Franks Release According To Rotoworld

falcons007

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if in fact Franks is gone (yet to be verified), I will say I am kind of surprised myself. I mean he did not appear to be developing like we thought he would, but he seemed to have been given the return job. I also don't really want to see HD risk his health doing this job. I won't get into the Franks/Owens debate as neither has been very impressive with inconsistency being the only attribute I see them share.

But like some of you I don't see anyone behind Franks who adds depth better than what he provided. Makes me think they have someone they plan to add to the roster. Either way, whatever the coaching staff decides is fine with me since I don't have the ability to second guess them.

But if this is confirmed, I think we see a new mindset at Flowery Branch is being further confirmed after the Redman/JPW releases. They are not just providing lip service when they say all jobs are open for competition, and that is the way it should be. Some here have doubted that commitment, but I think we see they are serious about winning up at Flowery Branch.

I like Franks, but he was not looking that great. He has the one return in the first game and that was about it. I bet he is a quick pickup by somebody and would not suprise me if he ends up making a good impact for somebody. He has all the tools. Would have liked to keep him if this is true.

Seems like that's the case, except for Chevis Jackson. Go somewhere else were you fit better and perform. Why do we seem to draft guys that don't fit?

This has not been anounced. Rotoworld says nothing. This entire thread is stupid.

It was on Rotoworld, but then it got taken off. Apparently? I never saw it on there.

It's all over Twitter, though, along with several other cuts. It all seems to be tied back to Ian Rapoport, though (https://twitter.com/RapSheet). He was also the first to report us cutting Conrad Obi.

Edited by virginiafalcon

They are not just providing lip service when they say all jobs are open for competition, and that is the way it should be. Some here have doubted that commitment, but I think we see they are serious about winning up at Flowery Branch.

Absolutely. I'm a big supporter of this regime and I even thought it was lip service to a degree. I didn't think Davis had a shot of taking Redman's job, I wouldn't have thought any of these rookies could unseat Franks or Owens, but it's looking like someone did and while I don't necessarily agree with it it's good to see that no one is safe. It even looks like Snelling has lost the number 2 spot.

It was on Rotoworld, but then it got taken off. Apparently? I never saw it on there.

It's all over Twitter, though, along with several other cuts.

Yep I saw on Rotoworld and bunch of folks tweeting Franks on how sad they are to see him go LOL. But now its confirmed on NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000056652/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tim-hightower-among-notable-releases?module=HP11_headline_stack

Edited by falcons007

Seems like that's the case, except for Chevis Jackson. Go somewhere else were you fit better and perform. Why do we seem to draft guys that don't fit?

Not every player drafted gets going for the team that drafted them. EVERY team has draft picks that don't make it and end up on other teams that work out. We have a very very very high rate of keeping our draft picks and having them make the roster so one or two picks that don;t work out a few years later is normal and as percentages goes we are ahead of most of the league.

No sacred cows, Franks was being picked up by QB through out the camp which carried in to scrimmage and preseason games. MS and TD meant business when they said no sacred cows.

I was surprised because he was our PR all preseason. I figured if they were planning on opening the season with a different PR, we would've seen them during the preseason a little bit instead of giving him so much practice at it.

I was surprised because he was our PR all preseason. I figured if they were planning on opening the season with a different PR, we would've seen them during the preseason a little bit instead of giving him so much practice at it.

MS said he knows what they have in HD and wanted other guys to give a chance. Franks was never a good CB except for couple of picks and it looked like the coaching staff wanted him to succeed at PR. After Franks got beat by 3rd string QB and freaking Blaine Gabbert play after play its hard to keep him on the roster. I took lot of pics in the camp, one thing which stands out is how much Franks was beat by 3rd string WR.

Have not read the entire thread, but just curious.......

Would cutting Franks lead to us keeping an extra WR on the roster?

My guess would be no --they had 6 CBs last season and they have cut 2 of them Walls and Franks, I guess they will keep 5 of the CBs and 5 of the safeties not sure

It's the NFL, you aren't going to get a big return every time you touch the ball. But he presented the biggest threat on the roster to take one to the house, outside of Douglas, who I'd rather not have returning punts since we need him a lot more on offense than we needed Franks on defense.

I agree about Douglas. He's gonna be an important piece to our O, and don't want him hurt returning kicks.

A couple things here surprise me/make me wonder:

1) with the release of Lamark Brown (and Coffman), I wonder who the last TE will be.

2) I don't know how comfortable I am with the prospect of any of our starters returning punts.

A couple things here surprise me/make me wonder:

1) with the release of Lamark Brown (and Coffman), I wonder who the last TE will be.

2) I don't know how comfortable I am with the prospect of any of our starters returning punts.

Right now it looks like Tommy Gallarda won the job. But we might bring in someone who was cut by another team.