Franks Release According To Rotoworld

falcons007

A couple things here surprise me/make me wonder:

1) with the release of Lamark Brown (and Coffman), I wonder who the last TE will be.

2) I don't know how comfortable I am with the prospect of any of our starters returning punts.

1. Gallarda or a vet signing. I rather have a young TE learn from TG than a washed up guy like Reggie Kelly.

2. Toone or may be Rodgers?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Owens was falcons best CB in playoffs. In the game against Houston, Owens restricted Andre Johnson to 5 yards in 3 attempts while Franks gave up long 50 yard play in the only snap he covered Andre. Lot of people still hate him for GB debacle but he is much better than what every one says. Owens can't play Nickel but he is a good outside CB.

I'm sorry but Owens can't play NB he got absolutely torched as our NB he's an outside corner and a STer hence why I believe he got the nod over Franks.

If its true I wonder who is our 1st CB off the bench to replace one of the top 3 if they get injured? Owens by default? Who's the 5th? Is there a 6th?

That was the reason I created a thread should Falcons sign a Vet CB. Every one was so high on Franks, but he needed to be cut.

Edited by falcons007

If its true I wonder who is our 1st CB off the bench to replace one of the top 3 if they get injured? Owens by default? Who's the 5th? Is there a 6th?

Owens, on the outside (where he is better suited). No idea who would back up the nickel position, though... we know Owens can't cut it there.

Could definitely see us look for a veteran to be the #4 or #5 guy. *coughJOSELIOHANSENcough*