Might Be One Of Tds Best Offseasons

jdawg4876

I was thinking today I like a lot of the moves TD made this yr.

TD made some mistakes no doubt with taptua and manahewui sp, and I scratched my head with the ewing pick as well but...

getting asante for a 7th was a steal and even if somehow philly was right and he is on a decline an avg asante is easily worth a 7th.

bringing in hope a great backup saftey and still could be a starter on most teams.

bringing in polite who is a lot closer to ovie than folks think.

finding us our first good prospect at QB in yrs in DD.

and so far both holmes and travan robertson have both looked really solid to me.

the biggest question I have yet is on konzs he has just been avg, hope this pans out

So all in all a good yr for TD

Edited by jdawg4876

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking today I like a lot of the moves TD made this yr.

TD made some mistakes no doubt with taptua and manahewui sp, and I scratched my head with the ewing pick as well but...

getting asante for a 7th was a steal and even if somehow philly was right and he is on a decline an avg asante is easily worth a 7th.- agree

bringing in hope a great backup saftey and still could be a starter on most teams.- disagree, Hope has been worse than shann and mitchell

bringing in polite who is a lot closer to ovie than folks think.- solid fb but nothing worth bragging about.

finding us our first good prospect at QB in yrs in DD.- IFJPW and REdman don't completley suck than DD never gets a shot. TD just got lucky on this.

and so far both holmes and travan robertson have both looked really solid to me. I agree and robertson, he looks like a good pick but Holmes is still a reach and needs to show something.

the biggest question I have yet is on konzs he has just been avg, hope this pans out- his top pick is questionable? this entire draft was almost a waste

So all in all a good yr for TD- average year, asante covers up alot of misses imo

drafting a fullback that early yes was a mistake he could have got one after the draft. I never liked the manuai pick up and he didnt even make it to the first pre season game lol and a lot of folks penciled him in as a starter, so yes that was a mistake. Tatpua ehhhh

besides sick dont you have some more rotoworld articles to post constantly lol

Edited by jdawg4876

drafting a fullback that early yes was a mistake he could have got one after the draft. I never liked the manuai pick up and he didnt even make it to the first pre season game lol and a lot of folks penciled him in as a starter, so yes that was a mistake. Tatpua ehhhh

besides sick dont you have some more rotoworld articles to post constantly lol

Getting the best FB in the draft in the 5th round when you have a big need for it is a steal and he was looking great before the injury. He'll be great once he's back.

Getting the best FB in the draft in the 5th round when you have a big need for it is a steal and he was looking great before the injury. He'll be great once he's back.

not at the 5th pick no its not he would have been there later and we all know it, I mean heck they found polite floating around without a home and he didnt even cost us one pic not even a late round one. Ovie was the best fullback in the game and he was cut more do to his salary than injury, FB is not a huge pickup like it was in the before time lol

Edited by jdawg4876

not at the 5th pick no its not he would have been there later and we all know it, I mean heck they found polite floating around without a home and he didnt even cost us one pic not even a late round one. Ovie was the best fullback in the game and he was cut more do to his salary than injury, FB is not a huge pickup like it was in the before time lol

Right, but most teams miss on their picks in the later rounds. We got a day 1 starter in the 5th. I'll take it. TD's draft was solid with the lack of a 1st and 4th round pick.

Right, but most teams miss on their picks in the later rounds. We got a day 1 starter in the 5th. I'll take it. TD's draft was solid with the lack of a 1st and 4th round pick.

and im not saying ewing wont be a great FB he might be, but to me in the 5th round we needed to look at a TEs not a Full back, when you can find a good one in FA

Yep overall I think we (TD) did well with our scant picks in the draft. I liked the focus on keeping the core players with new coordinators. Only time will tell if that leads to improvement. DD is an exciting prospect to upgrade our backup QB position, especially since both Redman and JPW appear to have suddenly regressed overnight for some strange reason.

I think his best moves this offseason were not just who he signed, but what he signed them for. Asante and Abe are on great, cap friendly deals. I don't think he overpaid for anybody and the lone concern from the draft I had showed why I'm not a scout (Holmes).

I don't agree at all regarding the Ewing pick. 5th rounders rarely pan out anyway. If you get a backup FB in the 5th, it's a good pick. Nevermind a starting one. It didn't work out that way, but that was due to injury, which doesn't make it a reach.