Where Are The Black People At The Rnc Convention?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I forgot that we think like that on this board. My bad. I thought by seeing some examples that others see, maybe you'd get my drift. I guess that's not going to happen around here, you HAVE to drop anything else you may do to answer a personal question. Gotcha.

See, I use to watch Reagan a lot. I watch him now. Obama has said many of the same things as well as used many similar policies. There are a lot of things, but I said what I said. He reminds me of Reagan. Hearing it and seeing it elsewhere was just confirmation that I wasn't the only one who saw it. You know I actually do have a mind and life of my own right?

Yes, I do know that you have your own mind. That is why I asked you. If I wanted to read Ezra Klein, then I wouldnt need to talk to you at all. I do not see the similarity that you are suggesting. I am more interested in what you have to say than what Ezra Klein has to say. I dont see how asking you what you mean is demanding that you drop everything else. I told my younger brother yesterday that Paul Ryan reminds me of him. He asked me why. I told him that Ryan is very matter of fact, cocky, but not egotistical. It would have been very strange for me to tell him to google Paul Ryan to get my opinion. So, you think that they are similar, but you cant put your finger on why you think so?

Edited by Flip Flop

Yes, I do know that you have your own mind. That is why I asked you. If I wanted to read Ezra Klein, then I wouldnt need to talk to you at all. I don not see the similarity that you are suggesting. I am more interested in what you have to say than what Ezra Klein has to say. I dont see how asking you what you mean is demanding that you drop everything else. I told my younger brother yesterday that Paul Ryan reminds me of him. He asked me why. I told him that Ryan is very matter of fact, cocky, but not egotistical. It would have been very strange for me to tell him to google Paul Ryan to get my opinion. So, you think that they are similar, but you cant put your finger on why you think so?

Sorry for biting at you. That's pretty much it. I personally can't place it. Maybe its the fact they are both idealogues and they way they go about it. Not all that sure, but its something I see. I have spoken on it a few times in the past, but my answer is always..."can't say for sure, but its there and won't go away."

Maybe its the close family resemblence. No clue.

I thought we were all supposed to be the same, regardless of skin color....so.....what does it matter if there are Black people or not? Are you saying that all Black people think the same? Is that why they're not there? If they you believe they all think the same...then you have no right to accuse anyone of being a racist.

In truth, the "Black" people have been trained

I stopped at "trained".

And I addressed that also.

He kept saying " look at the stage" and I said " look at the white house"

Its like he refuses to accept reality because black people terrify him.

You asked the original question in this thread. He answered it with "look at the stage."

What the **** does the White House have to do with your original question, or even Steve's answer? Oh, that's right. You were just race baiting. You are a masterbaiter. Congrats on your single skillset.

One thing is for sure, the democratic party has certainly not advanced the black population since they embraced it in the 1970's.

I don't think that's true. There have been a few Dem-back initiatives in the past that have benefitted the black community. What the Dems really have going for them is that (outside of Biden) most know how to talk to minority groups without being insulting.

I don't think that's true. There have been a few Dem-back initiatives in the past that have benefitted the black community. What the Dems really have going for them is that (outside of Biden) most know how to talk to minority groups without being insulting.

Every other minority group has passed the black community in terms of progress. Many other minorities come to this country without the benefit of family and speaking the language, yet they succeed in less than a generation what the black community hasn't done in 3 generations. I know it's a complicated issue, but one thing is sure, the democrats have failed their largest minority group.

Yes

I thought so. Reagan actually raised taxes. I think that very few people realize that the economic toolbox is the same for the left as it is for the right. The difference is how they are employed. From an empirical standpoint, raising or lowering taxes does the same thing whether or not it is done by a Republican or a Democrat.

Every other minority group has passed the black community in terms of progress.  Many other minorities come to this country without the benefit of family and speaking the language, yet they succeed in less than a generation what the black community hasn't done in 3 generations.  I know it's a complicated issue, but one thing is sure, the democrats have failed their largest minority group.

Change takes time and some of that change has to come from within the black community itself and not just from one party. That's my view. Plus, other ethnic groups your mentioning haven't had to go through the same path of adversity as American Blacks historically in this country. It hasn't even been 50 years yet since the Civil Right Act was passed. One can't expect things to right themselves after so short a time. Change takes time and things are getting better

Change takes time and some of that change has to come from within the black community itself and not just one party. That's my view. Plus, other ethnic groups your mentioning haven't had to go through the same path of adversity as American Blacks historically in this country. It hasn't even been 50 years yet since the Civil Right Act was passed. One can't expect things to right themselves after so short a time. Change takes time and things are getting better

In those fifty years many things have gotten worse than the fifty years before. It is inexplicable that our education system fails African Americans so profoundly.

Edited by Flip Flop