Re: Elite Qb's - Release Time

Rivers release>>>>>>>>>>

Ryan's release has looked better this year, especially under pressure...that toss on the sideline against the Ravens with a big ugly rushing him was beautiful

I concur...this year he seems to be more decisive. I guess he's more comfortable with the work put in by our Oline.

Tebows release time is almost 0.48 or more & his arm is much stronger then all above I think

Tebow,s arm strength is pretty much a moot point since any given pass might bounce twice before getting to the receiver or kill a beer vendor in the 10th row.

What the heck is a freaking elite QB??? There are only two types of QB's to be very honest. One that can get you there and one that can't.

That's why I use the term game manager so much, because that's basically what a QB does at some point or another during a game. Elite? Wow. Bet there are a few "non elite" QB's with some serious release time too.

What the heck is a freaking elite QB??? There are only two types of QB's to be very honest. One that can get you there and one that can't.

That's why I use the term game manager so much, because that's basically what a QB does at some point or another during a game. Elite? Wow. Bet there are a few "non elite" QB's with some serious release time too.

My release time is pretty sick, but I suck at QBing.

status of "elite" comes with ONE thing i.e SUPER BOWL WIN

Game Managers can get you in playoffs but, an ELITE QB (Brees, Rodgers, Brady & THE SHERIFF) with an impeccable throwing mechanics , faster release time w/ laser accuracy gets you the ultimate prize.

We know why "game managers" like Romo & RIvers have struggled over the years.

So DO you know what Ryans release time is?

We all know he's got everything to be elite ...but, in this pass happy league QB's release time has an important role to play.

Game Managers can get you in playoffs but, an ELITE QB (Brees, Rodgers, Brady & THE SHERIFF) with an impeccable throwing mechanics , faster release time w/ laser accuracy gets you the ultimate prize.

We all know he's got everything to be elite ...but, in this pass happy league QB's release time has an important role to play.

Who cares... Marc Bulger literally has the fastest release known to man as previously stated, and he's a crappy QB.

Romo and Rivers aren't game managers. They are playmakers but aren't elite playmakers. Romo is a very good playmaker and Rivers is a good playmaker. Rivers is an elite thrower of the football. Romo is a very good thrower of the Football. They both have a lack of intangiables that hurt them because they are more than talented to win a Super Bowl for their club. Game managers are guys like Ryan, Pennington, Hasslebeck, and Aikman. These guys can't carry a team but they can win a Super Bowl if you give them the great defense and a great running game. Truth be told, they do not need great receivers but it doesn't hurt if you have them.

There are pure passers and elite playmakers.

Elite playmakers are Newton, Vick, Brady, Cunningham, Elway, Montana, S. Young, both Mannings, Rodgers, Brees and Big Ben. Brees, Rodgers, Mannings, Young, and Brady are elite throwers of the Football as well. When you are both, you can be a GOAT QB.

Elite pure passers are guys like Marino, Moon, Rivers, Warner, etc where they need the weapons to be truly effective but when they have them, their numbers are the class of the league because of their ability to throw the ball all over the field and make the great pinpoint pass.

Edited by The Immortal #1 pick

Who cares... Marc Bulger literally has the fastest release known to man as previously stated, and he's a crappy QB.

He is not a good thrower of the football nor is he a playmaker. You can have a partculiar skill you do better than anyone else but you need a multifaceted of those skills to be considered in a package. Warren Moon runs a 4.5 and Dominique Davis runs a 4.48 but neither would be considered mobile QB's. While Locker runs a 4.58 and Tebow runs a 4.7 and is consider a mobile QB.

MR's release is fine. The difference between him and the QBs you list are how he handles pressure/sells the play.

Release time can be a pro/con depending on the situation. We need to be judging MR on his ability to hold/manipulate line backers and

safeties...this is the crossroads for MR.

Release time has little if anything to do with playing QB. Release time just allows you to get the ball out your hand, so you can play in the league longer. John Skelton probably has quickest release in the league. QB release is based on mechanics and throwing motion, starting at the time your non throwing hands leaves the ball to the time the last finger is in contact with the ball. A quarterback’s reaction time is not a big deal because he’s relying on a predesigned play.