Dent Doesn't Look Good At All

#1 pick™

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its my opinion am I not entitled? From what I've seen of him thus far I'm just not impressed. If you think he's good that great for you.

My problem is that you're acting like your opinion is the definitive word on him. If I had an opinion about the U.S. economy based on 2 minutes of skimming a brochure, would I be entitled to that opinion? Sure! Would it be a valuable or accurate opinion? Almost certainly not. Should I try to act like it's factual, and then complain about how xyz hasn't been fixed, so the U.S. is doomed? Not if I want someone to take me seriously. That's all I'm saying. I respect that you think Dent hasn't looked good. The thing is, given the context, it just doesn't mean much. Dent could very easily have a breakout season this year when/if he shakes the cobwebs out. He easily could be a bust. We just don't know at this point. So its silly to try to bemoan the guy right now.

Bringing out the horse again we made Bush look like he is going to the pro-bowl the other night. Everyone is complaining about Lofton being a 2 down MLB well if his play puts us in 3rd and long imo he is worth it but when you're getting 10-18 yrds on first or second down the the two down argument is moot.

Edited by Xfactor

Your post has brought to the forefront my worse fears with this 2012 Falcons team. I know a lot of people seemed rather disgusted with how things ended with Lofton. But...the man was a strong run stopping force. We dont have that now and teams are going to line up and run it right at us.

I remember the 59-10 beating we took against the chiefs 8 years ago. We could not stop them and they ran at will against us. Seems like with Peters and Lofton not on the field...we might have a real problem this year!

Your post has brought to the forefront my worse fears with this 2012 Falcons team. I know a lot of people seemed rather disgusted with how things ended with Lofton. But...the man was a strong run stopping force. We dont have that now and teams are going to line up and run it right at us.

I remember the 59-10 beating we took against the chiefs 8 years ago. We could not stop them and they ran at will against us. Seems like with Peters and Lofton not on the field...we might have a real problem this year!

56-10.. its etched into my brain. I've only been a fan since 98 and that is my most embarassing loss, even more than the Superbowl. We got punked on national tv. #1 ranked run defense giving up 8 touchdowns 4 to the starting and backup RB. SHEEE IT

My problem is that you're acting like your opinion is the definitive word on him. If I had an opinion about the U.S. economy based on 2 minutes of skimming a brochure, would I be entitled to that opinion? Sure! Would it be a valuable or accurate opinion? Almost certainly not. Should I try to act like it's factual, and then complain about how xyz hasn't been fixed, so the U.S. is doomed? Not if I want someone to take me seriously. That's all I'm saying. I respect that you think Dent hasn't looked good. The thing is, given the context, it just doesn't mean much. Dent could very easily have a breakout season this year when/if he shakes the cobwebs out. He easily could be a bust. We just don't know at this point. So its silly to try to bemoan the guy right now.

Even with all that said I still think he will be a liability this year. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong

And just think...we could have had Willis instead of drafting Anderson.

Don't remind me, I broke my phone v. the wall and I had ten people over and they all left at the same time right after when that selection was made.

Edited by The Immortal #1 pick

I used to read all the time on here how lofton sucked then when he is gone he is great. I used to here how chris houston sucked then robinson came and houston was said to be beter. so all dent needs to do is leave the falcons and he would be considerd great on this board.

There were only a select few who thought he sucked. I was one of the guys wanting to resign him no matter what.

Dent looks great as a run stuffer and is able to plug the middle.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Akeem Dent just can't play.

At all.

Well--- at least not well. He can play horribly all day long.

Against a team that had never EVER won a bowl game, the mighty Akeem Dent registered one whole freaking tackle.

Just one.

In a bowl game.

And a UCF running back ran over and by Dent and some guy named Rambo for the only touchdown of the game.

http://commercialappeal.sportsdirectinc.com/football/ncaaf-boxscores.aspx?page=/data/NCAAF/results/2010-2011/boxscore29133.html

No heart.

No pride.

No ability.

No talent.

No chance.

Not no way---

--- not no how.

Fletcher? Washington? Posluszny? Cushing?

Lofton is better than all of those LB except for Johnson. Sean Lee is good but he isn't a playmaker. He isn't even better than Lofton. I do wish we had one of them now since we lost Lofton.

I'm sorry but if you think Lofton is better than London Fletcher then I have some serious questions about your football acumen.

We must be watching two different players. Dent looks great as a run stuffer and is able to plug the middle. He's mediocre in coverage, but guess what? So is Lofton.

Yea you are. They're talking about Akeem Dent, 52 for the Atlanta Falcons. No clue who the **** you talking about. You must have only watched the second half. He looked terrible against the run, re: first snap of the game. I'm not worried about him long term though, but right now he's taking some lumps.

Just like last year. I knew losing Lofton was a major mistake. He didn't get paid big bucks because he is easy to replace. Good MLB are hard to find. This sucks.

No, Dent -- for better or worse -- is a Lofton clone. Thumper against the run, lost against good passing teams on pass plays. They are both becoming poorer fits in the NFL, much like the in the box safeties ie Roy Williams.

He'll do exactly what Lofton did, which is rack up a lot of tackles and get picked on in coverage by decent TEs. I wish WR had made the Demeco Ryans trade or had gotten a guy like Mychal Kendricks in the draft, but they thought they could replace Lofton with Dent and they were mostly right.

As in "replace", not "upgrade".

No, Dent -- for better or worse -- is a Lofton clone.

I would bet that if they put a tackling dummy with Lofton's old jersey on it at the MLB spot, it would provide more impact than Akeem Dent. Dent is just completely horrible. I wouldn't hire him as a Wal-Mart greeter.