I Wish We Hadnt Cut Walls

It said injury cut, but do we still retain the rights to him?

No, technically any team can sign him now, but with the injury, no team probably will. We'll probably keep tabs on him, and you might see him later if he heals. They probably had no real timetable on his injury and wanted clear the roster spot for someone that was healthy.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

i really liked the guy.. he really showed me something his rookie year and i think he has a chance to be a good corner in the league.

he did very well. at times I saw him being more then franks, minus Special teams.

I just thought francks and walls needed another year to learn.

It said injury cut, but do we still retain the rights to him?

For the length of the injury settlement, he cannot be signed by anyone else from what I understand. Lets say it was projected to be an 8 week recovery. The Falcons will pay him for those 8 weeks while he heals and rehabs. After that is up, he's a free agent. If they put him on IR, they'd have to pay him all year, but it seems they are not worried about someone else signing him. IR is generally reserved for those players on real contracts instead of year to year minimum ones.

For the length of the injury settlement, he cannot be signed by anyone else from what I understand. Lets say it was projected to be an 8 week recovery. The Falcons will pay him for those 8 weeks while he heals and rehabs. After that is up, he's a free agent. If they put him on IR, they'd have to pay him all year, but it seems they are not worried about someone else signing him. IR is generally reserved for those players on real contracts instead of year to year minimum ones.

well maybe he will get another shot with us. what was his injury?

Actually he can sign with another team. If he does that before the settlement period is over then the Falcons are no longer on the hook for any remaining injury payments.

I'm shocked and upset over this move, I had us carrying 6 Corners with Nolans new system (R,L,Nickle and a back up at each), I also thought Walls was ahead of Crisp Ovens on the depth chart. I hope the injury (leg, soft tissue...whatever that means), heals and we re-sign him.

I was really disappointed to see this. I thought Walls was one of the most consistent CBs this preseason. You didn't hear his name much because it seemed like he always had his man locked down and teams weren't throwing his way much.

I have a suspicion that we may have injury settled with Walls so we can avoid putting him on IR. I'm thinking the injury is significant enough to keep him out for a while but not enough to keep him out for the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see us resign him once he's healthy again.

I hope I'm right because I think he could be another Grimes type of player in the sense that he could be really good if given enough time to develop.

Franks got lucky, he has been a disaster from the Playoff game against Giants(100+ yards,3 3rd down conversions,2TD). Franks was beat in the camp,FNL and in the preseason games. I never understand the love for Franks here on the boards , he has been terrible except for couple of picks last season. Sucks to be Walls, he probably had a good chance of beating Franks.

we couldnt crisp owens or jpw be cut instead of him? man this sucks

See this is what i dont get... Chris Owens played good late last year.... You wanna cut the CB that played best in the playoffs last year ?

I get that alot of ppls felt Walls has/had potential.... Hopefully if Walls is out for the season.. We can bring him back next year.

See this is what i dont get... Chris Owens played good late last year.... You wanna cut the CB that played best in the playoffs last year ?

I get that alot of ppls felt Walls has/had potential.... Hopefully if Walls is out for the season.. We can bring him back next year.

I threw the remote at the TV when Owens got beat badly in playoff game against GB in 2010. But Owens was the best CB against Giants last year and Franks was the worst. Surprisingly Owens gets the crap for GB disaster(rightfully so) but Franks gets a clean chit. Glad Nolan wasn't comfortable with Franks and got Asante on the team.

I threw the remote at the TV when Owens got beat badly in playoff game against GB in 2010. But Owens was the best CB against Giants last year and Franks was the worst. Surprisingly Owens gets the crap for GB disaster(rightfully so) but Franks gets a clean chit. Glad Nolan wasn't comfortable with Franks and got Asante on the team.

Owens just doesn't belong in the NB position. He has to be on the outside to succeed.

My best guess is Walls hit a development ceiling. You know how the coaching staff was raving about D. Davis making strides in camp, same must have been the case for Walls his rookie year, he just lost it this year and dint grow much over that, I honestly thought he regressed this year in play and hadnt read anything about him in any camp reports, unlike last year.

I never understand the love for Franks here on the boards , he has been terrible except for couple of picks last season. Sucks to be Walls, he probably had a good chance of beating Franks.

Franks gets a lot of love on here because he is so accessible. Hes probably the only player you can tweet and 9 times out of 10 he will tweet you back.