Suprising Cut Possibilities.................

Peyton

Do you think we will see any shockers tomorrow?

I wouldn't be too surprised to see any of these guys cut tommorrow.

Snelling (last year of contract, diminishing use and production, injured)

Meier (Never shown anything in a real game, didn't show anything in this preseason, injured)

Baker (If Holmes is great tonight, I can see the team cutting Baker and picking up depth from the waiver wire cheap)

Shann Schillinger (Is that surprising? Maybe not, but he's been regarded as an important special teams player)

Who you got?

Baker: Won't be cut. Smith pretty much implied throughout the offseason that he will get another chance to shine. Snelling: I believe re-signed for a 3 year deal this offseason.

I agree about Baker.

He hasn't looked that bad in pre-season and I would think they would keep him from depth unless a quality LT somehow ended up on the market.

I think Snelling signed a 1 year deal. I could see him getting released but his ability to line up as a FB helps his case to stay.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

mmmm goo question. I just don't see baker, meier, snelling going.

in my opininon Shan should be, but we have no one to replace him. charles mitchell looks worse though.

The main reasons I listed Snelling and Meier as possibilities is that they are hurt and we really have no idea of knowing how seriously. If either one of them were to be able to play tonight, I'd certainly say the odds would be low of either one of them being cut.

No way Baker gets cut Peyton. Go watch the man play so far. He's been our best OLine, arguably. Listing him is based on past performance, not this preseason. Holmes looked good in limited action, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

If you cut Meier, who is you 4th and 5th WR? Ocho and TO? I doubt they cut Meier but it wouldn't surprise me. Only if a surprising WR cut happens elsewhere.

I'd throw McCown, Owens, and Hope in there. McCown and Hope because they aren't factors on special teams. Owens because there is a new DC evaluating him who might see what the rest of us have been seeing for years.

Nobody has been harder on Owens than me, but I'd be surprised to see him cut at this point....just based on the other available options.

I fully expect McCown to be cut after tonight.

If you cut Meier, who is you 4th and 5th WR? Ocho and TO? I doubt they cut Meier but it wouldn't surprise me. Only if a surprising WR cut happens elsewhere.

I have no idea......but if a guy isn't healthy enough to practice, what good is he doing you being on the roster?

The main reasons I listed Snelling and Meier as possibilities is that they are hurt and we really have no idea of knowing how seriously. If either one of them were to be able to play tonight, I'd certainly say the odds would be low of either one of them being cut.

Then why isn't Owens also on your list? or is he scheduled to play tonight? or do you know how bad his injury is? Has he returned to practice?

oops sorry I skipped several post

Edited by delaigle

I agree about Baker.

He hasn't looked that bad in pre-season and I would think they would keep him from depth unless a quality LT somehow ended up on the market.

I think Snelling signed a 1 year deal. I could see him getting released but his ability to line up as a FB helps his case to stay.

He hasn't looked bad? I beg to differ sir. he's had more negative plays than Svitek or Holmes have had total plays.

Then why isn't Owens also on your list? or is he scheduled to play tonight? or do you know how bad his injury is? Has he returned to practice?

oops sorry I skipped several post

I guess that would be me being uninformed lol. I didn't know Owens was hurt.

Owens won't get cut, with Walls hurt there is no way, if anyone was going to take his job it was Walls. I could see Thompson making the PS squad as a safety net until Walls returns from injury.

Wouldn't they have put Walls on the IR like Ewing and Svitek if they planned on bringing him back?

or the PUP list with Peters?

Edited by delaigle

LOL I am having deja vu. Weren't you and I on the exact opposite ends of the Chris Owens conversation last year?

Lol yes we were. The difference is last year we didn't have Samuel. Owens would be the 5th CB at this point now instead of fighting to be the third. Why waste the time anymore? The only way I'd keep him is if I plan on taking a corner in the mid rounds (3rd-5th) next year and bump him off then.

Do you think we will see any shockers tomorrow?

I wouldn't be too surprised to see any of these guys cut tommorrow.

Snelling (last year of contract, diminishing use and production, injured)

Meier (Never shown anything in a real game, didn't show anything in this preseason, injured)

Baker (If Holmes is great tonight, I can see the team cutting Baker and picking up depth from the waiver wire cheap)

Shann Schillinger (Is that surprising? Maybe not, but he's been regarded as an important special teams player)

Who you got?

Meier and Schillinger won't shock me at all. The other 3 would.

Snelling is interesting...he's hurt I guess? (Haven't been paying attention...just know he hasn't played). That said I still don't think our FO is ready to go with Turner and put all their faith in Quizz and Smith as his backups.

Did Mike Cox get cut and I missed it? I didn't see him on the alleged depth chart someone posted earlier this week.