Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdawg4876

Smitty Says Starters Will Play Against Jags

78 posts in this topic

They'll probably play 2-4 series. But if DD plays in the sets behind MR and does good then CR could be out of a job. Because if we cut CR, we can always resign him if needed, know one else is going to sign him.

I didn't hear that. I believe that he said that that has yet to be determined.

he said they would play but play time has yet to be determined

Nah, this is not a good idea. Just play the back-ups and give them one last opportunity. I'm starting to lose my patience with Smith. Reminds me of Bobby Cox. Least fave HC of all time.

Same here.

Instead, put Redman and Davis out there with the second team. Have them go head to head. Figure out the oline. That should be just about it.

Holmes, Blalock, Hawley, Konz, Clabo.......we need to see that line get a series

This is prob next years starting lineup...

After the way the team stumbled out of the gate vs the Dolphins, if I were HC I'd also trot the first-teamers out there for a series or two. Right now there's not much of a feeling they've established any solid baseline of performance to take into the regular season on either side of the ball.

If Smitty wants to go with a vanilla game plan like the 3rd pre season game, whats the point in putting the starters?

my thoughts exactly, I realize that it gets the starters more reps but the Phins game was completed wasted as far as our starters go. We had a good showing our first two games and dialed it back to Smitty ball when we had our best opportunity to gel as a team before the season starts.

I've been on the anti-smitty bandwagon for a few years now, will be more than happy to move over to make some room for some of you fellas.

I've been on the anti-smitty bandwagon for a few years now, will be more than happy to move over to make some room for some of you fellas.

That bandwagon should crash and burn. It has a drunk at the wheel.

Geneaut and hjerry like this