Suprising Cut Possibilities.................

Peyton

Wouldn't they have put Walls on the IR like Ewing and Svitek if they planned on bringing him back?

or the PUP list with Peters?

PUP list only allows 1 player, which is Peters. IR is done for the year, Walls is done for 4-6 weeks, I think in the past they would have PUP listed him but the CBA changed the rules....or I'm way misinformed! Either one is possible!

Meier and Schillinger won't shock me at all. The other 3 would.

Snelling is interesting...he's hurt I guess? (Haven't been paying attention...just know he hasn't played). That said I still don't think our FO is ready to go with Turner and put all their faith in Quizz and Smith as his backups.

Did Mike Cox get cut and I missed it? I didn't see him on the alleged depth chart someone posted earlier this week.

Shillinger should go.....Snelling would shock and dissappoint me, but I think they have him in thier game plan, just the injury threw things off

Baker has looked good during preseason so I don't see that as a possibility.

Along the lines you'd actually say Clabo has looked pretty bad on occasion, he's lucky we don't have good RT depth.

I could envisage Adkins and Schillinger losing their spots.

Andrew Jackson is a dead man walking.

PUP list only allows 1 player, which is Peters. IR is done for the year, Walls is done for 4-6 weeks, I think in the past they would have PUP listed him but the CBA changed the rules....or I'm way misinformed! Either one is possible!

Sorry I did not know the PUP list rules had been changed also has not heard anything on the extent of Walls injury ----haven't they carried injured players on the active roster for 4/5 weeks in the past(Norwood/Dahl in 10)? Must not think Walls is worth all that effort.

Edited by delaigle

The NFL just announced that there is going to be one injury reserve "exception" this year, meaning they are going to allow teams to pull one player off or injured reserve during the season and let them play.

Effectively I guess this creates a second PUP player, and it will probably effect what happens with one of these injured Falcons players.

The main reasons I listed Snelling and Meier as possibilities is that they are hurt and we really have no idea of knowing how seriously. If either one of them were to be able to play tonight, I'd certainly say the odds would be low of either one of them being cut.

I think the team has big plans for Snelling, and are just taking it easy with his injury. If he was going to be cut, then I think we would have already seen an injury settlement or him being put on the PUP.

There will probably be some shockers, just like last week with Walls. I won't try to predict them though b/c every year, I'm wrong, hence the word "shocker". I will say that if you're naming names, then these aren't really shockers b/c you're expecting this. There will be shocking cuts but they will be the ones that you don't see coming.

There will probably be some shockers, just like last week with Walls. I won't try to predict them though b/c every year, I'm wrong, hence the word "shocker". I will say that if you're naming names, then these aren't really shockers b/c you're expecting this. There will be shocking cuts but they will be the ones that you don't see coming.

Well almost everybody disagrees with me on the names I listed, so I think they still qualify maybe as shockers.

Do you think we will see any shockers tomorrow?

I wouldn't be too surprised to see any of these guys cut tommorrow.

Snelling (last year of contract, diminishing use and production, injured)

Meier (Never shown anything in a real game, didn't show anything in this preseason, injured)

Baker (If Holmes is great tonight, I can see the team cutting Baker and picking up depth from the waiver wire cheap)

Shann Schillinger (Is that surprising? Maybe not, but he's been regarded as an important special teams player)

Who you got?

Even if Holmes is great tonight it will be against a bunch of scrubs more than likely. They won't bet Holmes over Baker when Holmes has been very limited looks due to injury. Not to mention there would be some scarly lack of depth. Baker has actually performed fairly well so far.

I would be shocked to see Owens, Franks and Meirer get cut.

TD and Smitty have a stubborn streak when it comes time

to cut loose the scrubs.

Owens and Franks have been here too long to have not

claimed a starting spot.

Meirer,,, I mean, like WTF, this guy has not produced Jack.