I Think Dom Secured A Spot If Not #2

jeho71

I don't understand that myself. It's not like East Carolina University is East Cornhole State. Dang, Chris Johnson came outta there just a few years ago....

I'm just thrilled we have him.

Heard from more than a few people that they saw DD as an east coast Graham Harrell

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch Smitty put him on the PS
Then get the farewell party ready because he won't stay on it for even a day.

Surely the Falcons aren't that stupid. (in the interest of full disclosure I have said that more than once in the decades I have been a Falcon fan.)

Heard from more than a few people that they saw DD as an east coast Graham Harrell

Fair enough comparison I guess....similar size, I like Dominique's arm a little better...I like Dom's poise a little better...both are tougher than they're given credit for. Harrell played for Mike Leach so he was able to air it out a little more often than Dom did at ECU....Not a bad comparison.

I don't understand that myself. It's not like East Carolina University is East Cornhole State. Dang, Chris Johnson came outta there just a few years ago....

I'm just thrilled we have him.

I lived in Durham NC for just under 3 years prior to this past Christmas. I actually did go to a few ECU games. I had a few cousins who attended there. I went grudgingly once or twice. I honestly only went to tailgate. I heard about this kid a lot. I never took it seriously. I do now. I love me some Dubba D. He and Toone are my favs. The look on Toones face after he knew that TD was his sold me. I want the kid to win. I want Dubba D to win. These guys deserve it.

So in your opinion, there was still a competition between JPW and Davis going into this game?blink.png

if there wasn't any competition JPW would have been cut by now right?.....in my opinion there hasn't been a competition between the the two since the first preseason game.....but its not my opinion that counts....so calm down with your little bug eyed face....

How was he an UDFA?

His SR wasn't that good. His supporting cast was terrible. He gave ECU a chance in every game that I've seen. His game v. Navy was one of the best performances last year for a college QB.

This is what I wrote before the draft in regards to Davis.

My big issues with Davis is:

Throwing motion

His release could sharpen up

His footwork, it's awful, then again, RGIII had awful footwork in his Soph(RS) year and changed it.

I really don't like his footwork, watching the Navy highlights reminded me again why I dropped him from my top 10. He was doing that all season, throwing without setting his feet. Part of the reason he was so inconsistent.

consistency, it could be due to his footwork.

His deep ball could add some touch to it.

Has a tendency to rely to much of his arm when it's not that great as say someone like Matt Stafford

What I like:

He generally hit WR's in stride

He's extremely accurate.

GAMER - He stepped it up when the competition was at it's highest.

Good athlete

His deep ball looks solid, could use more touch.

Really good in playaction.

Really has improved from his time at BC, I always seen the talent but he came into college extremely raw. He really improved. Not to RGIII or Cam's level of course but to become a NFL prospect is an accomplishment.

He has a lot of potential but his floor is very low. He could be overwhelmed early on by the NFL but in a year or two could be a stud in practice like a Tony Romo.

Those people are bigger idiots than some of the posters here. I always wonder where some scouts get their opinion, especially when it's a Black QB. They say some pretty outlandish s**t. Russell Wilson got a 2nd round grade from me but was compared to scrubs otherwise by scouts.

I haven't updated this in awhile. Here's my list:

1. Griffin

2. Luck

3. Cousins

4. Tannehill

5. Wilson

6. Weeden

7. Foles

Griffin is my number one overall prospect. He is a superior passing but not as talented as a Football player out of college version of Michael Vick. Has great field vision, pocket presence, Football IQ, has very good elusiveness not elite in this area like Newton or Vick, excellent velocity, and has a rocket arm. 1st Top 10. Comparison: Michael Vick/Aaron Rodgers

Luck is a very good athlete. He is strong, has good speed, elite accuracy, best going through progressions amazing pocket presence, elite pre snap read, very good mobility in the pocket, elite within 15 yards, poor velocity, still is very accurate past 15 yards just has major velocity issues. Luck is a winner. I don't see so much of the "it" factor but this man can play football at an extremely high level. 1st Top 10: Matt Ryan/Peyton Manning

Cousins is a very good football player. He reminds me of Andy Dalton from last season. Due to Dalton's success, I moved Cousins to the late 1st due to the need for NFL ready game manager who can create at times than Cousins is your man. Good at mostly everything and average and others but he's a NFL starter ready player. 1st Mid to late. Comparison: Andy Dalton

Tannehill is very much like Jeff Garcia to me. He's extremely raw out of college. He's talented very talented but unlike Garcia, Tannehill has massive size while Garcia was severely undersized. Extremely talented, can run, has a good arm, smart, very good within 15 yards, your typical WCO prospect. He needs seasoning like last year high potential prospect Colin Keapernick. He is a 2nd rounder by my grade. Comparison: Jeff Garcia with massive size.

Russell Wilson is a superb talent. To be honest, he is the 3rd most talented guy in this draft and is closer skill wise to Griffin and Luck than he is to Tannehill and Cousins. Wilson issues are clearly adjusted to the NFL size, finding the right fit, his height, and his adjusting overall. He has a very good arm, very good velocity, has great anticipation, high football iq, he has the "it" factor, elite pocket mobility best I've seen in ages, great speed, extremely accurate, is a playmaker, not a game manager. This is something that most QB's cannot do. He would be a great catch for a team who has a QB but wants a talented backup who could become a Pro Bowl QB in the future. His potential is extremely high, I like him a lot in the WCO. I am not as high on him in shotgun or offenses like Air Coryell. 2nd round. Comparison: Joe Montana/Doug Flutie

Weeden: 2nd round grade. Comparison: Quincy Carter

Foles: 3rd round grade. Comparison: Jake Plummer/Chad Henne

Edited by The Immortal #1 pick

If JPW would have taken his job seriously the years he was on the team and actually got better he wouldn't be having to worry about making the team this year being lazy doesn't pay

JPW took his job seriously, to say otherwise is bs. He just isn't that good because he lacks the tools needed to plays QB at this level. Davis is miles more talented than 99% of your usual UDFA QB's doesn't help either.

Last night was the first time I've been able to watch Davis play. Dude can ball. No doubt he has JPW's spot and IMO Redman better watch out also. God forbid if Ryan gets hurt but if that were to happen I think I would rather see Davis in the game than Redman. Sure he's a vet and knows out system but watching him play just leaves me with a frown. I say Davis for #2.

I keep hearing knows our system, but they are all learning the new nuances of it.

But man, DD could be our next Schaub.

Possibly next Brett Favre. He has extreme talent. Watching him at ECU was Warren Moon like at times.

I starting to get pissed for D.Davis when we started running the ball when he got in but he complete every pass he need to except for the one that slipped out Coffman's hand. Davis should start next week. It should be Davis 1st half and Wilson last half just to let Wilson have a chance to show other teams what he can do before we cut him.

Here's the real info on DD. I watched the young man play for two years at ECU. He came to us by way of the JUCO route he had some issues with grades at BC. He got his act together and enrolled at ECU in the fall of 2010. He started in an offense with only two weeks practice and broke the TD record for ECU qb's his first year. You won't find a more hard working and humble person. Off the field he was a stellar working in the community with under privileged kids while working hard in the classroom.

He is a true student of the game and a natural leader. ECU runs a variant of the Air Raid offense with lots of motion. in practice our qb's average 250 - 300 throws a day they wear GoPro cameras so the staff can make sure they're working their reads correctly. Dom is fleet of foot and has the ability to move the sticks with his feet. The Air Raid offense forces the qb to manage the game and deliver the ball on target to the right player.

Bottom line .... you got a good one. He's really a pro type qb who sharpened those skills in ECU's offense. He has a quick release and can read defenses with the best of them. He will work his tail off for the Falcons and do what is necessary to help you win ballgames. Most of all Dom is a team player you'll never hear him talk about himself in the context of winning games.

Little game video of Dom at ECU when the video opens click on the HD Icon to view in HD.

http://bluewaterpira...5265678_6520263

Note ..... in the video he went head to head with Russell Wilson (Seattle SeaHawks rookie) ECU won the game. Dom threw 4 TD passes.

Edited by bwpirate

Here's the real info on DD. I watched the young man play for two years at ECU. He came to us by way of the JUCO route he had some issues with grades at BC. He got his act together and enrolled at ECU in the fall of 2010. He started in an offense with only two weeks practice and broke the TD record for ECU qb's his first year. You won't find a more hard working and humble person. Off the field he was a stellar working in the community with under privileged kids while working hard in the classroom.

He is a true student of the game and a natural leader. ECU runs a variant of the Air Raid offense with lots of motion. in practice our qb's average 250 - 300 throws a day they wear GoPro cameras so the staff can make sure they're working their reads correctly. Dom is fleet of foot and has the ability to move the sticks with his feet. The Air Raid offense forces the qb to manage the game and deliver the ball on target to the right player.

Bottom line .... you got a good one. He's really a pro type qb who sharpened those skills in ECU's offense. He has a quick release and can read defenses with the best of them. He will work his tail off for the Falcons and do what is necessary to help you win ballgames. Most of all Dom is a team player you'll never hear him talk about himself in the context of winning games.

Little game video of Dom at ECU

Good post. My niece went to ECU so I got to see Dominique play for the Pirates some. Every thing you posted rang true to me and I learned some new info.

Thanks for the post.

The clincher for Davis as the #2 QB is the tidbit he dropped in his post game interview. On the TD pass he saw the press coverage and checked into the vertical route. He friggin' called the play! He is playing the game instead of having the game play him!

Some mention Redman's experience with the offense, but frankly that offense is long gone. Redman might be a good backup in Jacksonville where they apparently are now playing Mularkey's offense, but he has no more experience with DK's offense than Davis has. Frankly I think it has been clearly established that Redman cannot handle DK's offense and therefore cannot be trusted with the #2 position.

Little game video of Dom at ECU when the video opens click on the HD Icon to view in HD.

Note ..... in the video he went head to head with Russell Wilson (Seattle SeaHawks rookie) ECU won the game. Dom threw 4 TD passes.

see *this* is why I come here. wish I saw more of this than 'Matt Ryan sucks' and 'Turner is done'