Which Politician Do You Really Side With, And How Much?

Free Radical

Found a great quiz online that allows you to take a variety of positions on a diverse range of subjects, establish which ones you feel are most/least important to you, and then it will tell you how much you side with various candidates with a percentage based answer. It also includes results from various websites and how much respondents from each states sided with various candidates.

Tl:dr: It's a pretty detailed quiz. Try it out

http://www.isidewith.com

Edited by Free Radical

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took this a month or so ago and I had to take it twice because the first time I got Gary Johnson and Ron Paul based on how much I agreed with them on environmental issues, even though I didn't agree with them at all. After figuring out how the quiz is biased I then got Jill Stein at 80% or so, Obama at around 72%, and Gary Johnson around 70%. Romney and that Constitutional Party candidate were at or below 15%.

I took this a month or so ago and I had to take it twice because the first time I got Gary Johnson and Ron Paul based on how much I agreed with them on environmental issues, even though I didn't agree with them at all. After figuring out how the quiz is biased I then got Jill Stein at 80% or so, Obama at around 72%, and Gary Johnson around 70%. Romney and that Constitutional Party candidate were at or below 15%.

I didn't move the sliding scale of how important each issue was to me. I wonder if that skewed my results?

I didn't move the sliding scale of how important each issue was to me. I wonder if that skewed my results?

The problem is that they don't have an equal amount of questions for the categories, so if you put both of the environmental issues are very important to you then that will count more overall than something like the social issues that have about eight questions and you put only two are very important for you there. So if you didn't move any then they're all technically equal but it can't tell which issues are more important to you. You just have to figure out how to manipulate to get what you really want.