Franks Release According To Rotoworld

falcons007

LOL he outplayed Franks last year in the games he was in there. No one so far has told me why Franks was better than Owens except for some unknown potential.

I've seen Franks make more plays on the ball in his shorter amount of time in a Falcons jersey than I have Owens. Franks has 3 picks in 2 years, Owens has 3 picks in 3 years. I know these are just stats that don't tell the whole story but Franks has been more of a playmaker than Owens has.

Franks had 2 picks last year while Owens had zero. I'd say that Franks outplayed him last year.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Franks make more plays on the ball in his shorter amount of time in a Falcons jersey than I have Owens. Franks has 3 picks in 2 years, Owens has 3 picks in 3 years. I know these are just stats that don't tell the whole story but Franks has been more of a playmaker than Owens has.

LOL exactly stats don't tell whole picture .Franks had two picks last year but was beat badly, Eli Manning abused him and Franks was the only CB who gave up 2TD, more than 100 yards and 4 3rd down conversions most of them in all 3 Gaints scoring drives. If you have watched preseason games, all Blaine Gabbert and other QB did was throw at the receiver covered by Franks. I liked when he was drafted but there is no free lunch in NFL based on hype.

Edited by falcons007

Franks had 2 picks last year while Owens had zero. I'd say that Franks outplayed him last year.

This is why we are warned not to drink everyone's kool aid.

Owens was the best cornerback in that one playoff game last year were we lost 24 to 2? The one where Grimes didn't play? Not inspiring confidence lol

When you consider how good the defense played for the vast majority of the game it should be.

Right up until the end of the 3rd quarter our Defense was awesome.

Then they just gave out.

LOL exactly stats don't tell whole picture .Franks had two picks last year but was beat badly, Eli Manning abused him and Franks was the only CB who gave up 2TD, more than 100 yards and 4 3rd down conversions most of them in all 3 Gaints scoring drives. If you have watched preseason games, all Blaine Gabbert and other QB did was throw at the receiver covered by Franks. I liked when he was drafted but there is no free lunch in NFL based on hype.

I'm not going to worry too much about Franks, a second year guy, giving up some plays to a 2 time Super Bowl champion when his offense couldn't stay on the field. I mean, you are giving Franks h*ll for doing what Owens did just the year before.

This is why we are warned not to drink everyone's kool aid.

I don't even like Franks that much, I just don't like the move unless we have a better option, which right now, we don't. And I think that Owens just hasn't been as productive as needed, especially since he's been in the league longer and was drafted higher. I like Owens' hustle and he has physical talent but I haven't seen him live up to it.

f you have watched preseason games, all Blaine Gabbert and other QB did was throw at the receiver covered by Franks. I liked when he was drafted but there is no free lunch in NFL based on hype.

It was painful to watch Franks last night. A couple of great plays mixed in with a buttload of WTF.

I'm not going to worry too much about Franks, a second year guy, giving up some plays to a 2 time Super Bowl champion when his offense couldn't stay on the field. I mean, you are giving Franks h*ll for doing what Owens did just the year before.

Oh I bashed Chris Owens too and still do for GB debacle, just don't understand the praise for Franks when he did the same. Owens kind of made it up with improved play last year in the games he was in and especially in Playoffs where defended a pass in the end zone on 3rd down which resulted in a FG.

Oh I bashed Chris Owens too and still do for GB debacle, just don't understand the praise for Franks when he did the same. Owens kind of made it up with improved play last year in the games he was in and especially in Playoffs where defended a pass in the end zone on 3rd down which resulted in a FG.

But Franks, apparently, isn't getting that year after to make up for his performance. It's not like Owens looked great last year in the preseason or anything, people were saying it looked like it all was going to carry over. Like I said, I'm not really a fan of Franks one way or another, but he was the best option we had, I thought. Unless something is in the works with a corner that can return punts, I think it's a mistake.

I like Franks, but he was not looking that great. He has the one return in the first game and that was about it. I bet he is a quick pickup by somebody and would not suprise me if he ends up making a good impact for somebody. He has all the tools. Would have liked to keep him if this is true.