Franks Release According To Rotoworld

falcons007

Why am I not surprised about this move.

Update:I saw it on Rotoworld and now its gone. Should have taken a snapshot. May be some one leaked it early before a confirmation?

Update2: Confirmed by NFL site here

Franks is indeed gone according to NFL.

Edited by falcons007

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I am surprised. He didn't contribute much on the field on defense but I thought he locked up the return job. And he's still been better than Owens on defense. I don't see us keeping anyone on the roster over him so we much be planning on signing someone. I doubt they liked Thompson better.

Wow, I am surprised. He didn't contribute much on the field on defense but I thought he locked up the return job. And he's still been better than Owens on defense. I don't see us keeping anyone on the roster over him so we much be planning on signing someone. I doubt they liked Thompson better.

He was not better than Owens on defense. All Franks showed was how hyped up he really was.

He was not better than Owens on defense. All Franks showed was how hyped up he really was.

Neither of them did anything in the preseason to stand out either way. I'd take the guy that could return punts over the guy that can only run down a player before he scores after letting him get past him on a return in the first place.

Another failed Dimi corner pick. Jeez.

Another Dimi failed late round draft pick. One of those that every team has a lot of.

All this said, at least I won't have to be disturbed by this anymore...

Builder_1.jpg

Neither of them did anything in the preseason to stand out either way. I'd take the guy that could return punts over the guy that can only run down a player before he scores after letting him get past him on a return in the first place.

Another Dimi failed late round draft pick. One of those that every team has a lot of.

Owens was falcons best CB in playoffs. In the game against Houston, Owens restricted Andre Johnson to 5 yards in 3 attempts while Franks gave up long 50 yard play in the only snap he covered Andre. Lot of people still hate him for GB debacle but he is much better than what every one says. Owens can't play Nickel but he is a good outside CB.

Owens was falcons best CB in playoffs. In the game against Houston, Owens restricted Andre Johnson to 5 yards in 3 attempts while Franks gave up long 50 yard play in the only snap he covered Andre. Lot of people still hate him for GB debacle but he is much better than what every one says. Owens can't play Nickel but he is a good outside CB.

Owens was the best cornerback in that one playoff game last year were we lost 24 to 2? The one where Grimes didn't play? Not inspiring confidence lol

Franks was getting beat consistently. And he really only had one "Good" return.

It's the NFL, you aren't going to get a big return every time you touch the ball. But he presented the biggest threat on the roster to take one to the house, outside of Douglas, who I'd rather not have returning punts since we need him a lot more on offense than we needed Franks on defense.

I think you forgot how Owens really played. He was a hot mess. And it's not the fact that ARod picked on him the entire game. It's the fact that he completely dismantled the guy, banged his mom and his GF in between passes, and left Owens standing there with this dumba55 look on his face...

Glad to see TD is cleaning house. Good time to start doing it. This coming draft looks to be loaded. Might as well get ready to take advantage of it.

So there might be something to that sacrificial cows thing after all...

Owens was the best cornerback in that one playoff game last year were we lost 24 to 2? The one where Grimes didn't play? Not inspiring confidence lol

LOL he outplayed Franks last year in the games he was in there. No one so far has told me why Franks was better than Owens except for some unknown potential.

LOL he outplayed Franks last year in the games he was in there. No one so far has told me why Franks was better than Owens except for some unknown potential.

They can't. He is all potential/hype and very little production. Big name, small play. At least Owens was decent on the outside. Franks was getting beat by back ups that won't make the roster.

It's the NFL, you aren't going to get a big return every time you touch the ball. But he presented the biggest threat on the roster to take one to the house, outside of Douglas, who I'd rather not have returning punts since we need him a lot more on offense than we needed Franks on defense.

I get that, and I completely agree. But out of 6 PRs, he had a total of 70 yds. Take away that 45yd return, and he wasn't doing that good. 5yds a return...