Anyone going tomorrow?

I'm going for the first time. Parade in the morning and then just playing it by ear. There are a couple authors I might try to see but mostly I'm just going for the best people watching in the land.

going to parade too--have a feeling it will be crazy crowded

Yeah. Downtown in an absolute mess with that, dragoncon, AU and Clemson fans, and Braves Phillies tonight. Busy day in the ATL

....and let's not forget that NASCAR has 100,000 or so people in town for weekend races also...add in the people who are simply trying to drive thru the ATL on their way someplace else and you've got the ultimate traffic nightmare.

NFW I'm going anywhere near downtown ATL this weekend.

Weirdos.

Thats not very nice--you don't mean that, your just young and inexperienced. I prefer to think you were temporarily making a fool of yourself. The parade was interesting and talented, The people watching and participating were all cool as could be and we invite you to watch next year. He is a few pics.

Dragon-Con-Stormtroopers.jpg

Edited by Nono

Isn't also black gay pride weekend in Atlanta?

I know I'm a little late to the game on this, but I went up to ATL a few years ago (08, I think) for a bachelor party during this weekend. Dragon Con, gay-black pride, and chik-fil-a kickoff weekend. I think the matchup was Bama/VT.

Anyways, we get done pre-gaming at the hotel and get ready to go out. There's about 5 of us strapping young lads on the elevator on our way out to the bars. Out of nowhere this gigantic guy ran (see skipped) into the elevator at the last moment. Wearing a white tank top and green soffe (sp) shorts that say "hot stuff" across the azz. As the door shuts he looks back at us and says "oooooh, don't you all take me at once." And let out a little giggle. By the time the elevator got to the first floor we were in tears laughing right in front of this guy. One of the top 5 funniest moments of my life.

I know I'm a little late to the game on this, but I went up to ATL a few years ago (08, I think) for a bachelor party during this weekend. Dragon Con, gay-black pride, and chik-fil-a kickoff weekend. I think the matchup was Bama/VT.

Anyways, we get done pre-gaming at the hotel and get ready to go out. There's about 5 of us strapping young lads on the elevator on our way out to the bars. Out of nowhere this gigantic guy ran (see skipped) into the elevator at the last moment. Wearing a white tank top and green soffe (sp) shorts that say "hot stuff" across the azz. As the door shuts he looks back at us and says "oooooh, don't you all take me at once." And let out a little giggle. By the time the elevator got to the first floor we were in tears laughing right in front of this guy. One of the top 5 funniest moments of my life.

laugh.png