith's decision a little strange also.

Pat was a beat writer for Carolina before he became an ESPN blogger. Essentially, he was the Panthers' version of D. Orlando Ledbetter.

Nowadays, he's ESPN's version of D. Orlando Ledbetter.

I never really understood the Pat Y hate on here. He seems to cover each team rather fairly and is pretty accurate most of the time......am I missing something? Its like people on the board expect these sports writers to break into Smiths office and steal game plans. Their job is basically to tell us what we might not have heard. That's it.

I'd bet my salary that Pat Y never played sports at a film watching level. Their DLine is watching film on our OLine. Reynolds performs differently than Konz. They both have strengths and weakness that can be exploited. If you really think they haven't prepared for both, then you are discounting pro coaches.

What if Konz can handle heavier DL better than Reynolds and Reynolds handles quicker DL better than Konz? Do you really think they won't catch that on film and prepare to exploit that? That takes up time that can be used elsewhere. Now if you think their is a competitive advantage is debatable, but to act as if coaches don't take these things into account is naive.

I'd bet my salary that Pat Y never played sports at a film watching level. Their DLine is watching film on our OLine. Reynolds performs differently than Konz. They both have strengths and weakness that can be exploited. If you really think they haven't prepared for both, then you are discounting pro coaches.

What if Konz can handle heavier DL better than Reynolds and Reynolds handles quicker DL better than Konz? Do you really think they won't catch that on film and prepare to exploit that? That takes up time that can be used elsewhere. Now if you think their is a competitive advantage is debatable, but to act as if coaches don't take these things into account is naive.

Dang taking the kids to school again I see.

Dang taking the kids to school again I see.

That's why I don't post as much anymore. Waste of time. People's minds are made up. Most on here haven't played the game so don't understand it and it's too late to learn it from playing. That's the only way you can really understand somethings they find unfathomable.

To each his own. I could careless.

H3ll most sports writers never played. That's why they're writers. Fans of the game who want to be around it but didn't play.

I can tell, from just this one post Vel, that you know a helluva lot more about football than most people on this board, and 100 times more than Swift and Muskokos' Dumbest.

Keep up the good work, brother.

That's why I don't post as much anymore. Waste of time. People's minds are made up. Most on here haven't played the game so don't understand it and it's too late to learn it from playing. That's the only way you can really understand somethings they find unfathomable.

To each his own. I could careless.

I hear you man I just come here every now and then just to check out the latest news. I'll post some to, but I'm tired of sifting through the garbage so I'm not on as much either.

lol @ Hoe pumping up vel ego

House of Stupidity - ask vel what's Kerry Meier doing

vel thought Kerry was on his way to making huge impact

Roddy thought the same thing...

But you knew Kerry was going to get hurt and cut so no point in arguing. How's Vernon Gholston doing?

Roddy thought the same thing...

But you knew Kerry was going to get hurt and cut so no point in arguing. How's Vernon Gholston doing?

So did I, so that's Vel, myself and quite a few others, even within the organisation(!) that was wrong on that one.

Turns out you are wrong 90% of the time.

But in your eyes it's equal. Big Vernon, one of the biggest busts of all time couldn't even catch on or get to final cut day... for the rams.

Lol at people knocking on Kerry. If he didn't get hurt he would still be in the team. Just like people say Baker and Jerry sucked. They were both injured huge difference and people still can't figure that out lmao.

An oft-injured player isn't worth much to the team. Some guys seem to be made of glass. I'm not saying Baker is injury prone, but I'm not quite sold on the idea of pinning the season on his blocking. The best anyone can say is they're cautiously optimistic about him this season. Jerry has been a nice surprise this year.