Lt Bryant Mckinnie Released...

jesushchristo

i saw this as a probable on NFL - so now it is a official!

2 questions how much will he cost and who gets dropped if he is good enough?

Answer my own q he was on 3.2 mill for this season but was receptive to a lower offer. Seems the Ravens weren't keen on his issues or the incentives he wanted.

The Eagles will be poised plus a few other teams maybe we offer Baltimore a trade Baker plus a 7th???

Edited by leftfield

So let me get this straight.. You guys want THIS guy?

On August 24, 2011, after being vouched for by former University of Miami teammate Ed Reed, McKinnie signed with the Baltimore Ravens.[11] In 2012, McKinnie was fined $30,000 for failing to report to training camp,[12] increasing financial troubles that he faced after he was sued for $4.5 million after taking out a loan during the 2011 NFL lockout.[13]

--------------------------

In the summer of 2011 he was cut from the Vikings squad after being placed on the non-football injury list. The Star Tribune reported that he had shown up to training camp weighing close to 400 pounds.[7] He had finished the prior season at 360 pounds claimed he was going to hire a trainer in the offseason and lose some weight.[8] He had also been taking tennis lessons from Venus Williams over the offseason and claimed that the lessons were long and tired him out

2005 gas station incident

In 2005, McKinnie was arrested along with former Vikings guard Marcus Johnson on suspicion of disorderly conduct and obstructing the legal process. At approximate 3:00 AM police officers were called to clear out a large crowd from Bobby & Steve's Auto World, the Minneapolis, Minnesota location. A witness told WCCO-AM that McKinnie was offended by a comment by a fellow player and a scuffle resulted

2008 night club incident

In February 2008 McKinnie was arrested and charged with aggravated battery, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest without violence after a street brawl outside a Miami nightclub. Miami police said McKinnie spit in the face of a bouncer when he was removed from the club, then, after heading across the street to another establishment, returned to Club Space and argued with the bouncer, Eric Otero. McKinnie then allegedly shoved his phone in Otero's face before picking up a heavy pole and hitting him.

----------------------

McKinnie was selected to his first NFL Pro Bowl game in the 2009 season, but before the event it was announced that he would not play in the game. The league said they had kicked him off his Pro Bowl squad for skipping three of the four practices and the team photo. He had previously told NFC offensive line coach Hudson Houck that he was ill. McKinnie told reporters that due to injuries in his feet and left ankle he had decided he didn't want to play.[5] He was later ordered by the league to repay $4,285 for expenses and forfeited his $22,500 game check

-------------------------------------------

After a 2009 loss against the Arizona Cardinals, it was reported by Tony Boselli on the Dan Patrick show that McKinnie accidentally tipped off the Vikings offensive game plan to the Cardinals. He said that the Cardinals knew when the Vikings were going to pass because of his leg. "He would have one of his legs back a little bit further" when getting in stance before the play.[3] In 2010, McKinnie allowed a sack that injured Brett Favre and stopped his consecutive regular season start streak at 297 games.[4]

Edited by EightyEight

Sorry, but I wouldn't oppose giving him a 1 year deal. Baker has looked good, but I don't trust him.He needs to give me a couple stellar performances before I uncross my fingers. Holmes is an unknown this early. If he isn't picked up, I'm willing to risk $1.5-2 million on someone who has shown they can play.

I think this team is strong enough and has enough character to handle one potential malcontent. Sorry, but when it comes to this OL, the more talent the better. I would've picked up Clifton a month ago.

So let me get this straight.. You guys want THIS guy?

On August 24, 2011, after being vouched for by former University of Miami teammate Ed Reed, McKinnie signed with the Baltimore Ravens.[11] In 2012, McKinnie was fined $30,000 for failing to report to training camp,[12] increasing financial troubles that he faced after he was sued for $4.5 million after taking out a loan during the 2011 NFL lockout.[13]

--------------------------

In the summer of 2011 he was cut from the Vikings squad after being placed on the non-football injury list. The Star Tribune reported that he had shown up to training camp weighing close to 400 pounds.[7] He had finished the prior season at 360 pounds claimed he was going to hire a trainer in the offseason and lose some weight.[8] He had also been taking tennis lessons from Venus Williams over the offseason and claimed that the lessons were long and tired him out

2005 gas station incident

In 2005, McKinnie was arrested along with former Vikings guard Marcus Johnson on suspicion of disorderly conduct and obstructing the legal process. At approximate 3:00 AM police officers were called to clear out a large crowd from Bobby & Steve's Auto World, the Minneapolis, Minnesota location. A witness told WCCO-AM that McKinnie was offended by a comment by a fellow player and a scuffle resulted

2008 night club incident

In February 2008 McKinnie was arrested and charged with aggravated battery, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest without violence after a street brawl outside a Miami nightclub. Miami police said McKinnie spit in the face of a bouncer when he was removed from the club, then, after heading across the street to another establishment, returned to Club Space and argued with the bouncer, Eric Otero. McKinnie then allegedly shoved his phone in Otero's face before picking up a heavy pole and hitting him.

----------------------

McKinnie was selected to his first NFL Pro Bowl game in the 2009 season, but before the event it was announced that he would not play in the game. The league said they had kicked him off his Pro Bowl squad for skipping three of the four practices and the team photo. He had previously told NFC offensive line coach Hudson Houck that he was ill. McKinnie told reporters that due to injuries in his feet and left ankle he had decided he didn't want to play.[5] He was later ordered by the league to repay $4,285 for expenses and forfeited his $22,500 game check

-------------------------------------------

After a 2009 loss against the Arizona Cardinals, it was reported by Tony Boselli on the Dan Patrick show that McKinnie accidentally tipped off the Vikings offensive game plan to the Cardinals. He said that the Cardinals knew when the Vikings were going to pass because of his leg. "He would have one of his legs back a little bit further" when getting in stance before the play.[3] In 2010, McKinnie allowed a sack that injured Brett Favre and stopped his consecutive regular season start streak at 297 games.[4]

Exactly. All that baggage and he's not even that good anymore. People here a name they know and think we should jump on him.

PASS...

Sorry, but I wouldn't oppose giving him a 1 year deal. Baker has looked good, but I don't trust him.He needs to give me a couple stellar performances before I uncross my fingers. Holmes is an unknown this early. If he isn't picked up, I'm willing to risk $1.5-2 million on someone who has shown they can play.

I think this team is strong enough and has enough character to handle one potential malcontent. Sorry, but when it comes to this OL, the more talent the better. I would've picked up Clifton a month ago.