Curb Your Enthusiasm

Honestly, the Falcons kept Mularkey's entire offense. They just added screen passes, which are also an extension of the run game.

As far as the YPA thing, it went up last year by almost a full yard, but Matt bears some responsibility for choosing most often to make the "safe" throw.

Nobody complained about it too much when the Falcons were going 13-3 though.

I think adding RBs to the passing games is going to be pretty significant.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame because more fans like you should. I was listening to 790 the zone this morning, and it only confirmed that we might have the worst fanbase in all of sports. You had fans of other teams calling in and calling our fans crazy. You'd think Matt threw a pick every throw. The good fans need to shame the crap fans into submission.

It's a good thing that my fanhood is based on the logo on the helmet, the red and black, and not the bandwagon. I'm at the point where the "Atlanta" in the name Atlanta Falcons doesn't matter to me anymore, because the city doesn't seem to give a crap about the team.

This is the most promising preseason I've seen since we've been under this regime, and here we are crying again.

From now on, when we don't win a Super Bowl, I'm going to start blaming fans like Muskoka and Swift, because it's just as asinine as anything they're whining about. Our suffering is karma for having a sh** fanbase. It's sad, because the few that are great fans like you, Tandy, Supes, and the other die-hards on this board deserve better.

Anyone suffering because of anything fanbase related is hopelessly stupid and deserves the suffering.

It's a shame because more fans like you should. I was listening to 790 the zone this morning, and it only confirmed that we might have the worst fanbase in all of sports. You had fans of other teams calling in and calling our fans crazy. You'd think Matt threw a pick every throw. The good fans need to shame the crap fans into submission.

It's a good thing that my fanhood is based on the logo on the helmet, the red and black, and not the bandwagon. I'm at the point where the "Atlanta" in the name Atlanta Falcons doesn't matter to me anymore, because the city doesn't seem to give a crap about the team.

This is the most promising preseason I've seen since we've been under this regime, and here we are crying again.

From now on, when we don't win a Super Bowl, I'm going to start blaming fans like Muskoka and Swift, because it's just as asinine as anything they're whining about. Our suffering is karma for having a sh** fanbase. It's sad, because the few that are great fans like you, Tandy, Supes, and the other die-hards on this board deserve better.

I have often wondered how the Falcons would be treated if they moved to LA. I really think all of a sudden they would have better fans which is sad. It would be a shame for the true fans in the ATL area.

I have often wondered how the Falcons would be treated if they moved to LA. I really think all of a sudden they would have better fans which is sad. It would be a shame for the true fans in the ATL area.

The LA metropolitan area has 17 million people but they haven't been able to hold onto a football team. That should tell you something about the quality of football fan there.

Honestly, the Falcons kept Mularkey's entire offense. They just added screen passes, which are also an extension of the run game.

As far as the YPA thing, it went up last year by almost a full yard, but Matt bears some responsibility for choosing most often to make the "safe" throw.

Nobody complained about it too much when the Falcons were going 13-3 though.

I think we will see changes from MMs play book. I agree they kept a lot of the terminology the same and some plays, but it won't be the same play book. Even of we kept the same play book I wouldn't be upset if Koetter was a better play caller which he's looking to be. Plus Koetter will have more options for Ryan to throw to and also better designed routes. That's not even counting screens or even getting HD involved that MM failed to do.

I'm not trying to tell you to go all doom and gloom or anything, just remember how previous seasons have went. The Falcons will not be world beaters and blow every opponent out. They return with the same offensive and defensive lines as last season. They return with essentially the same offense as last season. Even the defense has remained largely intact, but the point is, we've seen what this composition is capable of already. The birds will win some close games and lose others. Their will be a roller coaster ride of emotion from week to week depending on the outcomes.

So if Matty doesn't win a playoff game, I won't be surprised. I also won't be beating my chest if he does. Julio could regress massively and I would except that for a while before I start to question him, or he will play how he should and I'll be satisfied, but I won't be screaming and yelling in everybody's face about how good or bad he is. Turner could finally flame out and I'll reflect on just how good he was for us the last four years, or I could laugh hysterically at all those that questioned him if he blows up.

The point is, don't get too high, don't get too low. Maintain your emotions until there is something worth getting crazy over... like a Lombardi.

It's preseason. Every team has fans excited about the season. Otherwise what's the point in even watching? Whether I think the Falcons will go 19-0 or will be a total failure will have zero affect on the team.

Like many other Falcons fans I have concerns but for the most part I am very excited about the Falcons this year on both sides of the ball.

As a Falcons fan of 40+ years I have lived in the Atlanta area my entire life. I remember a time, way before the internet many of the locals would laugh if you said you were a Falcon fan or just go on and on about how awful they were and guess what they were awful in most of those years.

What I see now are Falcons DMV issued license plates more often than I see UGA license plates which have dominated the roadways and parking lots for years. I've been going to the training camps in Flowery Branch since it moved up there and it went from a more casual affair to shoulder to shoulder when camp opens. The tailgates and the CNN Center are flooded with Falcons jerseys instead of the other team which used to walk up and down the street like a parade or take over the Dome starting with the ticket lines to get in. Not anymore.

I think you are getting a bad sample of the Atlanta fan base and I hear the samething echoed by other out of state Falcons fans. I liken the extreme callers on the radio to the same attention starved trolls that hang around on here.

I said it in the 70's and I say it now. I don't give a dayum what other people think the Falcons have and always will be my team. I have only missed one game in 15 years at the Dome and I knew before the game would start that it will probably be a bad one. I've cheered when sometimes I felt like the only person in the stadium. I've walked out of the stadium after a blowout with dead slient crowds to the other teams fans taking over with wild abandon. So if I am willing to endure all that why would I abandon the team with so much promise?

The season hasn't started, and the offense looks nearly ready to start kicking some serious tail. Likewise with the defense. I plan to clap this season, and I plan to scream in agony a few times as well.

In other words, it's football as usual.

Edited by Carl927

Peyton's getting into the 'back to school' spirit...taking the little ones to class!

....and staying in that same spirit make sure you don't miss it tomorrow when the short bus pulls up in front of your house.

How is that 75% completion rate working out for you? Willing to admit the Falcons offense met your lofty pre season goals?

He's not going to own up to that.

He's the very definition of a troll.

Don't believe me?:

idiottroll2.jpg

As a Falcons fan of 40+ years I have lived in the Atlanta area my entire life. I remember a time, way before the internet many of the locals would laugh if you said you were a Falcon fan or just go on and on about how awful they were and guess what they were awful in most of those years.

What I see now are Falcons DMV issued license plates more often than I see UGA license plates which have dominated the roadways and parking lots for years. I've been going to the training camps in Flowery Branch since it moved up there and it went from a more casual affair to shoulder to shoulder when camp opens. The tailgates and the CNN Center are flooded with Falcons jerseys instead of the other team which used to walk up and down the street like a parade or take over the Dome starting with the ticket lines to get in. Not anymore.

I think you are getting a bad sample of the Atlanta fan base and I hear the samething echoed by other out of state Falcons fans. I liken the extreme callers on the radio to the same attention starved trolls that hang around on here.

I said it in the 70's and I say it now. I don't give a dayum what other people think the Falcons have and always will be my team. I have only missed one game in 15 years at the Dome and I knew before the game would start that it will probably be a bad one. I've cheered when sometimes I felt like the only person in the stadium. I've walked out of the stadium after a blowout with dead slient crowds to the other teams fans taking over with wild abandon. So if I am willing to endure all that why would I abandon the team with so much promise?

I'm with you. I don't live down there anymore, so you're right, I'm probably getting a bad sample. I go by what I hear, read, and see with my so called Falcons fan friends that I hang out with when I'm in Georgia. I see the crowds when I watch the games on TV, I've been to a couple games. There are a lot of great fans. It's just sucks to see us live up to other people's stereotypes.

No one wants success more than I do, I just don't understand the constant desire to dismantle the parts where we are successful.

With greater expectations bigger LET DOWNS ...

Why does it seem like more fans are negative now they were years when we were worse ..Everything in life is what have you done for me lately ..The past 2 seasons have been some of the biggest let downs as a Falcon fan I have ever encountered cause I started to believe the Falcons were a actual championship contender team .Back when the Falcons were not relevant and bottom feeders of the league I will say most of fan base was happy go lucky just enjoying the game of football.There wasnt negativity around Falcons football ..It was go out to game watch game and come home we were good ..We watched the 49ers run through us back in the old west ..That is why 98' was special cause it was out of the blue..Not 1 Falcon fan felt that team could make it to Super Bowl but they did ..They played with heart/passion and as a team ..

The past 2 years this team has more talent then the 98' team can ever dream yet they go out and get man handled in both playoff games..That is where the negativity comes from ..Its one thing to lose a close playoff game where you fought hard ..This team basically walked through 2 post season games...There was great expectations both seasons ..It makes long time Falcon fans think " yeah Falcons are good football team we have proved that winning 4 straight seasons " but are we a championship team ..Do we have what it takes...Im not emotionally invested like I have been the past 2 seasons cause I feel we will be on the down side ..I feel this team will still be competitive 10-6 make playoffs but I dont see a championship team..That could be the case why fans are negative maybe cause they waited long to experience what other fan bases have felt when a team holds a Lombardi

One of worst fears I have as a Falcon fan is having to burying my old man without winning a ring..Its a bond between father and son and I hope to pass down on my child one day ..He brought me up as a Falcons fan ..Im a Falcon fan because of him ..

Stopposting.jpg

I'm not trying to tell you to go all doom and gloom or anything, just remember how previous seasons have went. The Falcons will not be world beaters and blow every opponent out. They return with the same offensive and defensive lines as last season. They return with essentially the same offense as last season. Even the defense has remained largely intact, but the point is, we've seen what this composition is capable of already. The birds will win some close games and lose others. Their will be a roller coaster ride of emotion from week to week depending on the outcomes.

So if Matty doesn't win a playoff game, I won't be surprised. I also won't be beating my chest if he does. Julio could regress massively and I would except that for a while before I start to question him, or he will play how he should and I'll be satisfied, but I won't be screaming and yelling in everybody's face about how good or bad he is. Turner could finally flame out and I'll reflect on just how good he was for us the last four years, or I could laugh hysterically at all those that questioned him if he blows up.

The point is, don't get too high, don't get too low. Maintain your emotions until there is something worth getting crazy over... like a Lombardi.

I disagree. We've got new coordinators, and that alone makes the team very different regardless of personnel.

I'm sensible enough to not get overly worked up about anything with this organization (it is after all just entertainment), but I like our chances this year. I also see a team that is capable of overcoming slow starts and mistakes. There's nothing wrong with getting excited if you want to.

Why do people always do this? "Keep your emotions in check, curb your enthusiasm, temper your expectations, etc."

This is f*cking football and it comes around once a year. Go absolutely insane with your fandom. Expect us to go 19-0 and win the next 10 Super Bowls.

Professional sports aren't important enough to have actual real emotions about. Love the game, get hammered with your friends every Sunday, try to at least support the team financially once a year by going to the game, and have fun. You're not a member of the team, it's not that big a deal.

People are seriously starting to call Peyton a troll now, too? These boards are nutty sometimes...he's just stating an opinion.

No I don't think anybody called me a troll. I think people just said I've been negative. I'm not, I'm really excited about the season, just not buying into the "Koetter will unleash Ryan" story line that is so popular.