Antoine Smith

jdawg4876

I really like Antone Smith alot, but if Snelling is healthy then he has the upper hand. And also can play FB in emergency situations. I wouldn't be opposed to carrying him on our roster. Or atleast try him out on PR or KR because the guy is a good player. I am thinking next week he is going to have a reallyyyy good game.

He is very Brian Westbrook-esque

Edited by Clark Kent

I really like Antone Smith alot, but if Snelling is healthy then he has the upper hand. And also can play FB in emergency situations. I wouldn't be opposed to carrying him on our roster. Or atleast try him out on PR or KR because the guy is a good player. I am thinking next week he is going to have a reallyyyy good game.

He is very Brian Westbrook-esque

IDk with how much weight snelling lost I dont know how good of a fullback he will be

I think he has made the team, i assume we will carry 4 hbs and 1 fb

Turner

Quizz

Snell

Smith

fb

Polite

cox

at this point i dont know who root for at FB, 1 of these guys will be gone, Polite has looked good, but cox still looks to have good burst and was with the team last yr, whoever blocks the best and plays STs will get the job IMO

Smith is our fastest back as he runs a 4.35

Our second fastest back is quizz and he runs a 4.52

Smith is our only speed back, so I would like to see him make the team

He was making the team anyway. He's a ST guy generally, hopefully he can be a 3rd down back or change of pace back.

I like this kid also. I say lets keep him & work him into the offense. He has good hands, speed, he reads blocks well & he gets upfield. Maybe a good 5 touches a game. We would have to find a way to get him the ball in space where he can use his strengths. Screen game & draw plays

Smith has always looked good when he gets a chance. He is a top special teams

player too. So it will be interesting to see how much he gets used going forward.

For the past few years, Smith has looked pretty good in preseason. He has gotten a few chances in games with passes to the flats and such and has basically gotten tackled at the line of scrimmage each time. He definitely fits well in the screen game though. I saw a play that sent him streaking downfield at lightning fast speed in the first preseason game, clearing the intermediate route for 84 to make a 20 yd catch. His speed has to be respected and could be very useful!

Edited by Robinit

i really like Antone Smith as well. I would think a good "screen pass" player like Smith would also make him good punt returner. Are the Falcons giving Smith a shot at punt returns? they should.

I would like to see him make the roster and would not be suprised if Smith got plucked from a practice squad. He looks dayum good.

My guess is Smith is probably not a great blocker - if he was, he would be a nice screen pass running back for sure......

i really like Antone Smith as well. I would think a good "screen pass" player like Smith would also make him good punt returner. Are the Falcons giving Smith a shot at punt returns? they should.

I would like to see him make the roster and would not be suprised if Smith got plucked from a practice squad. He looks dayum good.

My guess is Smith is probably not a great blocker - if he was, he would be a nice screen pass running back for sure......

Smith will not be on our practice squad...he has been our special teams gunner for cpl years now! He has gotten a few chances to show what he's worth in regular season games as a wide receiverin the past and has not taken advantage of that so far. Hope to see him utilized in the screen game.

Also, there is probably a reason that he hasn't gotten a chance to return kicks over the course of the past few years...

Edited by Robinit

Smith will not be on our practice squad...he has been our special teams gunner for cpl years now! He has gotten a few chances to show what he's worth in regular season games as a wide receiverin the past and has not taken advantage of that so far. Hope to see him utilized in the screen game.

Also, there is probably a reason that he hasn't gotten a chance to return kicks over the course of the past few years...

I did not have Antoine Smith on the practice squad in my 49 roster....... ???