Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sports are best enjoyed when you ride the wave. It's not just about the destination, but also the journey. Every victory and loss is a part of the story.

Know why Atlanta fans usually suck? Because the only thing most of them ever want to celebrate is a championship. Anything less and they spend the rest of the year moping about the "same old Falcons/Braves/Hawks." No excitement, no passion, just a year-round "kill me now" attitude.

Sports are best enjoyed when you ride the wave. It's not just about the destination, but also the journey. Every victory and loss is a part of the story.

Know why Atlanta fans usually suck? Because the only thing most of them ever want to celebrate is a championship. Anything less and they spend the rest of the year moping about the "same old Falcons/Braves/Hawks." No excitement, no passion, just a year-round "kill me now" attitude.

Great post man !

Edited by Tuggle2

After reading your post, I find it riddled with inaccuracies and lame extrapolations about what to expect this year based off a few preseason games which did NOT include ANY of the new offensive or defensive schemes, save for a few screen passes on offense. This is not the same team by a long shot and I'm going to continue to look forward to this season with the highest expectations I've ever had for a Falcon team. Please take your wet blanket pessimism and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Let's put it this way - the regular season doesn't matter, unless the Falcons don't make the playoffs at all.

If the Falcons score 600 points during the regular season, it won't matter if the Falcons offense clams up in the post season.

I'm optimistic that this is the year the Falcons advance in the playoffs, but because I think Matt is ready to man up, not because I think Koetter is bringing some new philosophy to the offense.

The Falcons basically kept the same offense and added a few screen passes.

You are adamant about something you really don't know ~ and can't know ~ until the regular season starts. You and FFS70 are starting to sound like freaking twins.

You are adamant about something you really don't know ~ and can't know ~ until the regular season starts. You and FFS70 are starting to sound like freaking twins.

I didn't make this up, they have stated it plainly on two of the Falcons preseason broadcast.

They even said that Koetter had to learn the Falcons (Mularkey's) terminology, and not the other way around.

Peyton is on a quick train to swift land.

I don't know what that means but it sounds like a fun place.

Let's put it this way - the regular season doesn't matter, unless the Falcons don't make the playoffs at all.

If the Falcons score 600 points during the regular season, it won't matter if the Falcons offense clams up in the post season.

I'm optimistic that this is the year the Falcons advance in the playoffs, but because I think Matt is ready to man up, not because I think Koetter is bringing some new philosophy to the offense.

+1 Real Talk

Expecting your team to fail is a new and different definition of optimistic that I was previously unaware of.

I stand by my statement, be as miserable as you wish, just don't insist I join you or act as if it's a superior way to be a fan.

When does skepticism equate with misery? I didn't say anything about the Falcons failing. I am simply not overly excited. You have not only a different definition of optimism than I do, but also what constitutes misery.

Football is entertainment to me. It is not the end all be all. I want the Falcons to do well, but being honest about the situation, I am left a skeptic. Doesn't mean that I think they will fail. It just means I don't have high expectations, or low expectations for that matter.

Look up the words skepticism and misery, and expand your vocabulary. You are assuming that I am expecting the team to fail when I predicted the Falcons will be 11-5 in another thread, I just don't have my hopes high for the playoffs. Don't be so **** overly dramatic. Jeesh.

Convoluted and twisted logic at it's best.

"I'll never ask that hot girl out because I don't expect her to say yes. Now if she just happens to have a thing for me and throws herself at me then I'll be pleasantly surprised and things will work out great."

Make friends with your hand.

Gritz you are assuming I use the same logic on all aspects in my life. In life I am not merely an observer but actively take part in it and bare the consequences for my actions.

As a fan of a team, the wins and losses have no bearing on my life. Being optimistic of a team does not equate to both being optimistic AND taking risks.

There is no risk being a fan. You take no action, one way or another, and there are no consequences for rooting for one team or another.

Being optimistic about a team has no bearing if the team will do well or not, while taking a risk in asking a girl out does. Talk about stupid logic. Not only did you make a poor analogy, but your cooelation does not equate to causation.

When does skepticism equate with misery? I didn't say anything about the Falcons failing. I am simply not overly excited. You have not only a different definition of optimism than I do, but also what constitutes misery.

Football is entertainment to me. It is not the end all be all. I want the Falcons to do well, but being honest about the situation, I am left a skeptic. Doesn't mean that I think they will fail. It just means I don't have high expectations, or low expectations for that matter.

Look up the words skepticism and misery, and expand your vocabulary. You are assuming that I am expecting the team to fail when I predicted the Falcons will be 11-5 in another thread, I just don't have my hopes high for the playoffs. Don't be so **** overly dramatic. Jeesh.

Who is being dramatic? I quoted The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, how can that be overly dramatic?